New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino
Ranked #23 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Watford, UK
“Cannot wait to go back again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

This was our 4th stay at the Grand Palladium Resort and our second stay in the Palace Section. We travelled with another couple and were meeting up with Canadian friends that we met two years previously.

We requested a specific villa with a sea view if possible and when checking in were happy to be in one of the villa’s we asked for. Our rooms had partial sea views so we were happy with that.

The reception staff at The Palace were as always polite and efficient and we booked in quickly.

We had a lovely bottle of rum in our room and this time we had dressing gowns and slippers which was a lovely welcome.

We went straight to the swim up bar and were so happy to see two of the regular staff from our last trip William and Janiel who greeted us like long lost family and looked after us so well for the rest of our trip as did all the other staff.

This trip we had amazing shows and food in the Japanese al a carte. We also tried the Mexican. There was only one problem…. Too much food!!!

We booked an excursion to go out on a boat which was fabulous. This was booked through one of the water centre staff.

During my stay, my dressing gown was accidentally picked up with our towels and I was worried I would need to pay for it. I reported it to reception just to let them know the cleaner had picked it up. When we got in from dinner that night there was a lovely new one laid out on the bed. Great service.

We loved the newly decorated El Bohio restaurant and ate there every day for lunch. We also used the spa a couple of times this year which was very relaxing.

I have loved this resort from the first time I came here four years ago and will be returning again in October to stay in the Punta Section again with 12 friends and we have also booked again at the Palace for next April.

Room Tip: Look at the maps available to choose a room
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Watfordweekenders

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Abingdon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

We have been going to the Grand Palladium Resort & Spa for many years (In fact when it was the Fiesta Bavaro) - sometimes twice a year. This year we are going for three weeks in November. I would like to write a review to reassure that the young girl who makes the pancakes in the Cathedral ( Natividad) is a wonderful girl. She is always smiling and very plesant, so I hope the previous writer did not mean her. I am really looking forward to seeing all the staff again (Santana,Alberich,Yessica, Natividad, Maria and many more - I miss Anna - the cheese lady now she has retired) as over the years we have become friends. I have found the staff excellent and very helpful at all times. The food in the Cathedral is excellent - Champagne for breakfast!!, caviar, smoked salmon, a great variety of international themed nights. It is great value for money £70 per day for all food & drink for 24hrs and that is including the flights from England. The Hemmingway bar is one of our favourites where there is a calm atmosphere, great branded drinks & delicous coffee. The a la carte restuarants have great menus, we haven't tried the Brazillian yet but this time we are going to give it a go! The Spanish & Japanes being our favourite. The Gym & Spa have everything you could need - I like the scales that are in the rooms to check on my weight, so I know when I have to visit the gym!! I love the bathrooms in the junior suites - double jaccuzi and all tiled in marbel..there is plenty to do and the animation team work so hard to make your holiday enjoyable. The gardens are kept beautiful by the tireless work of the gardeners who are also very friendly. The beach is the softest sand and I always gaze at it with tears in my eyes before returning home .... I cannot wait until November 2nd when we will be on our way to our favourite place!!

Room Tip: The junior suites at the Resort & Spa are lovely.
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BevAllen
Rsegarra, General Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this review, 17 September 2011
We want to thanks for this review, we are very happy to know about this experience and that year by year are positives ones...
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

I went to this hotel many times and I sent a lot of people to this hotel and they all loved their experience. Sorry for those who had bad and rude service from staff, I do not know how you treated them because it never happened to us...always friendly, polite with nice touch. I'm returning next week and I'm sure it will be a good week as the others before.

Rooms are ok, not last trend but really clean, Food...you are not in your country so you need to have an open mind and there is always something to suit your taste. With all the different restaurants on the whole site, I can not imagine that you will not find anything good.

Beach is really nice as well as the ocean. People selling stuff ...yes they might be annoying but I was polite with them and asked them not to come again and they were respectfull. Amination team..really nice and happy people from morning to night.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank msol75
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

We have been in the Grand Palladium Palace once last year, in which we where upgraded to a Royal Suite room. Well this time that did not happend. And it was quite a shock.
The room in contrast to my first experience : Was small, had no room service, it had ants, and the conditions where not as lovel as my last year : Overral : The room do is purpose which is in our case to sleep, comfortable bed, and water running hot and cold.

Food : Is lovely anywhere you go. There is variety and good taste to everything.

Entretaiment : Should be something that should not be missed, they have great shows at night, 2 shows everynight, and the club is open right after each show. There is also entretaiment each morning, if you see the POP team stay close to them because your shure going to have fun.

Everything was wonderfull, the views are amazing, so I will only point the worst things that way it wont happen to you.

1. Don't go to the market next to the hotel to the right, those haitians will rip you off. I neede it to buy a cd and they sold me one for $2 , and was all ready used. They fight between each other in order o make you go in their store, its humiliating, they should put a fence very high for this area.

2. There is a lady in the buffet that makes, crepes at nights, and smoothies in the morning, she is discusting, and rude. But she is the only dominican I know with this attitued, every one else is so special and happy.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Daphne K, Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this review, 29 August 2011
Dear Sirs,

thank you very much for your comments in Tripadvisor.

We are happy to hear that you did enjoy your second stay with us.

Upgrades are always subjet of availability and are not given automatically. But we hope that during your next stay we would have another chance for it.

Your comment about our employee responsable for the crepes is already forwarded to our F&B Management to be proved.

We hope we will be able to welcome you soon again in our facilites for another amazing vacation.

Hardeeville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

`Overall a good facility. Food was average to above average in quality, certainly plentiful. Drinks were good. Service generally good although one night in the lobby bar we sat for over an hour before a waiter approached, althought they wwre servicing other clients.

Recommend bringing your own laptop as the hotel servers were below average and had to be reset at least once for me.

Not a gambler but walked through the casino which was being renovated and was underwhelmed by what I saw.

The a la carte restaurants were above average. Sports barv was somewhat lame but has 24/7 food. Bike rentals for $5.00/day were worth it to tour the property.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank bmacnjMountLaurel_Nj
Daphne K, Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this review, 19 August 2011
Dear Sirs,

thank you very much for your review in Tripadvisor.

We are happy to hear that you did enjoy your vacation with us at the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino. All your comments we be taken very seriously and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again seeing some of your comments realized.

St Louis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

Resort was beautiful and kept very clean. There was a lot of seaweed but they had bulldozers out every morning to clean it up. Pool was great with the swim up bar. Very clean. Brazilian restaurant was our favorite. Very good food. Italian was good as well. These are the only ones we tried. The buffet was fine, on par with other buffet's. I had read that the vendors were like vultures but it wasn't as bad as I had expected. A little annoying is all. All in all a great vacation and we would definitely recommend this resort. The zip lining was fabulous and the Outback safari was outstanding as far as excursions go. If you do the Outback, request George, he will keep you laughing all day. Excellent tour.

Room Tip: We were able to get two rooms next to each other in its own little hallway. Very nice.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank KellyStLouis
Daphne K, Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this review, 16 August 2011
Dear Sirs,

we would like to thank you very much for your review and are happy to hear that you did enjoy your vacation in our property.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you soon again in on of our hotels to have another wounderfull with us.

Canada, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

My wife and me stay at The Royal Suites Turquesa since July 21st for 14 days.
I don't need a lot of words to describe it, - it was the great hotel with the great people.
Thanks a lot to The Royal Suites Turquesa staff.

I used the Air Transat as the travel agency, - this company representative in Punta Cana
Was so bad....., - she even forget to pick up us from hotel to airport!!!!
Thanks to Hotel people, they called the taxi and we were in the Airport in time.
I expect to claim this expense,

Vladimir Kaploun
August 7th, 2011

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank vladimir9793
Dear Mr. Vladimir,

thank you very much for your review in Tripadvisor regarding your stay at The Royal Suites Turquesa.

We are very happy to hear that you could enjoy your stay in our adults only resort and that we did meet your expectations with our services.

Hopefully we will have the chance to service soon again.

Wtih best regards