First experience with Club Med and second time at an all inclusive. All in all experience was very good. Great location, great atmosphere, friendly staff, good food...
However at arrival and after a 12 hour trip, we had to wait quite a long time to get our room, which was not very pleasant. I complained and they tried to speed it up. We were assigned a room a bit far from the swimming pool, the beach and the reception and, traveling with a two year old and a five year old it was not what I expected. I complained once again and managed to get a room exactly where I wanted but only to be available 48 hours later (I have to thank Joel at reception for that). Once we moved and settled in the new room, vacation really started and we could relax and enjoy ourselves.
The GOS do a very good job mainly considering that they work from 8.00 AM to 12.00 AM and are absolutely fantastic with the children (special thanks to Martin, Nadesh, Lauren at the Petit Club).
We did not try the excursion provided but rented out a boat a couple of hours to see the coast and go snorkeling. We liked it but the prices are completely mad. They are fixed by Club Med and either you take it or leave it.
The local employees are nice and friendly, specially at the beach bar/resto Altagracia with her beautiful smile and kindness. Also Leo at the same spot was wonderful: friendly, efficient, super!
Thanks a lot to everyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Dominican Republic in this all-inclusive family resort, designed over a long white-sand beach, considered to be the finest in the world. Travel to Club Med Punta Cana with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in this resort which flourishes beside a lagoon surrounded by magnificent grove of coconut palms. Fun moments filled with memories await your kids at Club Med world-famous children's clubs with dedicated activities and sports for children and teenagers from morning to evening, for each age group, and all coordinated by qualified and enthusiastic professionals. This newly redesigned resort has something for everyone, with amenities such as: Baby Club Med™*, a new Spa* with private pool access, exclusive private Oceanfront Family Suites, new dedicated programs for Mini Club Med™ including Le Petit Tennis(R), circus school and Baby Gym(R), Passworld for teens, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Club Med
- Club Med Dominican Republic