My husband and I, after extensive research, opted for this resort as our honeymoon destination. We were not disappointed. The grounds were impeccably kept, and all members of the staff were friendly and very helpful. The rooms, while showing a bit of wear were clean and met all of our needs. Our oceanview room had amazing views of the beach, and we felt as if we were secluded, all while being close to everything. Our one disappointment was the food at The Lobster House, which we ate on our first evening. As seafood lovers, we were excited about this place, and we both ordered lobster. My lobster curry was flavorful, but my husband's garlic lobster was both bland and tough. To the chef's credit, he did try to make it right by bringing more food, but it was still subpar. On the other end of the spectrum, though, was the Asian restaurant, Spice. Both the food and the service here were impeccable. Had we not eaten here on our last evening, this would have been our dining location of choice. For breakfast, I recommend the buffet at Toscana, where you can find a variety of choices, from basic breakfast staples to more exotic local dishes, like yucca and plantains. Room service is fine, though the food is pretty basic. Be sure to roam the grounds a bit and you will meet the two parrots...the red one will step onto your arm!
My one complaint is not about the resort itself...rather, it is about the tour companies that operate out of the lobby. They manage to suck up your time one morning, and though Blue was supposed to arrange our departure transportation, they failed to do so. That was fine; we opted to have the concierge arrange a private taxi for us, which is also what we did upon our arrival. Contact the resort for this, and the price is $70 one way...exactly what you would pay getting your own cab, but this way you have one waiting for you.
As for excursions, we zip lined....DO IT! It was so much fun, even though we did it in the pouring rain. Wear t-shirts and shorts that will provide a barrier between your skin and the harnesses, and wear comfy shoes that won't fall off.
Overall, this was a phenomenal trip, and we would do it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Travelocity.ca and getaroom.com so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence