“Time of my life~”

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
Ranked #47 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I came to the Dominican for the first time and had the most amazing vacation! I have been to Mexico several times and St. Martin and neither compares to the warmth and care that I have received on this vacation. If you are looking for a place to go that has everything, this is definitely the place. The food is wonderful and the drinks never stop coming.
Tony could not do enough for us in the World Cafe and made us feel like royalty.
Clemente was the best bar tender in the lobby and Egilio was amazing at the pool, what a smile he has!
The entertainment staff keeps you smiling all day. Cudos to Capuchino, Franklin, Gasolina, Beauty and Elvis! You guys made my vacation the best ever!
Also, stop by to visit Louis Alberto at the Water Sports Centre for a scub lesson.
The rooms were also kept very clean, and if anything was missed, they were right back to fix it
In all, I would say that I have absolutely nothing negative to say about my time her at Dreams!
Thanks to all!

Room Tip: We had a garden view room which was very nice. I did not get a chance to view any of the other room...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Christine E

Reviewed 18 February 2012

From the moment we arrived we were greeted by the most friendly people I have ever encountered. The grounds are immaculate and are continuously being maintained. The entertainment staff are wonderful and can't do enough to make you happy. They are always waiting to offer a smile or share a good laugh. The restaurants serve exceptional food and is always done with a smile. Night time entertainment had a great variety and there was always something for everyone. From young at heart to everyone else, they can't do enough for you here. A beautiful beach and attentive wait staff make this experience well worth the money.

Special thank you to all the entertainment staff, especially Franklin, Capucino, Gasolina, Beauty, Iliana. They are always willing to do whatever they can to make sure you are having a great time.

The restaurant staff are also amazing. Tony at the World Café went out of his way to ensure that we had the most special evening.

Everyone you encounter here is wonderful. I would recommend this resort to anyone looking to have the most amazing vacation of their lives. I couldn't have asked for more. Everything was absolutely perfect down to the very last detail.

Thank you to everyone here for making us feel so appreciated and special. You have all made this experience amazing.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tasha G
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We are in dreams now and when we arrived and got taken to our room we were a bit disappointed. The room was nice and big but had a foisty ,musty smell along with a really old tiled shower area that was in need of a good update. There were small tiles that were loose and some cracked tiles that for a 5 star hotel you wouldn't expect to be left in that condition. We asked to be moved and were moved the next day and picked a better room out of two offered. The staff here are really friendly and will do anything to help you and if you have a problem the hotel will endeavour to fix or sort it out almost immediately can not fault them.The food is really nice in the restaurants as is in the world cafe . Drinks. There isn't enough bars really with one pool bar and the lobby bar to cater for the whole hotel through the day with waitresses serving around pool also (2 per bar) , and again staff friendly and polite.not sure if some of the branded drinks are actually branded as caught bartender filling vodka absolute with cheap vodka !!. There is only one small bar for everyone in the theatre at night and drinks to be honest tasted terrible soft drinks included. Entertainment was quite good but only works on 7 day Rota so 2 week stay if gets a bit boring, but staff do do a good job and some acts are great for the kids.Overall wasn't a bad stay but won't be returning as we like to try other country's this prob is a average 4 star with great friendly staff

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank chip-chap01
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Our family (6 yo old son) just returned from a five day trip to this resort. It was amazing! From the room, to the grounds, to the staff, to the food, the activities..Everything. I too like another reviewer was freaked out by negative reviews- I almost canceled. I am so glad that we did not. We thoroughly enjoyed our trip. It is the perfect size resort- not too big not too small. The pool is stunning as is the beach. The sand is soft and white. We did all kinds of activities- horseback riding, boating, rafting, volleyball. The shows at night were incredible. The food was way better than expected as was the room. Loved it!! Oh- It was very international- people from all over which we loved too.

Room Tip: we did the preferred club but the other rooms looked great too
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Debra T
Reviewed 17 February 2012

First let me start by saying that I read the reviews on this site before going, and had a few reservations at the point. Upon our arrival to Dreams, these were laid to rest. I have never met such warm and caring people. They work extremely hard to ensure your stay is a memorable one. Our room was in building #1 and we were on the ground floor. Excellent location as we were able to watch the nightly entertainment in the courtyard from our terrace. Beautiful music and dancing and a great way to end the day.
Now, the food. We ate the majority of our meals from the World Cafe and were not disappointed. There is something for everyone there, and George, our waiter, was exceptional.Apart from 2 day trips, we spent the days at the beach. Beautiful is all I can say. Jose' Manuel (our beach bar waiter) was extremely warm and polite. To the people who commented about the seaweed---my god, it is the ocean. Get over it. If you don't like it, stay at the pool.
There is something for all age groups at this beautiful resort. It was great to see the kids enjoying organized events on a daily basis. Hats off to the Explorers club!
The warmth and friendliness of the people is something we could all learn from. Not once did we meet any of the employees there without receiving a big smile and an "Hola".
Our room was clean, comfortable and well maintained on a daily basis, and the nightly turn down service was a welcome treat.
Your vacation will be what you make of it. If you go with a negative attitude, you will have a negative experience.
If you go with an open mind, you will have a wonderful experience.
Shout outs to George, Jose' Manuel, Gasolina and LA. Thank you for making our vacation so memorable.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Brenda B
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I don't think I wasn't "allowing myself to be happy" as one of the reviewers put it. In fact, I was trying really hard to just let things go and relax, but even though we've had a few great trips to various islands in the past, it just wasn't going to happen for us this time. I'm really not that fussy of a traveller -- I do enjoy experiences outside my country & don't expect or even want things to be perfect (whatever that means). A few things were good, which is why I didn't give this hotel a "terrible" rating Food was pretty good (enjoyed World Cafe alot), the beach was fine (a little rough to the south of the property), the workout room was adequate, and the spa was nice. However, the first room we were in was kind of strange: very dark with just a few lights, kind of smelled of sewage/septic tanks (understandable given that the island is probably on a septic system), but the strangest thing was that it had an opening (!) from the bathroom into the rest of the room that was closed only by shutters. I was definitely not looking forward to a week of sharing each other's bathroom noises and smells since the shutters didn't close very well at all, plus they were after all, shutters with slats in them, As other reviewers have said, this is not really what I would have expected from a 6-Apple resort. We did change rooms after the first night to a pretty nice room with two bathrooms (yay!), and it was very spacious and bright. It still had that septic smell (my husband kept adding water to the drain in the bathroom which definitely helped alleviate it), but it was really a pretty nice room. The only other things I would warn anyone about is that there is no food except hamburgers and room service available from 4:00 - 6:30, and there was some type of shellfish in the minestrone soup in the Seaside Cafe. I'm slightly allergic to it, so I could feel the effects without being too badly bothered by it, but if anyone is really allergic, that could be bad! As for the rest of our experience there, I don't know quite where to start. I have travelled fairly extensively, so that is not the problem here, but I have never been in a noisier hotel except maybe in Anderson, Indiana when I was unfortunate enough to have booked a room the same night that a church youth group was there. However, in the case of Dreams Palm Beach, I'm not talking about random patron and customer noise: that type of noise is unavoidable and very hard to control. What I am talking about really loud music from beach parties and weddings that go on until much later and much more often than the staff will tell you, and right on the Preferred Club Beach. If this type of noise doesn't bother you, then more power to you, but it is the one thing that drives me crazy, and we had a room right on the corner & right next to the beach, so that music was really loud. Unfortunately for me, I am a classically-trained musician, so this type of noise drives me to distraction. The noise itself was bad enough, but that was only part of the problem. The second part was that the management and staff would just lie to me when I would ask anything about it. First they would lie to me about what time it would end, and then the Rooms Division Manager, Marco Pena, just lied to my face that there would be no more parties after the horribly loud Sunday night one. We definitely would have changed rooms again, but the management and staff here just didn't seem to be able to tell us the truth. I have never, ever, ever had this kind of trouble with hotel management & staff. After having been assured there would be no more parties that week after Sunday night's out and out mega-blasting music, the fireworks from the convention's beach party on Monday night woke us up, and then there was a wedding on Tuesday night , also with loud music. I called the Preferred Club Office to find out when this might be stopping, and asked for Isabel Rueda (I had been told I was supposed to come to her with any problems). They told me she had gone home for the day, but said the music would end about 10 or 10:15. I must admit I had a minor meltdown in the Preferred Club Office on Tuesday night at 10:30 after being told by Isabel herself (who apparently had miraculously reappeared) that "this wasn't a party, it was a wedding. Besides, it's been scheduled for a year and a half." Well then, Marco should have known about it and told me, "Yes, there are a few more events this week. If you are concerned about a quiet room, you need to move." That I could have dealt with, and knowing when the music will end would have also been helpful. The two nights that we had the really loud music, of course I called to find out when it would be stopping. It was the same thing both times, "Oh, 10 or 10:15," and then 10:30 would roll around and they music was as loud as ever. They all knew that these events were scheduled to go on until 11 -- why couldn't they just tell me the truth? At least then I could have either taken a nice long bubble bath or perhaps left my room and come back when it was over instead of waiting there thinking it was going to end soon so I could get some rest. I don't expect everything to be perfectly quiet all the time, but I do expect HONESTY so I know what I'm dealing with. So, on Wednesday morning, after a very restless Tuesday night, someone called our room at 8:30 am to tell us we had to meet with the management at 11:00 by the concierge's desk. Ok, we went there at 11:00, but no one there was expecting us or even had any idea what we were talking about. Another lie, or perhaps a miscommunication, but at that point I do think it was intentional. That morning, after many fruitless conversations with various lower management and several phone calls on our part back to the States trying to get someone to help us, we were told we had to leave the hotel. They were sending us somewhere else. We were escorted by Isabel and, I believe, a security guard back to our room to pack up immediately. That was a surreal experience. Then of course, they sent us to the wrong hotel, so that was another wasted afternoon, but then we finally ended up at the Zoetry Agua, a small "Preferred Boutique" hotel way up north, which we really loved. It was different, probably not for everyone, but the beaches were lovely, the management was very nice, and the place was QUIET! Like I said, I know I am somewhat unusual in my musical tastes, and if this sort of thing doesn't bother you, then it's a decent hotel, but probably not 6 Apples, perhaps 3 or 4. I just wish that the management had seen fit to tell us the truth -- it would have saved us a lot of trouble and aggravation. I am writing Apple and AAA to ask for a partial refund.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deb C
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We have been there in 2011, 2 adults and 1 baby, in june.We payed a very good price, the hotel was renovated in 2009, everything was new, very nice hotel, very good food and services.The location is close to the airport, very very nice beach, very clean pools, no stones in the water.We fall in love !
After this stay, our plan is to see all Dreams Resort, we just came back from Dreams Punta Cana, also 5 * plus.

Room Tip: first floor
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family