“Strongly Discourage Staying Here!!!”

Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa
Ranked #76 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
Owen Sound, Canada
“Strongly Discourage Staying Here!!!”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We just returned from a very disappointing vacation at this resort. Things went poorly from arrival. After paying for VIP, we experienced many delays in check-in, being repeatedly told to come back in a couple of hours and our room would be ready, only to return and be sent away again (this happened twice). Eventually, the clerk admitted to accepting cash from someone for an upgrade.
Several times, we did not get the VIP service we paid for (towels etc.). We had booked rooms to be with our friends, but they were put in a different section with no apology. The staff are rude, and unresponsive to requests. When things go wrong, there is little effort made to rectify the situation or apologize for it. Our tour Rep was no help either (Air Transat Holidays - won't be using them again!). The drinks are very slow to come. There is no bottled water. On request, you only get a small glass of water.
There are many good resorts in this area to choose from, if you're considering this one, I highly reccommend you keep looking. This resort has very poor service. And like the rest of you, I work hard and want to enjoy my vacation, not get stressed out and be treated badly.
Also, noteworthy, the safes do not work here (one size fits all). One gentleman had $1400 stolen from his safe. Again, no assistance or apology from the hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank lena s
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Dear Guest:

I would like to offer my sincerely apologies for all the inconveniences and dissatisfaction that had during your stay at our hotel. Really, I regret have not received your comments before and have made my best to fulfill your request and give to you appropriates attentions.
Also, I would like to explain that we have not had any theft how the safety box deposit. Your afirmation is not true, sorry but we have to be honest with the truth. I just hope that you accept my apologize and allow to us a second opportunity to serve.

Very cordially,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We stay in the resort from Feb.24th. to Mar.2nd and got two rooms 2426 and 2421, good views near the pool.
We normally travel every year to the Caribbean, but this is the first time in Punta Cana.
Being a bit scare of going to the oldest resort in the area, we read a lot of reviews of this resort, some good and some bad.
Well, to our surprise, even when is not a five starts, it was a good choice.
Garden and ponds along the whole resort are well kept, with mature palms and trees trimmed to detail.
The area in general is clean and well organized.
Scenery is amazing and hard to find in many other hotel, wild birds, pink flamingos, even turtles around the multiple ponds.
Rooms, well...what to say, to be honest, need improvement, there are noticeable old, not to mention the dinosaur style TV, but clean spacious and comfortable.Don't forget is not a five stars.
The only down part in the rooms is the electrical system, good lord so many switches that you have to go by trial and error but after a week you get use to it and manage to learn what is what.
The pool is a bit small but in very good condition, after all, you are going to a beach resort, pools you can find in any hotel if you don't have one home, so to me it was not a major problem.
The beach was good, after all, that is what we are going for.
All the beach area is very clean and continuously cleaned, seaweed keeps coming to shore and cleaning people keeps picking up, never ending history.
Food.... Not changes required in this area, a lot of food, unless you are very picky, the food is OK you never go hungry here, plenty to choose from, in addition to it, the "a la carte restaurants" have a really good menu and service.
Drinks.... Plenty to drink, bars never goes dry, local alcoholic beverages as much as you can take, there are not International drinks ( like in Cuba) but the locals are just fine.
Activities..... Well, this is one of the best the resort can offer. If you like to do things, this is the place, dump your wife in the beach and let her enjoy of good massages and spa, while you can do activities within the resort.
Scuba Diving is good, not like Mayan Riviera, but good. Priced OK
Scubadoo....Stay away from it is a waste of money
Parasailing....Amazing views and good service. Priced OK
Catamaran....Good instructors, good condition equipment Priced OK
Ziplining........Really good experience.
Pictures.......Amazing service for pictures, resort stuff very professional good prices, good pictures no pushing.
In general, enough activities to keep you and your family busy, definitely if you get bore here is you , not the resort.
Hotel service is good, people is friendly an has good attitude, this is a plus for the resort.
Animation Team......Not so good but you can live with it, some would go after your wife or even mother in law trying to make an extra dollar, well you know....
Vendors, once a week, good strategy and good variety, but be very careful specially of the ones near the pool area, Stay Away from those, they try to sale you a necklaces value in the lobby $ 15.00 for $150.00, they brain wash you and after that they ask you for your shoes, sunglasses and even your underwear, be very careful near the pool, the rest is OK .
If someone ask me if I would return to the resort, I would say Yes .

SR-Travellers

Room Tip: Ask at the desk if you have special needs and you'll get it
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank SergioUti
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Dear Guest:

I appreciate a lot that you have written on Trip the comments concerning your experience with us. For me is great value to receive it and know that in general our services were satisfactory, that you enjoy our natural environment with birds, flamingos and fish and that our staffs were friendly and had good attitude. If you return someday, please do not hesitate contact me prior days at your arrival.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We had a great time during our stay. The down sides of the resort is it is not close to any town/city. There is not much to do at night after the evening show, as there is no dance bar on the resort and none are near. The wild birds are abundant and make for some fantastic photo. The beach is wonderful. The staff stff is friendly, and a few will go the extra mile. Anely is most like the friendliest bartender.

Room Tip: ask for a garden view to watch the wildlife.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank chukles22
Dear Guest:

It is very fascinating to read your great words and know that you had a wonderful experience, which enjoys our abundant and exciting wildlife, which the beach was majestic and the staffs were helpful and considerate. For me will be a pleasure to have you as guest again.

Best regards,
Green, Ohio
Reviewed 3 March 2012

This is my third stay stay at this resort and won't be my last. This resort is nothing fancy, but is a perfect place to relax and have a great time. The staff there is outstanding ! If you get to to know them, they are very friendly, helpful, thoughtful and go out of their way to show you a good time. My wife and I had great service the entire time, from our wonderful housekeeper (Mellissa), Bartenders (Iris,Francisco,Yilberto,Mayra,Ramone and Daniel), Restaurant staff (Wilfredo and Cesar) and Manager (Ernesto) and the rest of the staff really made our trip even more enjoyable. Our room was beautiful and had a great view from the balcony and was very private. The food at the buffet and restaurants was very good as usual. We love all of the fresh seafood and fresh fruit. Overall, we had another fantastic experience at this resort.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chadly70
Dear Guest:

Really, it is very pleasing to hear that you had your third stay at our resort and that it was another fantastic experience. I just wish thank your lovely words and for mentioning all the staff that made an excellent work doing that your time were unforgettable. I look forward to seeing you here again.

Best wish,
Halifax
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Just got back from our second trip to this resort. We stayed for 2 weeks this time and traveled with another couple and their 2 young kids. Nothing has really changed since last year. The beach is still nice and the food was always good. They have some new staff there and although I was disappointed that "Luis" was gone, "Frank The Tank" was outstanding and filled in well. One of the kids' club workers "Raisya" actually remembered our friends daughter by name and called out to her by the pool...very impressed by that.

Compared to nearby resorts, Natura Park has one of the biggest beach areas. This is great because there are lots of chairs and lots of room to "find your place". Never in 2 years did we have any issue getting chairs and we were at the beach between 9 and 10 am each day. Other resorts have lots of pools and more buildings where Natura Park has more beach and trees and natural lagoons filled with wildlife. Beware of the geese, sometimes they get ornery and will chase you :o)

The pool is very cold in the morning and the swim up bar is in the shade--so it's cold in there all day. The pool warms up as the sun hits it during the day, but it needs repair. The missing tiles from last year--are still missing. On a positive note, the pool is clean and it's great for young children as well as persons who are disabled. There is a ramp on either end for people who have difficulty using ledges or traditional stairs. The pool doesn't have stairs.

The biggest downfall was the state of the rooms and the inconsistent housekeeping. The same problem as last year, unfortunately. We hoped to see some upgrades, but nothing has been remodeled in at least 10 to 15 years and it shows. The lighting is average at best, the TV remotes (tried 2 of them) didn't work and the bathroom had horrible repairs done to the tile walls. It looks like the wall behind them was warping and the tiles were cracking due to the movement and they threw some grout on the wall and called it "fixed". 2 lights burned out above the vanity and they weren't fixed over a 4 day period. We didn't bother to call anyone as we were leaving in a few days, but we assumed the housekeeping would notice it and call maintenance. Not a huge deal, but just another thing to notice wasn't taken care of without having to ask. Some days we got 2 bottles of water, some we got 1, some days we got none. One day our towels weren't put back in the room, one day the ashtray was removed and not replaced, etc....The housekeeping doesn't seem to have any direction from their bosses. If there was a set standard for each room that was checked on, maybe this wouldn't be an issue. Some days we left cash for a tip, some days we didn't. We brought gifts and left cash for the maid last year too, and got the same results. If you go to a Hilton Hotel and stay for 3 nights, your room is always cleaned and left as according to a company standard (bed made, # of towels, floor cleaned, coffee supplies, etc...) This would be a good change for the resort to start on.

Last year during our visit there was a survey being conducted at the dinner buffet. We filled it out and submitted it. This year, strangely enough we went through another one and unfortunately suggested almost all of the same improvements that they could make.

Buffet service was slow and again, inconsistnet, at the tables. Attempts to flag people down were in vain as often they were not around. The only person who we were consistently happy with (who is from last year as well) was Yuli at the buffet. Always smiling and never had an issue finding a table for "la familia"

There are lots of activities going on all day, the Animacion Team is outstanding! Thumbs up to Frank the Tank and Raisya!!

Johnny #1 on the beach is the man to go to for ANY water sports or excursions. He will get you the best price--hands down. We witnessed some other guy charging more for Banana Boats and telling the tourist he couldn't go lower--we paid less than that tourist without the hassle.

Bernardo at the beach bar is great as well--ask for the "Bernardo Special" if you like fruity drinks...you won't be disappointed. He has a very cheerful personality as well. If the Blau Manager reads this, a second bar-tender on the beach between 1200 and 1600 would make your guests very happy.

I could do without Anely or Wander. Anely leers at the women and tries to hit them all day and Wander is just unfriendly. It seems like you are inconveniencing him by ordering a drink. Wander is ok upstairs, but maybe the beach is not what he prefers.

The front desk staff had numerous people who spoke multiple languages which is a positive change from last year. I also noticed more staff around the resort that were more engaging and liked to strike up conversations with guests, such as the gardening crew which didn't happen last year. We contacted the front desk the week before our arrival to confirm some details and all seemed fine. It took 2 days to get things figured out as NONE of the confirmed items of discussion were able to be accommodated. Kary was an amazing help to us. She went above and beyond to ensure that we had rooms nearby and that were safe. One of the kids has special needs and she was very understanding of our concerns.

If the price is outstanding, we might go back. If it gets remodeled and the hotel enacts and enforces housekeeping standards, we may go back.

All in all, I can have a good time anywhere and I certainly enjoyed my 2 weeks on the beach.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank YHZ2002
Dear Guest:

I am very grateful for the detailed inform that have wrote on Trip Advisor about the second time that passed at our resort. Please, accept my deeply apologies for any inconveniences and dissatisfied that have had. For me would have been pleasant to have the opportunity to receive this inform during your stay and have made the best to find a solution satisfactory all your requirements. Also, thank you very much for your advices; they are very useful to us and for mentioning all the staff that did an outstanding work. I just hope to have a good price to offer you some day in the future.

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 29 February 2012

am returning to this resort for the third year in a row, second with my teenage daughter. i have wriiten a review in the past but for now I think my opinion is self explainatory. Room, housekeeping, food, entertainment and animation crew all awsome! This is a cozy, welcoming resort.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank coolwhip485
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for you posts self explanatory. It is for me a great honor to know that our hotel is a cozy place, which you come back for third time and that the room, housekeeping, food and entertainment are awesome. Please, do not hesitate contact me for any help and request in the future.

Very cordially,
Toronto
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My husband and I have travelled to Dominician numerous times and this was our second time to Punta Cana. Like everyone else we read the reviews to see what others have to say but always keep an open mind when travelling. I can sincerely say that those people with the negative reviews are you sure you were at the same resort?
Not only were our rooms - as we travelled with another couple - clean but they smelt clean - walked in on the maid one day and she was scrubbing our bath tub and the next time she was wet mopping the floor.
If you wanted your bedding changed you only needed to leave the card on the bed. Both maids we had were friendly and not only that but the people working on the grounds were courteous - saying hello when you walked by. We had two workers in front of the building where we stayed and even though we could not communicate language wise - we managed and they were happy to poise for a picture. Not only were they planting and pruning the gardens, they were staining and/or painting the bridges, stairs, etc.

As for the food not everyone likes certain foods - one of our other travellers did not like fish but he always managed to find other things to eat. We found the food to be great - I have to say loved their tacos, hot dogs and hamburgers.

Overall we enjoyed our stay - would recommend it to others - and hope to go back again.

Room Tip: We paid a little extra to have our room closer to the pool/beach - we were on the main floor and ha...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jletoronto
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for yours lovely words. I am very happy to read this comments on Trip Advisor and know that you left the hotel completely satisfied, with plans to return. Also, thanks for mentioning the great work of clean that did the maid, the liking of garden workers and the good food. Please, let me know the date when you come back, I want to have specials attentions.

Best wishes,