“amazing wedding and vacation experience!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
Ranked #21 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York, New York, United States
“amazing wedding and vacation experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

We recently had our wedding here with 70+ guests and I must say that I have no regrets whatsoever in choosing this hotel. The wedding planner (Scarlet) was on point with all of our needs and desires and the beach wedding turned out to be the wedding my partner and I always dreamed of. The staff (e.g. Pedro diaz from preferred club) were attentive to details making sure you're satisfied with each and every minute and activity you do there. I must also say that their kid's club was great and this was really important for us since I was taking along my 6 yr old and most of our guests had kids. They took care of our kids and kept them busy with fun activities throughout the day and into the evening (if need be). They even made sure the kids were fed and showered, thus...kuddos to the kids club staff (special mention: Awilda) as my 6 yr old didn't want to spend time with us at all but instead chose to stay with you guys!!

Moreover, the food was great, especially since there's a wide variety of options to choose from (general buffet and also Asian, Mexican, Italian, French high-end restaurants that provide a spectrum ranging from romantic ambiance to the good ol' fashioned family style dinning).

In addition, a lot, and I mean a lot of our wedding guests were complimenting our wedding and the hotel and that simply put a smile in my face and my wive's as well.

Last but not least, the onsite photography and videography group (Tropical Studios-http://www.tropicalstudioonline.com/hotels/wedu.php) of photographers and videographers were simply put...excellent. They were on point with all of the wedding photography and videography and we are very satisfied with their work as it is comparable and often outshines top tier wedding photrographer's work i've seen in the mainstream.

I want to thank Dreams Palm beach and all of their staff for trully making our wedding dreams come true and highly recommend it for any type of endeavor whether it is a wedding or simply a family or couple vacation.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mauricio A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,674)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Our holiday lasted for 10 perfect days. We got more than expected: rooms were tidy and very well presented, service was excellent and the food tasty. Entertainment team made our holidays even more exited - a lot of fun during daily activities and evening shows. It was the best experience we got in the Domenican Republic - Dreams Palm Beach Hotel! Thank you Team for your great work!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Windsor Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

We arrived at airport with some problems as to where we were staying and our transfers but, Julia and Thomas helped us so much. We were tired and hot but, he got the job well done for us. We were suppose to stay at Ocean Blue but, they overbooked so we ended up at Dreams. Carolina, the concierge was awesome in getting Ocean Blue to set us up with a transfer to the airport.
Check in was a breeze, staff very welcoming and friendly!
Lots of room around the pool, lots of chairs and no hassle for towels. Get them and return them without any problems.

Florinda was so nice and made sure we had anything we needed as far as drinks go, she also got our bigger bills broken down for us. Jeffery was a great kid who cleaned up after everyone...stayed so upbeat all the time. He also always came by to say hello!

The others around the resort I would like to give a BIG shout out to because they went the EXTRA mile for us were Gasolina, Frankie and Luira!!! Thanks for making our trip a bit better!

My favorite who just couldn't do enough was Cappacino, love this guy!!! A mention to Beauty as well, worked hard to get people involved in activities.

All the staff at the bar area were quite friendly, a buck or two goes a long way with them too! Please tip, not too many did and I was astounded they didn't!!!

The rooms were spotless, not a lot of room to store items and the shower area a bit of a squeeze. Cleanliness is most important for me so...great!

The restaurants were very nice, if you wanted a change from the buffet. We had an awesome fellow at the Japanese place, his name was Norki...ask for him!!! What a show he did for us, best guy in there. Made our experience just that much better! TIP TIP TIP we can all spare a buck or two!!!
This resort had the best food in the buffet ever. We've been to Punta Cana 5x and this one had excellent food! Servers were all great! Sanitized your hands at the entrance way was a nice touch too!

So, would I go back...hell yeah! There were 3 couples, one Candian and the others were from Michigan and San Diego! We are all aged from 40 -64.

Room Tip: We don't care as long as its CLEAN
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Judy075
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Just returned from a week at Dreams Palm Beach. We were there with family for our daughters wedding. Several of us were sick at points, but that could be related to overindulging, or to forgetting to not use the tap water for brushing our teeth. The setting is awesome. There was a bit of seaweed drifting in, but it didn't affect our enjoyment of the beach. Having so many family members there with us made it even more special. There are lots of shady tiki huts on the beach and no need to hoard lounge chairs at the beach or pool.

Room Tip: Keep lots of bottled water in your room. Try the Japanese restaurant.
1 Thank Nannolaird
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

My husband and I got married here April 17th and we had 40 friends and family members join us. Honestly, I didn't hear a single complaint from anyone! They have so many weddings at this resort, but each time we mentioned this to a staff member they seemed genuinely excited for us! Actually, I am kind of sad that the days of "Oh - I'm sure it'll be okay because you're the bride" are over. haha.

This was an awesome resort for traveling with that many people because the buildings, pools, and beach are all pretty closely located and we were able to find everyone throughout the day without a problem. Also, we felt like the staff and resort itself gave us some special privileges because of the number of people we had. For example, my husband and I were upgraded for free (under their 3g promotion) to a preferred room because we had booked 10 rooms.

The rooms are modern, clean, and don't have the mildew smell many other tropical destinations do. We were on the 3rd floor and overlooked the preferred club pool, but there was a palm tree just outside to provide some privacy. Our elderly guests and guest with a baby were given first floor rooms, which was really considerate since there are no elevators. My parents booked a honeymoon suite so the family could hang out together and so I could get ready and take pictures the day of the wedding in their extra "living room" and it was beautiful. They had a huge bathroom, a separate half bath, two balconies, and a dinning room table that could seat 6.

The food was delicious, but more importantly there was a large variety of choices. At my one other previous all-inclusive I was bored with the food by the third day. We ate at the buffet for lunch almost everyday and it had some staple items, like pizza, fajitas (so good!) and cold-cuts, but many other items changed everyday. In addition, they had a "children's buffet", which was usually surrounded by middle aged men seeking fries and chicken fingers. There were five other a la cart restaurants: Italian, French, Seaside Grill, Japanese and Mexican. They all had food that you would expect if you were walking into that type of restaurant in your home town. For example, the french restaurant had incredible creme brule. We had different types of steak, shrimp, or lobster almost every night. Lastly, because this resort has so many weddings and other events that have separate dinners throughout the resort, we never had much of a wait for getting into any of the restaurants, with the exception of the Japanese.

The entertainment and activities were all really fun. During the day there must be 10 or 15 different activities offered, of these 4 or 5 change everyday. I was really happy the staff didn't push too much to get us to play volleyball or aerobics since I'm not crazy about doing stuff like that. But we did go to a cocktail competition that was really fun and I'm glad we stumbled upon it. At night we went to a few of the shows, including the circus which had a professional circus troop. It was really incredible.

And lastly, the wedding itself. AMAZING! My wedding coordinator, Awilda, had everything under control and made everything perfect. We got married in the wedding gazebo and had our reception by the pool. Everything was beautiful and absolutely more than I had expected. i didn't stress about a single detail because the resort took care of everything.

We couldn't have been happier with our choice in resort for all 40 people. It was tricky to pick a place since you're planning the vacation of all those people for them, but I think the price point and resort luxury level were exactly the balance we were looking for and we were more than happy with everything.

Danvers
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

This resort was so great - the restaurants, food, entertainment was fantastic! The staff was amazing! Gasolina, Beauty, Frankie Boy, and Illiana (and others too!) made everything so fun with dancing and the music at the beach. They were so friendly and anytime you wanted for anything Gasolina was right there with a smile and fun song! The shows were great also, especially the cirque de soleil, it was like going to a Las vegas show outside. I would definitely recommend this hotel, it was one of the best vacations we've ever had!

Room Tip: I would recommend staying on the 2nd floor because we did see a few bugs (but that is part of going...
1 Thank Patti S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

Arrived at the resort 3 days late due to being overbooked as not booking through Apple Vacations who have priority over all over Tour Companys. When we did arrive at resort which had been booked 1 year in advance for a family of 9 to celebrate a 60th birthday the management still did not give us what we had booked. After another day living out of a suitcase the management finaly came through and we settled in to the Honeymoon Ocean Suite. From then on the Management and Staff could not do enough to make our Vacation perfect and the 60th Birthday day and night experiance was fantastic. So after a dodgy start had a fantastic celebration and holiday with the family. Just be aware that if they overbook then Apple Vacation clients take PRIORITY

• Stayed February 2012