We recently traveled to Club Med Punta Cana, and had a great time. I wanted to share some of my pro's and con's. Overall it was a very nice vacation. I traveled with my husband and 16 month old daughter
1) Kids Club - it was amazing. The flexabiliy was great. The people are very warm, caring, and organized. Some things that we didn't realize when booking is - you can just pay for exactly what days you want to put them in. You can also pay for half days. I was not aware of this until we were there, and it was to late to get a refund. We were under the assumption that you had to pay for the week as a regular daycare at home. I would still highly recommend it. It was a safe place for my daughter for play, eat lunch, and nap. While my husband and I got massages, went snorkling, and sailing.
2) They do not sell any kind of medicine. They have a doctor instead. I agree that a resort with that many children probably does need a doctor, but it was insane to force my husband to see a doctor to get a little pepto. So bring every little medicine you might need, or you will pay $200 for it.
3) I didn't get to see the regular rooms, but the deluxe rooms are not deluxe at all. They are not bad, but a few years ago we visited another resort and their deluxe rooms made these look like the holiday inn express. Not nasty, just basic.
4) I was a little apprehensive to go to a resort that only has 2 buffet restaurants (and a snack one) But I was pleasently suprised how different and nice each meal was. Also that there was always something that my 16 month old could eat.
5)This is one resort that I went to that doesn't try to get you to buy anything. no time shares! That was nice to get to relax, and not worry about saying hi to a GO. There are photographers everywhere, but you never have to buy any. We eventually started to take advantage of the photographers. If they did take a great photo you can get it on a disk for not that much money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Dominican Republic in this all-inclusive family resort, designed over a long white-sand beach, considered to be the finest in the world. Travel to Club Med Punta Cana with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in this resort which flourishes beside a lagoon surrounded by magnificent grove of coconut palms. Fun moments filled with memories await your kids at Club Med world-famous children's clubs with dedicated activities and sports for children and teenagers from morning to evening, for each age group, and all coordinated by qualified and enthusiastic professionals. This newly redesigned resort has something for everyone, with amenities such as: Baby Club Med™*, a new Spa* with private pool access, exclusive private Oceanfront Family Suites, new dedicated programs for Mini Club Med™ including Le Petit Tennis(R), circus school and Baby Gym(R), Passworld for teens, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Club Med
- Club Med Dominican Republic