This was our first Club Med experience. As new parents, we were looking for a baby-friendly hotel and we were also hoping for some R&R. We chose this hotel specifically because of their Baby Welcome Program and Baby Club. It allowed us to really enjoy our vacation as a family.
The room is spacious and we appreciated the fact that there was a separate space for baby to sleep in. It wasn't top-notch: the bed and pillows were not too comfortable.
The restaurants are good: with most all-inclusives, I'm sick of the food by the third day, with this one, we were sick of the food by the fifth. So not bad!
The activities are well organized and the GO's are great! You have to try the trapeze!!!
But the crowning jewel of this resort is the Baby Club! Our 7 month old daughter, who had never been to a daycare, LOVED it! The GO's took great care of her and gave her lots of love. I knew she was happy there because everytime we saw a Baby Club GO at the restaurant at night, she would light up when she saw them. They love babies there and it shows. Sure, some kids cry when they are dropped off in the morning but isnt it like that in every daycare. If you drop by in the middle of the day, everyone looks like they are having a blast! And the Pyjama Club is the cherry on top: allows Mommy and Daddy to have a night out! What more can you ask for? And let me just add this so you dont think I had such a great time that I can't see the flaws: two months after our return, our daughter did go to a daycare, and it was not a positive experience. As her Mom, I knew that she was not happy and thriving there as she was at Club Med. It made me miss the GOs at Club Med!!
TIP: Ask for a room close to the Baby Club because the resort is huge and you don't want to have to walk a mile just to wash your bottle at the Biberonnerie!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Dominican Republic in this all-inclusive family resort, designed over a long white-sand beach, considered to be the finest in the world. Travel to Club Med Punta Cana with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in this resort which flourishes beside a lagoon surrounded by magnificent grove of coconut palms. Fun moments filled with memories await your kids at Club Med world-famous children's clubs with dedicated activities and sports for children and teenagers from morning to evening, for each age group, and all coordinated by qualified and enthusiastic professionals. This newly redesigned resort has something for everyone, with amenities such as: Baby Club Med™*, a new Spa* with private pool access, exclusive private Oceanfront Family Suites, new dedicated programs for Mini Club Med™ including Le Petit Tennis(R), circus school and Baby Gym(R), Passworld for teens, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Club Med
- Club Med Dominican Republic