10,585 results
All reviewsmini clubkids clubpetit clubhispaniola restaurantcircus teamchef de villagezen poolflying trapezecrazy signsthe white chocolate breadindigo barla cavecouscous teamtrident spacetennis teamtiara suitestiara section
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My family vacationed here twice- in 2004 and 2011. We have NEVER gone somewhere twice, but we loved this club med so much we had to go back. We have stayed at other club meds and travelled to the Caribbean before, but we liked Punta Cana the best. Vacation is supposed to be relaxing, right? This place is paradise. The service at club meds is unparalleled. The food is amazing- better than you can possibly expect. I did water aerobics every morning to work off all the good food I ate. Kayaking in the ocean was tons of fun, I did it three times for hours, it was great. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable. I really cannot say enough good things about this place. In 2004 my brothers were in middle school and they still talk about how much fun they had. And even though it is very kid-friendly, as an adult I was never bothered by the kids there.

Room Tip: The rooms are kind of spread out, but all are well located to the pool, beach, and restaurant. Even if you have to stay at the far end, it is right next to their second restaurant, which I enjoyed eating at more than the main one.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Dear Dana B,
Thank you for taking the time to review our Punta Cana resort! We’re so happy you decided to come back for a second visit! It sounds like you had a great time kayaking and enjoying all that our resort has to offer! Thank you again, and we truly value all of your comments! We hope you’ll come back and see us again!

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Thank you to everyone at Club Med Punta Cana who made our trip so enjoyable.
I really think it's the amazing staff that makes this resort stand out from many others.

Vincent and Ann at the concierge - they couldn't have done anymore for us - continually checking up on us to ensure we were enjoying our stay, always able us to get us what we needed and always with a smile on their faces, no matter how many requests came at them !

CHRISTIAN in the kids club - what an amzing human being. The 4 kids in our traveling party couldn't get enough of him. Kind, generous, thoughtful, fun - taking special time to make sure every child was enjoying themselves - if there is any way to increase his job responsibilites I am sure he would do everything you expected and then some - what an extremly hard worker as well as being so thoughtful to each and every child. He's an employee you should keep your eye out for - what a great ambassador for Club Med !

Castillo in the trident 5 suites. He couldn't do enough for us and always with a smile on his face - he treats the trident 5 guests like they are kings/queens. Thank you Castillo, one day someone needs to sit you down and serve you for the day !

Leo at the restauarant near the Trident 5 suites - always had a table for us every night and was the hardest worker in that restaurant..never stopped moving - always made guests his first priority if he was in the middle of cleaning or moving tables etc.,

Daphne, Erica, Jue Jue, Lucien, Lionel - more amazing, fun leaders at the kids club - our kids love you all. Thank you for treating them so well !

Manny and Henri at the trapeze - you guys have the patience of saints teaching the kids (and adults!) how to do the trapeze day after day. You belong in cirque de soleil yourselves, you are so incredibly talented !! Also to wren, attila and miguel at trapeze, you were so kind to our kids.

The bartenders at the trident 5 suites - Deyanaris - you are a wonderful woman - so kind and generous and full of joy, thanks you for making such great drinks and for being such a wonderful person - you can tell you love your job ! Also to Bill at the bar - thank you for doing such a great job. .

Braedus at the Trident swimming pool was wonderfull with the kids - playing with them and making them laugh !

Thanks overall to everyone at Club Med in punta Cana - the only thing you need to change is you need to get a blender for blending drinks at the Trident 5 bar. You can get frozen drinks at every bar wtih the exception of trident 5 bar - it's a long way to walk for a frozen pina colada !

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Dear Vacation419,
Wow! We’re so happy to hear about your excellent vacation at our Punta Cana resort! It sounds like our staff was a huge part in making your vacation enjoyable, and we’re so excited to hear that, as we pride ourselves on having a friendly and helpful staff! We’re glad that you enjoyed all of our wonderful amenities, such as the kid’s clubs, trapeze, and so much more! We will be sure to pass on all of your wonderful comments. Thank you again for taking the time to review our resort! We hope you come back to visit very soon!

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I had travelled several times to Club Med as a child with my family, and this year, with 3 little ones of our own, my wife and I made plans to come back to Club Med Punta Cana for 10 days. We were at Punta Cana from March 31 through April 10.

First, I'll say that it was one of the best vacations I've ever experienced -- we had the kind of time where we were almost in tears to have to leave, and are all bummed out to be back to reality.

Accommodations:
The rooms aren't luxurious -- they could use a little paint, and some of the doors didn't fit quite right, but the family suite was big enough for us all, and everything worked fine. We stayed in Ovando, which is right in front of the Kids club, and about a 3 minute walk to the open-air Hispaniola restaurant, the main pool/reception area, or the tennis/archery area. I can see how rooms out past the Tiara section can be a hike from the rest of the property, but I had no complaints about the walking.

The cleaning service was good if sometimes a bit inconsistent. They were in the room a few times per day, cleaning, making the beds (including picking and leaving fresh flowers from the bushes near the room in a heart on the master bed), and coming back later to turn down the beds and leave chocolates. There's a fridge in the room which was generally kept stocked with sodas, and they kept a supply of 5-6 1 liter water bottles in the room as well. They also gave us a ton of towels, which you might go though if you find yourself playing tennis twice a day..

Food:
I enjoyed the food. The two main restaurants are buffet-style, but in addition to the typical "self-serve" food from steam tables, they also had some cook-to-order stations for eggs, create your-own (pasta, pizza, mongolian BBQ, etc). Each Lunch and Dinner also has a selection of a few "chefs specialties", which are usually interesting little dishes with a little more culinary flair, and usually plated in a nicely appetizing way.

In the first example of going out-of-their-way here, a few Jewish GM's asked the chefs to help prepare a Seder for Passover, and they really went all out and prepared some traditional foods for our seder plate (including ordering Maneschevitz and Matzo for the week), and cordoned off a small section of the restaurant. Vicki (GO from israel) joined us, and may have played some part in helping to set this up as well. During our small ceremony, the Chef and CdV came by to wish us a happy holiday. Well done and definitely above-and-beyond.

On the downside in the restaurants, I think they were understaffed. While there were always empty tables, they weren't always cleaned and reset quickly, and once you sat down, it often was easier to go and fetch your own water, wine, coffee, glasses, or silverware, from the bussing stations then to wait for someone to get these for you. I think the staff there was trying hard, and they were all very polite. For example, once they mistakenly cleaned up our table when we went up to dessert -- when they realized their mistake, they were really great about resetting things quickly. But with a full house, they just seemed to need more staff to keep up with the turnover in the tables.

Weather, Pool, Beach:
The weather was pretty excellent during the first 10 days of April. We got a couple of 10 minute showers during the week, but otherwise it was mid-high 80s all week, but quite humid. Just warm enough that it was always good to jump into the pool. It was a little hot in the afternoons for Tennis, but mornings were good.

The beach is excellent -- some days had more seaweed roll in than others -- it seems to depend on the winds and tides, but awesome clear blue water, and fine beige sand. The beach area closest to the bar, volleyball court, fitness palapa, and Petanque court gets pretty crowded, but there's plenty of space (and lots of quiet) if you walk a bit away from there.

There are actually at least 4 pools on the property -- the "main" pool, a private pool for the Tiara section, and 2 smaller pools for the Mini Club. Unless you're in the Tiara section or the mini club, you'll just use the main pool, which is pretty big, and has sections around 5' (1.5M) and around 3', so there's places where kids can stand and play water-polo, and some sections where only the adults can stand.

We generally stayed away from the Pool in the morning, but there is definitely a problem with the beach chairs at the pool -- too many people drop their stuff on them in the morning, and they don't come back for hours at a time. My rule was if I didn't see shoes there, the chair was up-for-grabs. It worked for me -- sorry if I took your chair.

Another place that wasn't always perfect was the snorkeling setup: First, we found that the snorkeling shack was usually unmanned (and the snorkeling gear locked up) when we wanted to use them, generally from around 12 until 2:30. So, most of the time it was kind of a free-for-all trying pull gear out of a bucket, and a crap-shoot as to whether you'd get the size flippers you need, etc.

One time, we had a great time snorkeling, though: We saw this big, deep blue fish (with black spots) and started swimming after it. He was a fast bugger, and quickly got away from us. A minute or two later, we saw a big, green fish. As we approached it, it dawned on me that it looked just like the blue one, except green. As soon as I realized what was going on, it turned blue and shot away.

The G.Os:
What really made our stay great though were the GOs. The mini-club staff was just great -- they are incredibly fun, patient, and energetic, and the kids all had a great time and they managed to keep things in order with out it ever not being fun. I think about 75% of the mini-club staff is Haitian, but I didn't have trouble communicating with anyone, and found everyone just super-friendly and accommodating.

For the grown-ups, we had good experiences with just about every GO we met. From Josie who led us to our room, to Nelson who gave fun and helpful tennis lessons we found everyone to be friendly, outgoing, and warm. We're not demanding people, but there wasn't a request that we made that they didn't step up to.

The Trapeze and the Circus Team:
Finally, I want to point out the Circus crew. I last came to CM Punta Cana about 25 years ago, when I was maybe 12 or 13. I did all the trapeze stuff back then, and had a great time. Now, I'm older, I have your typical aches and pains of a 38 year old, and I didn't think I'd enjoy the trapeze (and I wasn't sure my shoulder would take it). On the 7th day of our trip, we went to "family trapeze time", and I gave it a shot (figuring if my shoulder acted up, I could deal with it for a couple of days). After I went up, I did the knee hang, and Wren said "you did good -- come back today at 4, and we'll get you into the catch".

So, I figured what the heck -- I came back at 4, and did the practice runs with the half-dozen or so other "regulars", and then did the catch. It was kinda like being 12 again, except the whole thing was a different kind of challenge. As I came off the net after the catch, Manny said "good job -- come back tomorrow, and we'll teach you a new trick".

Then, I became a regular -- and spent 4-6 the last few days at the circus, hanging out with the Circus team and the "regulars", who were all challenging ourselves in different ways. It was a great, fun atmosphere, with everyone encouraging each other to try to do more and meet their own challenges. I still have healing blisters on my left hand, and some scrapes on my legs -- and I don't want them to heal because that will really mean my vacation has ended.

So, I want to thank the Circus Team -- Henry, Manny, Wren and Alex for a great time, and for being my family's favorite GOs.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms near the center of the property.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve K

Dear Steve K,
Thank you so much for writing this detailed review of your time at our Punta Cana resort! We’re so happy you chose to come back to visit us after all this time! It sounds like you and your family had the vacation of a lifetime, and we’re sad that you had to leave! We’re so pleased to hear that our staff was able to accommodate your religious celebration. We think it is so awesome that you had a great time on the trapeze! We will be sure to look into all of our recommendations, as we truly value all of your comments. Safe travels and we hope you’ll come back and visit soon!

Reviewed April 16, 2012

We just returned from a week at Club Med Punta Cana and by far, the best part of the vacation was witnessing the joy our children felt at every moment. Our kids are 9, 7, and 2. By the end of our week, our 2-year-old wanted to marry his Petit Club GO, Nadege, and we would have happily agreed if our son had been just a little older. Nadege went far above and beyond, showering the kids with so much love and attention--she is really something special. Our son loved Lauren and Emmanuel in Petit Club too--they really stood out for their energy, terrific attitudes and dependability.

For us adults it was fun and relaxing too, but there are some drawbacks to the Punta Cana resort--the puzzling lack of umbrellas at the beach, the lack of designated non-smoking areas, the truly low-quality evening shows (but the kids loved participating, so we were fine with that), and the insulting prices at the boutique. The beach and the sunsets are gorgeous here. There are a lot of young families with happy kids--in fact, we didn't meet anyone on vacation who didn't have kids with them.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank globalestate

Dear globalestate
Wow! It sounds like your children made some unforgettable memories at our resort! We’re so happy to hear how much fun they had at our kid’s clubs! We’re sorry you experienced some trouble finding lounge chairs on our beaches, but we take your comments and feedback very seriously, and will make sure to look into your concerns immediately. We would like to thank you for choosing to come to Club Med for your family vacation and hope you come back soon!

Reviewed April 16, 2012

First experience with Club Med and second time at an all inclusive. All in all experience was very good. Great location, great atmosphere, friendly staff, good food...
However at arrival and after a 12 hour trip, we had to wait quite a long time to get our room, which was not very pleasant. I complained and they tried to speed it up. We were assigned a room a bit far from the swimming pool, the beach and the reception and, traveling with a two year old and a five year old it was not what I expected. I complained once again and managed to get a room exactly where I wanted but only to be available 48 hours later (I have to thank Joel at reception for that). Once we moved and settled in the new room, vacation really started and we could relax and enjoy ourselves.
The GOS do a very good job mainly considering that they work from 8.00 AM to 12.00 AM and are absolutely fantastic with the children (special thanks to Martin, Nadesh, Lauren at the Petit Club).
We did not try the excursion provided but rented out a boat a couple of hours to see the coast and go snorkeling. We liked it but the prices are completely mad. They are fixed by Club Med and either you take it or leave it.
The local employees are nice and friendly, specially at the beach bar/resto Altagracia with her beautiful smile and kindness. Also Leo at the same spot was wonderful: friendly, efficient, super!
Thanks a lot to everyone!

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor for the humidity and don't expect too much. If traveling with kids need to be located between the reception and the Restaurant La Hispaniola, don't accept going further! But even though the rooms are not top, you dont spend much inside and the beds are quite comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear pgantonpacheco,
We’re happy to hear that you had a great first experience with Club Med at our Punta Cana resort! Thank you for being understanding and allowing our staff to accommodate your requests in a a timely manner. It sounds like your children had a great time at our kid’s programs. Many thanks for taking the time to review your experience at our resort, as we truly value all of your comments and opinions. We hope you come back and visit soon!