My boyfriend and I stayed Jun17-24. This resort is all around great. We had an amazing top floor ocean view room. It was very clean, as well as the grounds. The room was cleaned up daily and the fridge restocked. El Patio had great selections for breakfast and the few nights we had dinner there. We were able to try all 4 a la carte restaurants with the Japanese being our least favourite and Voltare and Pancho were the top. Krystal was so-so. The lunch buffet could definitely be better with more variety needed. The entertainment was funny for the most part. A great plus is wi-fi is available everywhere around the resort 24/7, even on the beach. The pool area was clean and we always found chairs. We are a young couple and can say this resort had a mix of age groups, I just mention this b/c of prior posts stating it was mainly seniors. We had an amazing time with RIU. Mateo was soooo helpful and friendly. The staff was awesome.
The main negative was we booked the trip through Sunwing and we will NEVER fly with them again. They are a DISGUSTING airline with no customer service. We were delayed over 12 hours when leaving and they offered no proper updates and insulted us all with a poor excuse of a 'future' travel voucher. BEWARE, apparently their Punta Cana flights are always delayed. It was RIU Macao's amazing customer service that lighted our spirits and made us happy once we arrived at their resort for check-in. Thank you RIU
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana. * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. * Within the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Punta Cana, Riu Palace Bavaro, Riu Naiboa and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu. * The Splash Water World will be opened from 1st November 2016 * 3-storey building. Colonial style architecture. * Surrounded by 30,000 m2 / 36,000 sq. yards of palm groves alongside the beach. 50 km / 31 miles from Higey. 200 m / 660 ft. from Caribbean Street. 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int'l. Airport. * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Macao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Macao Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Macao Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana
- Rui Palace Punta Cana