Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ZenHotels.com
US$579
View deal
Traveluro
Travelocity
11,441 results
All reviews tropical suites aqua park a la carte restaurants animation team tex mex pool bar saona island buffet restaurant dominican republic kids club fantastic holiday steak spaghetti second week palm trees evening shows main buffet
Selected filters
Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

I went to this resort for 3 days it was a family get together . As soon as you enter the lobby is so hot it does not have any ventilation at all plus that they take so long to have the rooms ready i waited 3 hours and at the end i was disappointed the room had mold especifically in the bathroom even where you plug the hair dryer . The only thing i liked about the room was the AC it was working perfectly , the bed had a weird smell and the sheets were not clean i called to have them change and they didn't , and very important at least on my behalf is to have a safe there was one but u have to pay 3dollars and then go to the reception so they can give you the key , which i found so abusive i was so annoyed that i just save my stuffs in the luggage with a lock .

The food was good no complaint alot of dominican food so if you are coming outside Dominica Republic you will love it , there are two places to eat the best one is saona ( dont remenber the name that well ) the one at the left hand . Drinks are not that good overall.

If i have to base my experience on the price i will say it was ok but i will not go again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank biankiis
Aquagames, DIRECTOR S ASSISTANT at Grand Sirenis Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2016

Hello, biankiis

First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review and I’m sorry to hear you didn’t have such a good vacation staying with us. Your comments will be taken into consideration in order to improve the quality of our services.
Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you would like to discuss further or if you ever decide to come back to our resort.

Reviewed August 3, 2016

After reading many positive reviews for this resort, I booked this trip, confident that it would meet the needs of my family (2 young children). I was wrong. This is not a place to take your family. We were very disappointed with many things at the resort, as well as the service. I think one of the biggest disappointments for us was the pool. It was incredibly dirty (actual things floating in the water and the water itself was extremely cloudy). The bartenders at the swim-up bar were not pleasant. They often treated us like we were burdening them when we ordered drinks (given that we didn't swim very often in the pool, we didn't order very often). Sofia was especially rude. Because of this, we chose to spend more time at the beach. We enjoyed our time at the beach. There were always loungers available and the sand and water were fun to play in (be aware that there is a lot of seaweed…although that didn't bother us much). We found some of the employees at the resort somewhat pleasant, but for the most part they were rude or ignored us. Often times, it was difficult to get served at a bar or when we were sitting at a lobby table. I agree with the others who have said that the employees seem to cater to locals or Spanish speaking guests. The food at the buffet was edible, however, it was incredibly hot and uncomfortable in the restaurant (there are no fans!). The a la carte restaurants were okay (the Japanese was the best and the Mediterranean was not good).
Upon first glance, the rooms seemed nice, however, we quickly discovered that they were run down and dirty. We tried to stay in the room as little as possible. Our few requests for items in the room were never met (e.g., beer in the fridge, whitener and sugar for coffee). There were no clocks (be sure to bring a watch). There were very few electrical outlets and the ones that were in the room looked as though they had been altered and did not seem safe. The safe in our room broke (it took 2 days before someone came to fix it) and the cable would cut out all the time.

My kids were excited to go to the water park, however, they were quickly disappointed when we got there. It was open to the locals, which made it very crowded. The pools here were also dirty and the water slides had a age restriction of 8 (this is not unreasonable, however, I did not see this advertised when I was researching hotels). The water slides are also older than they look in the photos. It was also quite a hike from the hotel lobby, so we only went there once.

Other things you might want to consider: smoking areas seem to be everywhere, the carts that transport guests drive surprisingly fast and take precedence on the walking paths, wifi is pathetic, and while concierges and other staff say they will help you, they seldom come through on your requests. We tipped the staff as much as we could, however, this did not improve our service. Let me add that because of the service we were offered at this resort we will not return to Punta Cana to D.R, in general . We are not unreasonable people and can make the best of any situation or any resort. That being said, my husband and I did not like the rudeness we experienced and will spend our vacations where tipping actually means something… poor Dominicans my butt. Money would be better spent at locations like Jamaica or Mexico. I have friends who were going to book this resort over the Christmas break, and now are looking elsewhere…that's karma for you!

Don't go!

Room tip: Rooms were terrible
5  Thank Tom B

Hello twins92016

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations during your trip. Your comments will definitely help us improve our services.

Reviewed August 3, 2016

We went as a family of 3 ( 2 adults and 1 13 yr old) and stayed from 15/07- to the 29/07. Location and grounds are beautiful and very well tended by lots of gardeners. Time from airport about an hour. Met on arrival with a welcoming cocktail and cold towels.
Our check in was long as we had recently cancelled one of 2 rooms due to a family member not being to travel and I think this confused the system.
On first entering the room which was easy to find , it was large and spacious with 2 double beds and our air conditioning was working brilliantly. The only place in the resort which was properly air conditioned.
A good size balcony overlooking some of the gardens.
The room needs updating and some TLC. We didn't spend much time in the room so it was ok and functional. Fridge got stocked daily but did find contents changed according to how much we left as a tip. Maid did a good job.
We got given the safe complimentary but normally costs $3 a day with a $50 deposit.
Wifi cost normally $60 for 2 weeks but we got a discount and cost $49. worked well across the resort. In other countries you could swap the devices , (code was usually written down) not so here.They took the device from you and entered the code.
2 Restaurants were buffet style , large but with no air conditioning. Food was repetitive. Labels contained no allergy advice and often wrong labels out . I have coeliac disease and require a gluten free diet, having no allergy details made eating a nightmare and I don't like to choose my food in advance. I suffered badly but so did my normal diet husband and son who both still have diarrhoea too. Found there wasn't enough tongs to help in preventing contamination of the food with allergens. I was very sick one day but I have put this down to sunstroke.
There is Al Carte restaurants which require a booking. We tried Americano and the steakhouse. Both ok . We had a complimentary lobster meal on the beach. Fabulous setting and was very well looked after. My son and I didn't like the lobster but my husband did.
There is 1 massive swimming pool, Unfortunately during our stay the cleaning system broke down and the pool was dirty and had a lot of time spent cleaning it by the pool team but it did mean almost a day where we couldn't use it. A big complaint of ours was the smoking that is allowed in the pool and at the swim up pool bars, there leaflet says its not allowed but no one stopped it. Its disgusting fighting your way to the bar through the fog. Did find this remarkable as there is no lifeguards ever on duty but the security team go around blowing whistles and telling off people for wearing t-shirts in the pool. Lots of sunbeds. Never had a problem getting them.
The waterpark just outside the resort had a few slides and a pool and is covered by lifeguards. Have to say some of the slides are dangerous . My son got badly bruised , cut and shaken up and the lifeguard stood by and offered no assistance. My husband got bashed about on another slide. Saw and heard other holidaymakers with injuries and complaining too.
The beach is large with lots of sunbeds. Beach does get seaweed on but on most days there was a team trying there best to clear it.
We went on a trip to Saona Island through Thomsons and had an amazing time.
Would like to Thank Tony for his excellent customer service. Most of the staff were warm and friendly. Will go back to the Dominican Republic but maybe not this resort.

4  Thank Michelle F

Hello Michelle F

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I really appreciate it as it will help me improve the quality of our services as we are continuously working on it.
Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss these issues in more details. If you come back to Punta Cana in the future and decide to choose our resort, I will personally insure you have the best vacation at our hotel.

Reviewed August 2, 2016 via mobile

The hotel attended all my expectations about my vacation. It gives you privacy and at the same time the opportunity to meet new people if thats what your looking for. The hotel staff were exceptionally gentle and were able to make me feel at home, especially the room cleaning lady, Isaura, who was really efficient, albeit a little tardy on most days.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 705meij

Dear Mei J

First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review and I’m glad to see you enjoyed the great services of our team
Please don’t hesitate to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com for anything you might need in a future stay. It will be a pleasure to welcome you again in the Sirenis Family.

Reviewed August 2, 2016

This is our second time travelling to a Hot Destination.
Food was good- you could always find something to eat-Eddie Rodriguez was excellent - always found us a spot.
Reception was good- Had to wait for our room which is expected but would have liked to be in earlier.
Had trouble with our safe and it took maintenance 2.5 hours to come to unlock it. Beach was nice, seaweed washed up alot.
Wifi was expensive but it seemed to work most places. Power outages did occur on the Tropical Side but we did not experience this on the Cocotol Side.
Water park looked great for younger kids but for the older kids we only stayed for a couple of hours.

2  Thank Kek74

Dear Kek74

Thank you for taking the time to put in your reviews. I’m happy to hear you.
Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss further or if you decide to come back in the future and I will do my best for you to spend a great vacation.