Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$334
Excellence Resorts
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
US$327
Hotels.com
US$374
US$523
Bookit.com
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$295
Melia.com
Barcelo Bavaro Palace(Bavaro)
US$343
Barcelo.com
  • Free Breakfast
Be Live Collection Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$268
Be Live Hotels
US$561
Bookit.com
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$391
  • Free Breakfast
Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$297
BahiaPrincipe
  • Pool
9,540 results
All reviewstropical suitesjade restaurantaqua parka la carte restaurantsanimation teampool bardominican republicsaona islandbuffet restaurantlobster dinnerfantastic holidaysteaktex mextwo double bedskids clubspeed boatsecond week
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I have been to DR several times. Love the country and the people, however, I regret choosing this resort.
The worst of all, we were there with our 2 lovely daughters, both in their 20's, the male staff harassed and embarrassed them at every opportunity. Alexander asked my daughter if she had her clitoris pierced. That would have him immediately fired here at home. Let alone offering to sell bottles from the bar.
The security onsite was non responsive to our request to tell the parents of 3 infants that it was not ok to leave them alone for 5 hours. Instead told us to get lost.
The weekend crowd was overwhelming. The amount of people at the buffets made it very unpleasant, no seats or no food. The snack bar had literally 2 pieces of chicken on Wednesday night. They have "personal concierges" to attend to your every need, however their real job is to sell a membership. The members have reserved seating at the show, buffets, a la cartes. We were told there was no room for us at the restaurants, after making a fuss, we got reservations but when we dined, we found the restaurants to be half empty. The pool stank of urine, never any cups at the drink stations, there were cups and dishes sitting outside the next room since the day we arrived crawling with bugs. The waterpark was closed but they posted no signs anywhere allowing families to walk (it's a long walk) all the way there to find out.
The only upsides to this resort would be Polanko and Jimmie at the bar. They were very professional and always smiling. If it were not for them, the vacation would have been a total disappointment.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kirsteen A
Aquagames, Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2018

Dear Ms Kirsteen A,

Thank you for bringing this important issue to our attention. We are deeply sorry that you experienced such an inconvenience during your stay here and invite you to kindly contact us directly at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com so that we can proceed with investigating your case.

In the mean time immediate measures will be taken.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Our travel agent suggested this resort [he is no longer my travel agent after this horrible vacation]

Arrived mid day - check-in was super fast and friendly [don't be fooled this was the only fast thing on the resort. Peroid.]

Ushered to our Junior Suite by our Concierge {Mariano - could not ask for a better more friendly and accommodating concierge, he was the only good thing about our entire vacation to Sirenis}

Settling in, in noticed there were 2 washcloths,1 bathmat and nothing else.... called down to ask for towels so we could freshen up and get a shower before checking out the resort... sure send them right up.... was frigging furious they never arrived at all that day/evening. We had to contact the concierge the next day because we still had no towels!!!! Mariano saw to it we got our towels right away thankfully. I was disgusted to know my suite was not stocked properly from the start... later I went to put a couple of my things in the night stand drawer only to find the information cards that stand upright on a table for room service and phone in the drawer, immediately made the connection... no towels,info card in the drawer, the room had been emptied but NOT cleaned.

Our room attendant was the slowest laziest and sloppiest we have ever experienced, she asked me if i wanted the sweeping done... um isn't that a part of cleaning the room? why would she ask when that is the job ? I'm still confused
we tipped her daily, don't know why, the room was never "cleaned" and I always made the bed every morning and never have anything out of place, she only had to CLEAN it not tidy that was done for her by me!!! PISSED

The food experience was the worst ever, unorganized service, no tables, line up and wait... what?? I thought we just paid $2500.00 dollars to stay here and we have to "wait" for food?!??!? The buffet food was so dry and overcooked, coolish temp also... not fit to give a dog. I'm not exaggerating, it was horrible at best!
My husband was so disappointed with ALL of the food service, breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets, the A la carte equally disappointing and running out of salad and meats

The restaurants were apparently booked yet half the time the places were half full with people and they ran out of meat at the 2 different restaurants our concierge was lucky enough to get us into.

There's no musical atmosphere throughout the whole place ... 1 crackly blasting speaker at the pool playing dated music that maybe a 20 year old stuck in 1990's would enjoy... not even local music played at all which I found surprising.

Someones earlier post mentioned the pool closed at 6pm, it certainly was closed at 6 everyday, that's just dumb IMHO and absolutely no Hot tub,Sauna or Jacuzzi anywhere

we went to the presentation and the sales rep we had named Laura was a total sweetheart...until we said not interested because the resort was a complete let down from the day we got there, I would never even rebook to go back much less become a "member"... she was bitter , rude and swiftly walked us out like we were nothing. Total ignorance.

the drinks... where do I begin*sigh... I dont really drink much alcohol but on vacation I do sip on a few... it was just like virgin drinks because for someone who doenst consume rum I should probably feel a little lightheaeded after 3-4 ... not a thing, was sober as could be. Watered down or just virgin although asked for rum....

Bottome line... the consierge Mariano and Luis & Asvaldo checking us in upon arrival at the front desk was the only good thing about this hellish resort.

Save your money, book elsewhere!!!!!!!!!!!! Save yourself the disappointment

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JennCelerian
Aquagames, Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2018

Dear Ms. Juicyjennc,

Thank you for your comments which will be taken into consideration and passed to the management in order to improve our services for you and future guests.

We are very sorry for the inconveniences you have had during your holidays with us.

Please contact me directly at my email address assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com in order to work your case more close and detailed.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Not enough tables and chairs to eat at supper time. TUI offer you alternative dinner arrangements but restaurants so full that you get told when to eat , then so overbooked we left twice after an hour of half with no food.
Breakfast was the only meal of the day for us, pleasant relaxed atmosphere with lots of choice, both with food and tables,no queues, although a bonus if you got water! For lunch we took a sandwich from breakfast. They close half the restaurants at lunch and supper, queueing for 30 mins!
The staff are unpleasant and only truely interested in selling you time shares.
The free bus service isn’t free.
There is no coffee shop.
The American diner is a very sad and well used room in need of a major refit.
Mould on bathroom wall with water running down the bedroom wall. Plug in Bath was so grim and didn’t fit so smells from the drains...../
Have complained to TUI who say sorry and look forward to my next booking.
ABTA is my next step as spending £1000 per week per person means a happy holiday.
Don’t be fooled by the pictures

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Sophie B
Aquagames, Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Dear Ms. Sophie B,

Thank you for your comments which will be taken into consideration and passed to the head management in order to improve our services for you and future guests.

On the other hand the idea of Sirenis Premium Travelers is just to offer another option for our customers to return to our resort or others along the world; they should not be forced, as it will be a waste of time for both (hotels and guest) to take to the presentation someone just because he was forced or convinced by stories like the one you describe in your letter, because this only works for people who are really interested, however, all our guests are important and the staff is pleased to serve you every day during your holidays.

We do not offer free bus on our services, the hotel does not provide transportation in or out of the hotel.

In addition, we are also disappointed to read that we fell short of your culinary expectations. At Sirenis we take great pride in providing the freshest of ingredients and creating both simple and also creative dining experiences.

Nevertheless, we do hope that despite the inconveniences you had through all your stay with us, you can give us the opportunity to welcome you again in order to have the chance to show you the real meaning of service that you expect from us.

Please receive our warmest regards.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Excelente hotel, nothing to complain about, impeccable facilities, clean rooms, batrooms laso. Buffet, restaurants, Beach, pool. Everything is awesome in this hotel. The staff made me a very big impression. Always smiling, ready to serve. Special dedication to Ricky por take care of everything for me.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Aquagames, Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear Mrs/Mr.

It’s always a pleasure to receive great reviews as we work really hard to ensure our clients spend a great vacation t. I will definitely pass on your comments to Mr Ricky as I’m sure he will be so happy to hear that. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel.

We hope to host you one more time as our guest

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Where do I start. Arriving at the resort at 3 am and no bell boys to help with luggage to waiting for 15 minutes at check in for someone to show up to check us in. Was originally booked for the Cocostal side and it was an absolute disgrace. I would not let my dog sleep in the room. Paid an additional $300 to move to a room on the Tropical side. Krandall was great at checking in on us when we had an issue in our room that required us to move to a handicapped room as one was not available when we moved the following day. The Cocostal side is far from a 4 star hotel. Lots of loungers and umbrellas for shade but no wait staff to get your drinks. This certainly was not the best vacation I have had. This was my 7th trip to Dominican and it was the worst right from the start. When you book make sure you book tropical side. The resort is large and you have to walk lots to go from your room to the front lobby to the beach. Not a good lay out at all. If you are on the Tropical side you get wifi for the week and a safe is included. In the restaurant Juana and Juan Michael were excellent.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Patchcar23

Dear Mr. Patchcar23,

First I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review, we really take it into consideration in order to improve our services. You have put a lot of useful comments in this review to really help people understand the type of resort we are.

Please allow us to inform you that our hotel Sirenis Cocotal just entered a stage of general renovation and that in the winter of this year will open with the same category as our Sirenis Tropical, becoming a Grand Sirenis.

We hope you can give us a second chance to host you in our premises.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for additional information.

Best Regards,