“Amazing vacations!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
St-Eustache
“Amazing vacations!”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My family and I where at the Bavaro Princess from April 13th to 20th and let me say, we had SO MUCH FUN ! This place is amazing ! It's a nice and clean place, food is very good and the animation team : WOW ! The beach was also very clean and there's a lot of space to be relax. For sure I will be returning soon !

Room Tip: Platinium room's are nicer since they have been renovated
6 Thank Jessica B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,869)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Langhorne , PA
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We arrived in Punta Cana 4/20/2012 and stayed there for 6 days, before we decided to make this trip we read a lot of reviews in this webpage and some of them were negatives we were a little bit worried at the end we decided to live our own experience and let me tell you something that was our best decision now we don't understand how can anyone talk bad about this resort the staff services food beach everything was outstanding. We recommend this beautiful resort to anyone that wants to have an incredible vacation, kids will have so much fun and the person in charge of the kids club ( ALEXANDRA) will make them have their best time ever, the shows at nights ( Musicals) are the best you can imagine the singers actors all the staff that participates are very professional friendly and even make you take part of it, it's magnificent we had a impressive beautiful time specially when they performed the musicals from all over South America being a Venezuelan and my wife Colombian those moments made us very very pleased happy made this wonderful experience even much better. We would like to name everyone of the wonderful staff at BAVARO PRINCESS to express our gratitude to this spectacular vacation being that impossible will name some of them:
1) Alexandra ( Kids club)
2) Jairo ( waiter at the Hispaniola)
3) Fernando ( Food prep at the Hispaniola)
4) Angel( cook at the Italian station at the Hispaniola)
5) Victor De La Rosa ( Suites mini bar)
6)Juan ( maintenance at the main pool)
7) Yanelis ( towels main pool)
8) Aira or Ana ? ( entertainment )
To all of you thank you and we hope well see you soon.

6 Thank davstar215
Saint John
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I stayed at the Bavaro Princess for 2 weeks from March 30/2012 through April 14/2012. I stayed at this resort about 6 years ago and had a great time then but had an even better time this year. I had asked for rooms close to my friend who was coming in from the states and they put us in buildings side by side which I was grateful for. I have absolutely no complaints about this resort. The rooms were beautiful, large and newly renovated. I was there over Easter so it was very busy but even so, my room was done early afternoon each day. The food was excellent...hey, I didn't have to cook so that in itself is wonderful. I ate at the buffet mostly but did go to the seafood restaurant and the steakhouse a few times. The waiters were all super but my favorite waiter was Leo!!! He was so kind and would go above and beyond every day to ensure I had everything I needed. The same people serving you in the morning are serving you at lunch and supper. They work long hard days so please give them a smile and tip them....The entertainment team were wonderful. I'd like to have half their energy. I've been traveling to the DR for the past 15 years so have stayed at several resorts and the beach in Bavaro is by far the best in Punta Cana. The great thing about this resort is that it is directly in Bavaro so you can walk off the resort and go shopping or to the clubs at night. Everyting about my trip was wonderful right down to checking out. Zacharie took the time to explain my phone charges to me and was very friendly and kind. He made my checkout go smoothly and seamless. Thanks Zacharie:) Overall this resort is wonderful and I plan to go back this summer.

Room Tip: I was in a room close to the beach and it was quiet but close to everything...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank SaintJohnSunlover
northeast Ohio
Reviewed 26 April 2012

This was our first time to Punta Cana and we stayed from April 18-25 2012. Let me start off by saying the airport at Punta Cana is a madhouse! We had a group of 7, with 2 older people, and the mad rush to get everyone's luggaage together with the same porter was stressfull. With that said, the stay at the Bavaro Princess was exceptional. The room we had (in the 93 building) was neat, clean, and close to the beach and main pool area. The hotel staff was more than accomodating to our needs. Carloss (the hotel consierge for Apple customers) was exceptional. He checked on our entire party multiple times daily to make sure we were happy. The older couple had a hard time sleeping the 1st. night due to a hard mattress, but Carlos took care of it immediately. The grounds are a beautifull park-like setting with peacocks, geese, ducks, and a coy/turtle pond in the lobby area. There is a shuttle to take you around the grounds. We found the speciality restaurants to be average, but the main buffet (with nightly themes) was very good. The local shops outside of the resort can be intimidating, and the shop owners very pushy, but haggle, never pay what they are asking. Overall, I would recomend this resort to anyone who loves the tropical beauty of the carribean and a beautifull resort to stay in.

2 Thank robacker
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 April 2012

my boyfriend and i just got home on 4/22 - we had a great time! we loved the resort, our room was the first one in off the beach (our 1st room was a few buildings away so we asked for something closer and got it after our 1st night, we were thrilled). the beach is beautiful, we loved the platinum beach area they have great lounge chairs - but get up early and reserve them because everyone else is - since we were platinum we each received a 20-minute massage which we did together on the beach, it was great! the food is average (just like any other all inclusive we've stayed at). i'm a wine drinker at home and i tried the white and it was ok, it didn't taste watered down at all; they have champagne too - we would have mimosa's in the morning. but when i'm in the DR i'm usually drinking Brugal with sprite. the people who work there really are great, just like many people said on this site, they are pleasant and helpful. we didn't find the beds to be to hard - they seemed fine to us, we loved our room but we never even used the jacuzzi. also, since we were platinum we could walk down the beach to 2 other resorts and go in eat and drink - we didn't go to their restaurants that you would need reservations just to the pool area buffet's and we'd go to their swim-up bars - we did this 3 times. we only had a few problems: one morning the resort didn't have water (not sure if other hotels had this as well) but it only lasted about 2 hours; we were on the ground-floor room and there was a family above us with 2 small children (that i swear wore tap-shoes) but we didn't complain since it wasn't too bad; and we really didn't care for their Gourmet restaurant: small portions, snob-ish attitude; and really all the restaurants are a little weird - at the Japanese restaurant they list sushi rolls but they brought us salads (not sure why they didn't just say they had salads and no really sushi rolls. but really we had an awesome vacation! we would recommend Princess!

Room Tip: if you want a room closer to the beach make sure to tip, we tipped $20 and were thrilled with our ne...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth R
The Netherlands
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We stayed from 9 - 19 april, it was our 3rd visit at this resort and the second time in a Platinum suite. We love this resort. The beach / sea is awesome. Also we love the size of the park and vegetation, it's beautiful! You can have nice walks.
We had a room in the 76 building with a view on the wedding gazebo and nearby the Platinum Club on the beach. A very nice location.

We were a little disappointed about the food at the buffet restaurant though, although most meals tasted good, it was lukewarm or even cold most of the time (scrambled eggs at breakfast for example, always was cold). On our previous visits in 2007 and 2008 this was never the case, food was always warm then. I don't know if this is because of the crisis and the hotel needs to cut down on expenses, but it really is noticeable. I really hope the staff will do someting about this.

We enjoyed our stay and will definitely return for a vacation (in a few years ' time), we can recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Definitely go Platinum, very nice rooms and closest to the beach. Other pro's are the Platinum B...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WarZir
Cornwall
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This was our fourth time to the Dominican, every visit has been to Punta Cana. THe beach and view are outstanding, the water is outstanding.
After reading the reviews I had to shake my head and wonder what people are thinking. This is the Dominican Republic, they do things their way. Do not expect anything at all done fast, it just not happen and guess what, you are on holidays!!!! The staff was very friendly and helpful, bar staff even more so when you tip them....it is called human nature. The food in the a la cartes was very good and the main buffet for dinner was better than I imagined it would be for a buffet.
We were 2 couples and we took the platinum package which we were delighted with, the extras were nice but out own lounge was over the top.
This is a big resort so be prepared to walk or wait for the trolley. IF you are going to dinner when EVERYONE else is, be prepared to wait or walk!!
The only complaint I have is about the airport, very poorly designed when you get there, but still an improvement from 2 years ago, so they are trying.
When you treat people with respect, you get respect. And remember, you are visiting their country, you are not at home, embrace it!!

Room Tip: Go for the platinum package, only a bit extra and well worth it.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends