“Wedding at Paradisus Punta Cana All Inclusive Resort”

Paradisus Punta Cana Resort
Ranked #27 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I traveled to Punta Cana in January of 2012, in search of a resort to host my wedding. I fell in love with the ambiance that Paradisus offered, peacefull and very zen! I worked with them all year to plan my special day. The wedding department at Paradisus Punta Cana is terrible. They don't respond to emails, they are not consistent and are very disorganized! Specifically our initial coordinator Jennifer. I arrived in June and checked in to what felt like a nightmare...nothing was right... they advised me upon check-in that my reception location had changed due to construction. A construction that was planned in December of 2011, however I had chosen a reception location in January 2012. See where I am going with this!

Brides make sure you keep every email communication with the wedding department and reservation department. I can assure you that there will be LOTS of errors! Thankfully I had brought everything with me to back-up everything that was promised and that I expected. After my meeting with Vito (GM of the resort), things went very smoothly. He assigned my a new coordinator Miguelina, which was amazing and who made my wedding day a dream come true!!!

Also, if you are searching for a photographer at this resort, look no further...ALVARO is you guy!! He is beyond what I can describe in words...he is simply AMAZING! He captured every moment and every detail and the pictures are out of this world. Everyone who has seen the pictures say they are "magazine material"!!

The resort is beautiful, the staff is amazing (minus the indiviudals and departments mentioned). I agree with others that you must stay in the Reserve or Royal Service.

Overall, this is a must see resort!

Room Tip: Stay in the Reserve (it's very new) or Royal Service
3  Thank Melissa D
There are newer reviews for Paradisus Punta Cana Resort

Reviewed 25 June 2012

I was very disappointed when we checked in to our room. First we had to wait several hours to even get in to the room. They said it was being cleaned but it was not clean. There were spider webs hanging from the ceiling over the bed. Then we had a big leak in the ceiling in the bathroom. They replaced the tile without fixing like it was an everyday occurence. They did put us in another room which ended up not having hot water. Even though we were disappointed in the condition of the hotel, we were still pleasant to the employees and they treated us good too. They went out of their way to get us anything we needed. I can't complain about one of them. The most important thing to me when choosing a hotel is the cleanliness and the rooms were not that clean. I think the majority of the problem is because they do not maintain the resort well enough. The common areas were nice but we were with 25 people for a wedding and everybody had a complaint about their room. We vacation twice a year and have stayed at many resorts and this was the first time I have had any problems with the rooms. I also think that the employees were some of the best out of most of the resorts we have stayed at. Treat them with respect and they will do the same! The only other problem was waiting for the tram -- it usually took awhile for it to come by. We just walked most of the time.

4  Thank Sherri Z
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Guest service was excellent! Staff was very friendly! Felipe Mateo and Jose David were excellent servers at the bar and the reason we kept coming back to ciel to enjoy the nightlife during our week stay!!! :D Looking forward to future stays!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Not recommended this hotel.A large section of the beach is closed.Staff unfriendly,bartenders working to drink.
It was not first time our to Punta cana.
Food were not good.Long way to the beach,the beach should i go to the train,it takes a LONG time to wait.Train a lot,but goes by the workers themselves.Can not return,because there are far and with children is difficult.
Our concierge was Lady.Concierge unnecessary,because nothing does not work.
Disappointed with PARADISUS Punta cana.Reserve registration desk work very bad.AC system does not work in the restaurants.Uncomfortably,very hot.
We do not plan come back to this resort.

3  Thank sonataa
Reviewed 23 June 2012

No doubt this excellent hotel is great.. Excellent Services, Excellent Areas... i Just Have To Say Something ... i Really Like !!!

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Omar R
Reviewed 23 June 2012

My family and I just returned home from our 4 night stay at the Reserve (Paradisus Punta Cana). Our daughter ranked this as her second favorite vacation (DisneyWorld was her first). Our son ranked it as his number one best vacation. The children are 11 year old twins. We stayed in a two bedroom suite (rooms 2412 and 2411). The rooms were clean, spacious, comfortable and very modern. There were enough tvs between the rooms that all four of us got to watch what we wanted, when we wanted. There are numerous light switches in the suites, and at times you may find it cumbersome and frustrating trying to figure out which switch operates which lights. A hassle yes; but a vacation ruiner no. The staff we encountered were delightful, welcoming and extremely helpful. Silvio showered our children with kindness from our first day through the last. Sandra was exceptional. She gave us a tour of the property; made sure we did not want for anything; and even went into town to buy me conditioner since the ocean and sand took a toll on my hair. At the beach bar, we encountered Mikey-Mikey with the drinkie-drinkies. He had an abundant amount of energy, which meant you always had a drink in your hand if you wanted one. On top of his energy, he was extremely delightful to talk to. So here are the highlights -- The rooms were great (it turned out our kids got the master suite with double beds and we got the smaller adjoining suite with a king size bed, which was smaller. When we return, we will be sure to request the master with the king; and will again request a pool view). The beach was very clean and beautiful. The beach chairs are extremely comfortable (if you want a fancy chair, you must get to the beach before 8 am to put your towl down). We also enjoyed the free water toys at the beach! Having the grill on the beach made it very easy to keep the children fed without the hassle of having to de-sand in order to go into a restaurant. The shuttles were nice when you just didn't feel like walking the property. The grounds were perfectly manicured -- bring your camera. There are a number of restaurtant to choose from so you do not have to eat the same dinner each night (unless you want to). Check in and check out was a breeze. The property was self contained so I was not worried about the children leaving the beach for bathroom breaks unsupervised. The staff in the Gabi Club (for Reserve Guests) were very kind and friendly -- I wanted Yandra to come home with us and become one of my sisters. The pool area was really beautiful with comfortable chairs (both in the water and out). The swim-up bar was a really nice touch. The children loved every meal (especially the breakfast buffet in the Gabi). My husband thought the food was mediocre. I did not enjoy the food one bit. However, that was not going to define my vacation. While the food was not desireable, there was always something to eat (even if it was just french fries), so I never went hungry. If you are a foodie, you will not be very happy. If food is fuel for you -- you'll be just fine. Again, I found the light switches annoying, but that was a minor nusiance. There are no Reserve rooms with an ocean view. The pool was a decent substitute.

The unexpected -- people smoke on the beach; some (2-4) women are topless; some families are loud talkers...and I am not referring to their children; there is a lot of upselling from the guys peddling cigars on the beach to the man walking around with a monkey selling photographs. Unless you are interested in joining a vacation club, decline all invitations to breakfast or lunch.

In short, measure your expectations. Ask for a tour of the property on your first day so that you don't miss the good stuff (it took us a day to realize we were at the non-Reserve beach). Delight in the ocean. Get to know the staff as they are really wonderful. Pack plenty of sunscreen. Have a good time. Life is short.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the pool since there are no Reserve rooms with a view of the ocean.
4  Thank r a
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We were sadly disappointed with Paradisus Punta Cana. The folks working at the registration desk were poorly organized and didn't seem to know what they had to do. It seemed like an eternity to get a room assigned. The rooms not only had older furniture but the AC system never did fully cool our room. The smell of mildew and humidity never left our room. We were much more comfortable outside in the 90 plus degree weather.
The hotel was undergoing some renovations and therefore some of the restaurants were closed. Even though there were at least 8 different types of restaurants available, there wasn't much variety as you would expect. Food and alcohol were not good at all.
Only highlight of the resort was the spacious gym facility, the extremely comfortable beach beds and the multiple water sport activities that were offered free of charge.
We don't plan on visiting again.

Room Tip: Royal Service accommodations provide a nice jacuzzi tub
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
0.0 km away
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana
4.0 km away
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Paradisus Punta Cana Resort? Share your experiences!