My wife and i arrived at 10:30 pm , There was no one to greet us with a cool towel or cold beverage. As we were checking in i noticed a mahine with cool drinks poured us a glass. No problem checking in however there was no one to take our bags or escort us to our room . We were told our room was down around the corner . We were on the newer side and knew what to expect as we had been to Porta plata marien. Our air was not working and had two days and two request before it was fixed. Lots of pools all over the resort some newer and cleaner tham others. Lots on chairs on the beach and lots of people forever trying to sell you cheapy cheapy , Its easy to get a seat close to the surf as this is where the vendors are hanging out. Calm beach with a little seaweed as this is the ocean. Lots of good walking and you can go a long way up thebeach beautiful . The older part of the resort is older and that is exactly the right description for it . Main buffet was hot and noisey however there was a wide variety of all foods . Tables were old and chairs very dirty . These should be replaced. As you leave or approach Windows be prepared to run the gaunalet of time share salespeople . No graciosus . We ate at Aquas a lot as it was smaller and more persoanl service. Champange for breakfast yummey . Good omeletes and brazialian at night mt favorite. My beloved liked the tapinaki show i found it hot. Deep fried ice cream is fine . Tipping is alive and well and i tip for good service . Staff works hard they deserve it. Chicken wings and smelts on the beach bar is a two minute walk . Pizza hamburgs etc here not bad just have them cook it more for you . Then we had a day of heavy rain which caused flodding all over the resort. Fun walking through two feet of dirty water . But i did as i was on vacation and we made the best of our time We met lots of great staff peolpe and familes from all over the world and this is why we love the DR . This resort had beautifull grounds and was well kept . A lot of the work is just repairing the things that have gotten old. We had fun and got a good price for this trip . We probably would not return but we like to go to differnt resorts.
My wife just informened me she really did not like the buffet .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Be Live Collection Punta Cana Hotel is an elite 5-star All Inclusive Hotel in the Dominican Republic. It is the perfect place to enjoy a vacation whether it's a couple's getaway, a family adventure, friends reunion, or guests that just need a few days of rest and relax; this resort has all the necessary facilities even Spa and Casino services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Be Live Collection Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Oasis Punta Cana
- Globalia Punta Cana Grand
- Grand Oasis Hotel Punta Cana
- Grand Oasis Bavaro
- Punta Cana Grand Oasis
- All Inclusive Punta Cana
- Oasis Punta Cana
- Gran Oasis Punta Cana