“Don't eat the fish”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Whitehall, Pennsylvania
“Don't eat the fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

Overall the resorts size, food, restaurants, and entertainment was very good. Gasolina by far was the funiest of the entertainers. He seemed to never leave the resort. All of the nightly shows were decent with the exception of the illusionist. He mae the crowd dissapear from the hall quite fast.
The Prefered club had it's pros and cons. The management of the the Prefered club including all of their staff were wonderful. All of the daytime and eveing snacks and food were very good. The free internet station was convienent and made my son's week. We stayed in building 5 which was a great location because it was right against the beach. Even though we had a tropcal view (aka the pools) I liked the fact that we were not around the PC pool. Kinda stuffy morgue like atmospher great if thats what you looking for in your stay.
With the resort being small enough it was quite simple to walk around the entire place in no time. Dined at all the restaurants, enjoyed both the Italian and Asian best. Be warned every body else reads the reviews also so figure on waiting for a hibatchi table if you'e not there at 6pm opening.
The World Cafe's food selections for all 3 meals was very nice and Coco's very nice if you were going on an excursion first thing in the AM.
The grounds were kept increditably nice and we had no problems with the room staff. Only thing I would have a complaint about is not enough closet space for clothes. Didn't like living out of suitcase for the price. Beach was very clean also.
I plus many others did get sick that week and decided it was the Mahi Mahi. But overall myself and the family enjoyed the resort.

5 Thank Guidosarduce

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,709)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Long Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I have been vacationing a long time and I never thought I´d go back to the same resort more than once, but here we are at the Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana for the third year in a row.. This resort has it all.. From great entertainment, to great food and accomodations all in a beatiful scenic setting.
Let me start with the entertainment team Usher, Gasolina, Cappucino, Luira, Illeana, and Beauty,they are the best hosts. They get you involved in activities without pushing you. They make you feel at home and as if you are partying with friends in a comfortable setting. They are the best and have always made our vacations memorable.
The explorers club I never thought I would leave my daughteer,now 5 years old, with anyone outside of family, However she is right at home at the explorers club. She is well supervised by the staff, Awilda and Patty, and they are great with kids and keep them happy, fed and safe. You are supplied a cell phone in the event of anything. you can call to check in on the kids or they can call you in the event your child needs you. I wouldn´t leave her anywhere else but here. Awilda , my daughter loves you.
Finally the resort.. The best thing about the resort is it´s size. It is not a mega resort.. It is a comfortable perfectly sized resort that make you feel comfortable. You can tour the whole resort in less than 10 minutes and know where everything is. You will meet people and see them on a daily basis and make friends that you´ll keep in touch with for years.We did!!!
The service is great and Jose Miguel De Jesus at the front desk is by far the best concierge I have ever met. He remembered my name after 3 years of visits. It´s not like you check in and then you never see them again. You check in and they continually check in on you!
I would highly reccomend this resort to anyone with a family that is looking to kick back relax and not have to worry about anything. This is our third visit and we are already planning number 4 for next year!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent and quiet!!!
1 Thank Ludo64
Deer Park NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

This is our 3rd vacation to Dreams Palm Beach. It is by far the best vacation ever. The resort is the perfect size. The entertainment team is the best, they keep busy with various different activities. Gasolina, Cappucino, Luira, Frankie Boy, Beauty & Usher are the best entertainment hosts. They know how to get the guests involved. The Explorers Club is great for children, Awilda and Patricia are great with the children. My 5 year old loves it. She has made so many friends. I highly recommend this to people with children who want to have a fun, relaxing vacation. We will be back next year

2 Thank Elena S
punta cana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

We went to Dreams Palm Beach for our honeymoon, and had an EXCELLENTE time!!! The food, beaches, and rooms were great! The entertainment team was awesome, especially Frankie Boy, Beauty, and Iliana!!!! There was never a dull moment!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jana c
Harrisburg, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

This was by far the best vacation my family has ever taken. Upon arrival we were greated with drinks and wet towels. We were upgraded to bigger rooms and we were closest to the ocean and right beside thee pool. Our rooms were very clean and inviting. The food was Excellente and so was the service. There was always someone around to get us a drink and there was always something fun gooing on to entertain our children and ourselves. The best part of our trip was the entertainment staff. We will be going back just to see them. They kept us busy and laughing and made us feel very welcome. I have to mention Frankie for making sure we were always happy and for getting the group together to sing happy birthday to our 13yr. old son. Gasolina made me laugh everytime he was around, I love the donkey sound he makes. Iliana was always smiling and made sure everyone was having a good time. Capachino and Elvie and all the other Entertainment team were just awesome and fun. They seem like they love their jobs. Much thanks to Julio and his boat driver Beto who made sure we got all of our watersports activities in. He was always around for questions and for giving you a high five. Just a great all around fun and realxing place to be. I miss it already and cannot wait to go back. I have NO COMPLAINTS!

Room Tip: We were on the bottom floor and never heard a sound from anyone around us. Plus we could walk right...
2 Thank Danielle J
marlow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

We were transferred to this hotel from Majestic Colonial as there was a fire at the Majestic.There were lots of things we preffered ,it is smaller and therefore feels more homely the beds were much more comfortable the food was better the staff were much better. However this is definitely a family orientated resort too much so for us 60 ish.The constant music playing everywhere except on the beach although you could still hear this when they had dance lessons etc. I would recommend this hotel for familys and young people but we will be going to adults only next time!

Room Tip: I dont think ther would be a problem anywhere on this resort we were happy with block 2
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mayMarlow
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I just got back on Monday from The Dreams Palm Beach with a wedding group that I had booked (Travel agent). I can honestly say this hotel is a solid 4 star. Below I will outline the "Good" and than some of the things that need to be addressed to keep people coming back.

GOOD:

- Great size resort, can get around the whole resort on foot in 5-10 minutes.

- Fantastic customer service (I spilled a drink on my sheets, and called for new sheets at midnight and they arrived within 15 minutes!)

- Amazing a la carte restaurants - our group consensus was French was the best. Would say probably best a la carte restaurants I have been to at an All-Inclusive. (Though I will say, I wasn't I huge fan of the buffet - and have had better at other resorts)

- Wedding set up was beautiful, a great hotel for weddings - all the locations were nice (beach gazebo, regular gazebo, and set up on the beach)

- Clean resort

- Fruit Bar - Had a fruit bar set up near the pool (Watermelon, oranges on sticks...great to stay hydrated!)

- Beach was very nice, not over crowded at any point, can always get a chair and a sunshade!

- Nice area of Punta Cana - not on the main hotel strip with many jam packed resorts, situated on a strip with only a couple of hotels.

- Close to airport (30 minutes at max!)

- Spacious rooms, and nice decor.

- Large pools

- Pool and Beach drink service was good

- Great shampoo, body wash and lotion. ( I love not having to bring my own, and especially loved the quality of the spampoo, lotion, body wash.)

- Great entertainment, the trapeze show was the best show.

- Didn't have to make reservations in advance for a la cartes

- Loved the coffee shop - great treats and really good coffee

NEEDS IMPROVEMENT:

- Rooms need improvement to keep this resort at the price point they want to stay at.

Truthfully, I have traveled extensively to other chains and comparing rooms - this resort falls short in the room maintenance, and is missing a couple of needed things.

Yes the decor is beautiful, and when brand new was probably amazing, and rooms are spacious - but it is starting to fall apart. Examples of this are; Sloppy re-painting (paint on tile in shower), a lot of moldy grout on floor tiles, and on bottom of shower tiles, soap scum left behind on glass shower closure, many chips in tiles, scratched up mirror. Beds are starting to sag, a couple of people in the group including myself had back pain while trying to sleep.

Also, one of my group members actually fell in the shower - she grabbed the bar in the shower and it came right out of the wall and she fell and hit her head. Luckily she was fine, but they need to be checking the fixtures to make sure they are sturdy. Many people in my group had cold showers at dinner time and commented on re-occuring wet floors after having showers.

Room is lacking some obvious things like extra drawer space - room has only 2 drawers to put clothing, my entire group commented on that, and stated they were living out of their suitcase.

Room does not have a towel rack, so we hung our hand towel on a mirror, sounds petty to note - but again a lot of people in my group commented on that.

Room only has one hook to hang anything (our clothing line in shower was broken), and they do not have a rack outside on the balcony, as they do not want you to hang things on your balcony. Recommend the preferred club room - was basically the same but in much better condition.

- Beach grill - I don't eat a lot of meat, and the beach grill had hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, french fries, and natchos - that's it. They need to have some vegetarian options, and fresh healthy dishes. So for lunch a couple of days I ate just french fries with mayo, or just natchos...it was either that or dry off and put closes on to walk to the buffet...when you are swimming, the last thing you want to do is dry off and get covered to go eat something. If I had Preferred Club, I could of used the beach restaurant and ate like a queen for lunch.

Basically to sum it up, my trip was enjoyable. Though I shouldn't have to feel as if I should pay for preferred club to get a nice room or to be able to eat good at lunch. Yes preferred club should have extras for sure like better room location and free wi-fi, etc like they offer - but I shouldn't have to feel like Preferred club got a better vacation in regards to eating at lunch and room maintenance because they purchased the preferred club. If these couple of negatives are corrected, the resort stands to be a 5 star!

Room Tip: I had building #2, and would say it was great location, close to everything. Recommend Preferred Clu...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends