“Beautiful Hotel”

Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa
Ranked #78 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
“Beautiful Hotel”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I went for a weekend. Beautiful landscaping, very close to the beach. The food is ok at the buffet. Besides the buffet, the hotel has three restaurants but you need reservations. As soon you check in, make your reservation for your meals as they get fully booked very fast... I got the steakhouse and the food was regular and the wine was very dissapointing. There is not internet service in the rooms; you only have access at the lobby for 25$ per day.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thedrunkbear
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for the comments on Trip Advisor. It is for me very great to hear that you passed a weekend in our hotel and that enjoyed natural environment with landscape, animals and gardens. Please accept my apologies for the dissatisfaction with the wine, but we have changed it. I just hope that someday in the future you can visit to us, again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I really liked the hotel the food was good except for the A La carte sea food this was horrible.The thing I was disappointed with was the spa. From the first day I arrived I tried to book myself and my husband a massage to no avail. 2 diiferent times they cancelled on me and than the only available hours were ridiculous. If you are wanting a massage try to book before arriving you might have better luck. The evening shows are geered more to children and there is no real disco or night life on the resort so if your plan is to be dancing every night this is not the place for you. Rooms very big and clean staff very helpful and cordial (except spa) The boats drive much to close to shore so you must stay in the designated swimming area or it could be dangerous The bouys should be moved out a little further. There is quite a bit of seeweed when you first get in the water but once you past it it is great. I would still consider this a nice vacation spot and would go back.

Room Tip: Ask for garden view corner suite.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carole644
Dear Guest:

I would like sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you may have with the service at the SPA. I will be passing a copy of yours comments to management of the SPA, because they are an outside company. Thank you for mentioning our good points, the advices and to give to us another opportunity to serve. Please, let me know the exactly date of the next visit, I wish to have special courtesies for you.

Very cordially,
Western Mass
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We really enjoyed our time (March 17-21) at Natura Park in Punta Cana. The weather was PERFECT!! The grounds are just beautiful... the lagoons filled with egrets, flamingos, herons, ducks, etc. were wonderful. The beach is beautiful and the rooms spacious, though there are a few maintenance issues... nothing major. The resort was completely filled up and a bit too crowded for our taste, but nevertheless it turned out to be a great place for our family vacation. There were very few Americans there.... many Russians, French, and other Europeans, which was interesting and fun. Europeans are much quieter than Americans, as we've learned from other trips. The food was varied and delicious. The Dominican people are warm and lovely. There is snorkeling right from the beach (just off the property at the left end as you are facing the ocean)... not a fabulous reef, but plenty of amazing fish.

We didn't enjoy the fact that even though it's all inclusive, there are always staff trying to sell you extra trips, photographs, etc., but overall, I would definitely recommend this resort!

Room Tip: The rooms themselves are very quiet... thick concrete walls.... so unless you're right near the...
Dear Guest:

It is for me very satisfactory to know that you and your family enjoyed your holidays in our resort, that the grounds were wonderful, the beach lovely, the rooms spacious, the food delicious and the personal warm-hearted. Thank you for recommending to us and I beg apology for any inconvenience with the external vendors. If you some day in the future decide to return, please do not hesitate contact me.

STRATHROY
Reviewed 26 March 2012

My friend and I planned a last minute trip during reading week ( Feb25th) this year and we decided to go to Punta Cana. Our travel agent recommended The Blau Natura Park and we have to say...she was so right! It's a beautiful resort, not alot of walking to get to the beach from the lobby or anywhere else on the property. The pool is a tad small, however for us that didn't matter. The food was excellent! The animation team put on great shows every night and were poolside every afternoon. The week we were down there it was extremely windy but that was no fault of the resort. We did a couple of excursions, one we enjoyed very much and the other one not so much. We rented quads for a few hours and it ended up being just us girls with a tour guide. At first the tour guide was unsure about our skills but within a few moments he soon got the picture. After that we were blasting around island like no tomorrow. It was the greatest 3 hrs! Next excursion was the " safari " tour. For the most part, it was ok, however there was some parts that were just terrible. I don't recommend wasting money on this. I've heard the complaints about the beds in other reviews but I have to say, our beds were quite comfortable! Our rooms were nicely decorated and super clean. The housekeeping staff were also wonderful. My last trip prior to this one was to Cuba, and after being here I will never go back to Cuba...this place was far superior! A+++++

Room Tip: We stay in room 4140 which was right across from the pool area and about 30 steps to the beach.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank MaryAnn W
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear Guest:

It is a privilege to read on Trip Advisor yours kind comments concerning at the amazing stays that you and your friend had in February at our resort. I am satisfied to know that you were delighted with the food, the entertainment team had great activities and shows, the room was comfortable and housekeeping staff were wonderful. Also, thanks for your enjoyable flattering; I just hope to give another welcome to you someday in the near future.

Best regards,
Nova Scotia
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Nine of us, aged 12-81 went from March 13-20, 2012 through Sunwing.

Older, European style resort with about 500 rooms housed in 14, 3 story buildings - only a 5 minute walk from anything you wanted to get to. Grounds were very nice.

Rooms - A couple of styles, all with balconies or patios.
Our room had minimal airconditioning but was large and had a fan (other rooms were better we found out). The last night we had cigarette smoke coming in through the system which was not pleasant. We overlooked a service path but we didn't come to spend our whole time on the balcony deck. Some rooms had great views.
Bed was hard which was fine, and always clean - we tipped $1 a day and always had some pop, water and 2 beer in the fridge.

Locks on the doors are very old and it appeared most had been pryed at one time so spend the $24 and get the key to your room safe (should be free anyway!).

Food - there was enough at the buffet that you could spread it out over a week but we tried just about everything the first few nights and it seemed to repeat itself. There was only one night that the buffet was very bland...all in all pretty good.
We were entittled to three a' la cartes - enjoyed the seafood which was a suprise - not very busy either. Italian was the loser as a lot of it could be found in the buffet - service was so-so.
Steakhouse was disappointing but - burgers enjoyed by the kids as was the Angus steak - all others were tough. Ribs were very boney, not much meat. had a nice time, service good. They told us we had to wear long pants but after a bunch of Russians came in with tshirts and swimming shorts....
Book these meals early - we did on our first morning and only got the steakhouse for the last night.
Beach was very big and beautiful but, as others say, get out first thing (0700) to stake out your chairs and shade - same as pool. Nice reef you could snorkel at just to the left of our resort (no hotels that direction) but all the tour boats drive close to shore (and our swimming area) as if to scare you away and pay $25 bucks to get on a boat with them. Keep your towels unless you know for sure towel guy will give you some.
Staff was decent, we tipped buffet and bar folks and got more than we could drinl although wine was awful (cheap Spainish stuff) - white was medium and red was alway cold. $15-25 got a good bottle, the only stuff you paid for. Ask the bartender for premium rum and you will get it.
SMOKING - allowed just about everywhere!
Entertainment OK but you had to get there early to secure seats.
TVs were old but lots of channels.
Trips - excursions - thru Sunwing we did the Country Tour which was pretty good as you got a good feel for the people. Catamaran tour - advertised 9 hours - took us 12 1/2 hours. TOO long and only one meal provided. They tried to hook us up with a shopping trip which didn't pan out so the sent us to WALMART...which was a dingy tourist trap where we thought we were going to get mugged...SHAME on LEO's staff member for doing that to us!
RUM..good rum $14-15 tops for good stuff (700ml)...anything more and you got ripped off. One of the rums we bought at WALMART was bogus.
In all, decent place and would go back if price is right but compared to a VEGAS 4 star - no, this is three star. Only 20 minutes from airport!

Room Tip: Make sure Air conditioning works, get the key for the safe ($24) - be happy!
2 Thank NovaScotiaDad
Dear Guest:

I appreciate a lot all yours reviews; they are very useful to improve each day. I beg apologies for any dissatisfaction that you have had during you stay and thanks for mentioning our favorable points. Really, I wish can offer you a good price and thus have as repeater guest some day in the future.

Very cordially,
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2012

For a third time we had wonderful stay in Natura Park. The staff at the reception desk recognized us and we were given two nice adjoined rooms with gorgeous views of the pool and of the ocean, partially. Thanks!
Why do we keep coming back?
The resort has an amazing beach with a snorkeling close by. We love the picaresque long walks. To the left, there are no resorts but only miles of gorgeous beach until the Barceló resorts. In order to the right, there is the 5 star Dream Palm Beach, Be Live resorts, the marina, Marinarium, a long undeveloped beach and Catalonia.
Natura Park’s mature, lush gardens include lots of scenic and tropical views with many bridges, ponds with deferent birds, fish and turtles.
The resort is small and compact, with everything very close by. The design of the resort allows access to the main building without going outside in case of rain. We really love that the restaurants and buffets don’t have walls, and everything is open. This adds to the tropical feeling.
The food is great, fresh and there was always plenty to choose from. We have never been hungry or sick.
The people working there are wonderful, cheerful, and eager to help. Tip or not, the service is great.
The swimming pool is beautiful, and has a free shape with swim up bar and an island in the middle with a palm tree.
This is an older resort but it has been well taken care of, and is not true they don’t do anything to keep it in good shape. I saw fresh paint here and there, and last time they were installing new fridges which are always fully stocked. There are new loungers on the beach and swimming pool.
The sport center on the beach has more kayaks and new catamarans. Johnny #1 is a great guy to purchase a trip from.
We never had any problems with the vendors. We always stayed in busy seasons but never had to wait in lines, and everything is well organized. The resort meets our expectation. Stayed Feb.27-Mar.5.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank mdpalms
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Guest: I am very pleased to have the opportunity to read your comments and thank you very much for continuing to visit our hotel and give us the privilege of serving for third time. I greatly appreciate your kind words and hope to have another special occasion to welcome here in this Natura Park.
toronto
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We arrived via Air Transat, nice flight and good food on the plane. Cameleon club room has a dedicated selection of the buildings that were close to the pool and beach.
Rooms. Old and need renovations however everything was working and the maid did a great job cleaning it every day.
Beach. Big area of sand and palapas, need to get up very early to reserve a spot in the shade. I think that some people left their towels there all night which is the resort's fault as most resorts clean up all chairs and towels by the evening, to be fair to everyone. Lots of seaweeds but you can still swim if you walk a little deeper.
Pool. Small but enough for the number of people, not overcrowded. Seemed old however, tiles missing, needed some renovations.
Food. Very good quality and tasty however, was the same every day. One negative point was the coffee. It tastes horrible and you have to make it yourself from some instant machines that most of the time did not work. I have never seen anything like this in any other resort. This is something that they need to change urgently. The coffee that they provide in the rooms is much better, bring an insulated mug and prepare that one yourself and bring it with you. The a la crates, seafood was the best, steakhouse so so and Italian a waste of time.
Service. Most staff were friendly however there were some that were rude especially the towel guy who did not speak any English and shooed people away with his hands. I understand that it is not his fault for not having towels however he had a bad attitude, in my opinion he needs to be fired.
Entertainment was very good, they were around the pool organizing activities all the time. Nightly shows were good and fun too.
For people traveling with small kids and hoping for a kid's club, this is not the place. Kid's club was very small and not very welcoming. Staff need to organize more and better activities to invite more children. Mini disco at night was just OK.
We liked our vacation and made the best out of it however next time will be looking for a newer resort with a better kid's club.

4 Thank Eva591
Jordi2010, General Manager at Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear Guest:

Please, accept my sincerely apologies for any inconveniences or dissatisfaction that you have had during your time here. Thank you very much for mentioning the great work of the maid, the good quality of the food in the buffet, as the steak house and seafood restaurant and the funny entertainment. Also, I appreciate and value a lot your advice; they are very useful to continue improvement. Hopefully you can provide to us a second opportunity to serve.

Best wishes.