Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$334
Excellence Resorts
US$771
US$539
Bookit.com
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$378
US$295
Melia.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$351/night.

Memories Splash Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$399
US$283
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Be Live Collection Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$338
US$268
Be Live Hotels
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
US$327
US$229
US$390
US$301
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$391
US$285
US$561
US$178
Priceline
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$215/night.

Barcelo Bavaro Palace(Bavaro)
10,243 results
All reviewschef du villagehispaniola restaurantcircus teamzen poolflying trapezecrazy signsthe white chocolate breadindigo barla cavecouscous teamtennis teamtiara suitestrident spacetiara sectionland sportsfrench guestsspoke french
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Do not stay here on Saturday Night. Party at next resort over is so loud that in or 5 trident suite with doors closed wehad to talk louder. I caan not believe club med has no pull in getting next door to be quiet down. I have been to many resirts and am not a light sleeper. The music is so loud right now it is making my wife and I avtually laugh. When call to switch rooms they told me this happens once a week and they usually try to move the 5 trident space people elsewhere but tonight they are booked so they say there is nothing they can do. Club med should reimburse its guests for this night. It is so loud I will post video once I get home. Stayed here 5years ago and had best family vacation ever.......

Room Tip: dont stay in 5 trident space
4  Thank NeedRelaxin
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

Dear NeedRelaxin,

We sincerely apologize that your vacation was not as enjoyable as your trip five years ago. At Club Med, we pride ourselves on giving our guests a relaxing getaway and are sorry to hear that the loud music kept you from that. We thank you for the time you took to write this review. Management will be made aware of this issue in hopes of resolving it. We hope that this experience will not deter you from vacationing with Club Med in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 22, 2011

This was our best family vacation ever. The property, the staff, the restaurants, and above all, the children's program were wonderful. The children's program is like a camp, with varied activities which the child chooses, from 8:45am until evening, if you want. There was a staff member for roughly every three kids. Adding to the child-friendly nature of this place is that it's only five minutes from the airport. The European clientele adds to the exotic flavor. We all want to go back soon.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2011

Dear bergdoc,
Wow! We love hearing that this was your best family vacation ever! It's awesome that you took advantage of the children's program and enjoyed yourselves. We hope you'll come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2011

I've been to many all inclusive resorts including Beaches, Sandals, Dream Spa Punta Cana and I feel that they are a good choice if you travel with kids. My experience has been that the food is not that great and the crowd can be a bit trashy at times. I've always thought of Club Med as a cut below--I don't know why. I booked this trip on very short notice and this was all that was available.
Here goes--
We were very surprised by the food. It was really good! There was plenty of selection and the prep and presentation were fantastic! Many of the resorts offer a wide selection of restaurants (non of which are very good) and we have a tough time deciding. There weren't many choices here and that worked out fine because what they had was terrific. I found the guests to be very nice and friendly. Everybody was very happy. The rooms were ok. They need a face lift but they were fine. The staff was very nice and accommodative. There was a bit of a language barrier as most speak Spanish and French mainly but we got along fine. I was concerned about the drinks. I'm a vodka drinker and like premium vodka. They had Stoli, which was fine for me. If you want more premium than that--you can pay for it at the bar which I thouight was a bit cheesey. The beach was beautiful! The activities are fun. There is always something to do that is fun and if relaxation is what you want--there is plenty of that too. We were there during high season and although the beach was crowded--we always got a chair. there is a much quiter section of beach on the other side of the boating which is perfect for those who want quiet.
My main complaint was that they don't have a full spa with steam rooms etc. That would be grand. They do have a comfort center which was nice where you can get a massage but we didnt go. The gym is terrible. If they would add a full spa and fully equiped gym, I would give the resort 5 stars. As it is, I will go again though.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2011

Dear pcolh,
We're thrilled that Club Med Punta Cana exceeded your expectations! That's exactly what we love to hear. Thanks for the suggestions about the gym, it is definitely noted. We can't wait to have you back again soon!

Reviewed April 19, 2011

I'm a teenager who has been to Club Med Punta Cana 7 times, and I must say, this was the best yet! Our days were spent with: My mom got up early and went exercising. She has said the exercise room isn't great, but she dealt. Then, we would swing by Hispaniola to grab some food to eat while walking (they have disposable plates, utensils, etc next to the door) , as we were always too late to actually stay to eat. Breakfast closes at 10:30. Then we would head to the beach for watersports, such as sailing, windsurfing, snorkeling, or just swimming. The sailing team-especially Maddy- was a lot of help in teaching us to windsurf when we missed the lesson. Just a tip for snorkeling-go on the swimming side of the beach. Starting at the beach bar, swim right along the rope until you see a huge concrete block. Keep swimming along the rope a little further. You should see fish soon. When you find one fish, follow it and it'll lead you to the rest. The snorkeling is an amazing experience, being surrounded by all the brightly colored tropical fish. After beach sports, we would just lay on the beach and read or swim. Then we would head to lunch, and afterwards, trapeze. Thank you so much to the Circus team! Elyse, Elisa, Gilson, Henry, Manny, we miss you so much! Especially Elyse! They're so helpful with learning new things, and will always spot you on the practice bar if you're having trouble. We would stay there from 3-6, so we could go ourselves, watch my mom, and do catches. Afterwards, we would head to the room, wash up, and go to dinner. Some may argue that the food isn't great. It isn't 5 star, but I must say I thouroghly enjoyed each buffet style meal! They had everything from chicken nuggets and french fries to Caviar-something for even the most selective palette. Afterwards was the 9:30 show. Shows aren't anything amazing.... except the Circus one. That is a must-see! Afterwards, we would do crazy signs at the bar, then to bed for another full day ahead. The rooms were nothing special, but we had no issues. My mom had a queen size bed, I had a couch, and my sister had a day bed. The room is small, but you only shower and sleep there. Nothing else. I tried Passworld/The Ramp (the teen club- ages 11-17, split into 11-13 and 14-17 for activities) one day for an hour. I was the only American kid my age, so I left and found English-speaking friends on my own. We aren't best friends now, but it was nice to have someone to hang out with. Oh, and a little tip- the Ramp has computers that the teens can use for free. So if you walk by and see that it's empty, you can just sneak in and check your email or whatever since Wifi is so expensive. That's what my mom did, anyway.
Each review expresses the activities and such, but none can reveal the true feeling of family you get while at Club Med. A lot of all inclusives offer these amenities, but Club Med is special because of everything extra they do. The G.O.s and their extreme kindness and willingness to help, Crazy Signs and the feeling of being part of something while dancing, even being able to go up to anyone (well, assuming you speak the same language) and strike up a conversation! It is impossible for those except the most cold hearted to not cry as they leave, because no one is ready to go home. If you haven't been to a Club Med, you wouldn't know the feeling. So if you don't know what I'm talking about, you need to go book a Club Med Punta Cana vacation. NOW!

Room Tip: Request the Colon building-center of resortgrounds
1  Thank NymphadoraTonks2838
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2011

Dear NymphadoraTonks2838,
Wow! We're blown away by your kind words and thoughtful review! We love that you love Club Med Punta Cana and we really appreciate all the tips and tricks you mentioned. We hope you and your family will come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed April 14, 2011

Our family trip to Club Med Punta Cana was lovely and relaxing. One of the best things about the trip was the staff at the MiniClub. All the GO's working with the children were great but I have to single out one GO as particularly wonderful. Lucien (LuLu) took such good care of our child. Our 4 year old was terrified to be dropped off at camp and LuLu was extraordinarily patient and kind and so funny with our crying, kicking son. Our little boy, who was so reluctant to go to "camp", would explain at the end of each morning that camp had been so much FUN and we know that Lucien was responsible for that change of heart.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2011

Dear sew123,
We love hearing how wonderful your trip to Club Med Punta Cana was! It's fantastic that your little boy enjoyed the Mini Club so much. We hope you and your family come back and vacation with us again soon!