Overall the resorts size, food, restaurants, and entertainment was very good. Gasolina by far was the funiest of the entertainers. He seemed to never leave the resort. All of the nightly shows were decent with the exception of the illusionist. He mae the crowd dissapear from the hall quite fast.
The Prefered club had it's pros and cons. The management of the the Prefered club including all of their staff were wonderful. All of the daytime and eveing snacks and food were very good. The free internet station was convienent and made my son's week. We stayed in building 5 which was a great location because it was right against the beach. Even though we had a tropcal view (aka the pools) I liked the fact that we were not around the PC pool. Kinda stuffy morgue like atmospher great if thats what you looking for in your stay.
With the resort being small enough it was quite simple to walk around the entire place in no time. Dined at all the restaurants, enjoyed both the Italian and Asian best. Be warned every body else reads the reviews also so figure on waiting for a hibatchi table if you'e not there at 6pm opening.
The World Cafe's food selections for all 3 meals was very nice and Coco's very nice if you were going on an excursion first thing in the AM.
The grounds were kept increditably nice and we had no problems with the room staff. Only thing I would have a complaint about is not enough closet space for clothes. Didn't like living out of suitcase for the price. Beach was very clean also.
I plus many others did get sick that week and decided it was the Mahi Mahi. But overall myself and the family enjoyed the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro