Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$570
US$284
  • Breakfast included
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$258
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
US$415
US$230
  • Breakfast included
Be Live Collection Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$136
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$365
US$281
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$202
BahiaPrincipe
  • Pool
US$631
US$375
HotelsClick
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$384
US$225
8,543 results
All reviewssports bara la carte restaurantsbavaro sectionpalace poolloft suitepunta cana resortpublic relationsdominican republicspanish restaurantbeautiful beachjacuzzi tubadult poolanimation teamlanguage barrierwhite sandsteakbuffet restaurant
Reviewed December 10, 2011

The ride from the airport was about 45 minutes, but we were the 5th out of 5 dropoffs.
Check in was quick, although we were the only ones arriving at the time. They gave us the hotel information in Spanish and we didn't notice until later, so we had to go back to the desk at a later time to exchange it. The bellboy was quick and efficient and gave us a quick tour of the features in the room.
Our room was in the 3000 building, close to the beach and the main lobby. We had two double beds; they were quite comfortable, but the pillows were AWFUL! They are really tiny and flat. If you're willing to dole out an extra 3 USD per night, you can select a special pillow from the "pillow menu", but I couldn't be bothered. The room was clean and our housekeeper, Cristina was fantastic! She always supplied us with clean towels, even though we hung them up and tidied the countertop for us. The building is clearly older and could use some renovating, but it seems the furniture and fixtures have been updated. The shower was the absolute worst part of our vacation... On "good" water pressure days, it barely came out. If you wanted to shower in the two hours when people usually get back from the beach (5-7pm), there was very little water pressure. Some days, there was no hot water, other days, no cold water... just ridiculous! On top of that, the shower head barely reached the tub and half the water drained behind the tub onto the ledge.
We left a generous tip and a note on the first day for the person who fills the mini-bar because we like Diet Coke instead of regular, so he continued to supply us with it thorughout our stay, but on another day we left him a note to remind him, we found it crumpled up and thrown behind the TV. So rude!
The buffets were quite good. We mixed up breakfast and buffet dinners between the Punta Cana, the Bavaro and the Palace. I preferred the other two over the Punta Cana; they were busier with higher turnover and brighter, nicer rooms. We usually went to El Arecife at the Bavaro for lunch. It's brand new, open and airy. The food is yummy and turnover is quite high, so usually fresh. All the meat and fish were really great. The pork ribs were our favourite... we had them many times!
We ate at 3 of the a la cartes and I have to say that their system is the best of any all-inclusive resort I've seen. Rather than a reservation system, you just showed up and got a pager and you could go wait in the lobby bar until a table came up. So much better than waiting in line early in the morning for a reservation! The Mexican was good, the servings were very large! The Mediterranean was also very delicious. I think the Brazilian was my favourite... all the meat was so delicious! Save room for the sides!
(I should say, however, that I did get traveller's sickness at one point... no idea what from, but wash your hands!) The hosts/hostesses squirt everyone's hands with alcohol-based hand sanitizer as we enter the dining areas, but they are very stingy with it, so I strongly suggest bringing your own and re-sanitizing after the buffet, but before you eat!
The pools were really nice, water temperature good. However, they don't advertise that there is currently construction going on at the beachside restaurant at the Punta Cana, so there is a large black construction fence blocking the view of the beach, as well as the breeze at the pool near it. The other pool, closer to the main buffet, is much busier during the day.
We spent most of our time at the beach because it was much cooler with the ocean breeze. There were plenty of palapas, as well as natural shade from palm and other trees and bushes. We were always able to find loungers and a table. The sand is so white and always walkable, no matter how hot it got.
The grounds are so beautiful... I don't think I've ever seen so many palm trees on one property! It was really great walking around all the resorts... we definitely got in enough exercise for a relaxing vacation!
The staff were mostly nice, but nothing beyond that. They certainly weren't trying to bend over backward for you like I was used to from other resorts and most of them barely spoke a word of English! They even approached you in full-blown, fast Spanish! It's a good thing I have some grasp of basic Spanish, or we would have been in trouble at times!
All in all, a pretty good relaxing vacation!

Room Tip: Most rooms have the jacuzzi tub in the main area, with the toilet and shower behind a minimal door. You can request a regular bathroom if you prefer.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank HotPinkBikini12
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Spent a couple days at the Grand Palladium Punta Cana and here are my thoughts. It is very big. It's three resorts in one (Punta Cana, Bavaro, and Palace) so unless you are really into walking you have to take the (cho cho) train from place to place. The train takes the longest route so sometimes walking is faster. If you a cute lady, you can sometime flag down a bell boy in a buggie to also take you where you need to go. The rooms are very spacious, very clean, and most have jacuzzi tubs (bring your mister bubble). The main buffet at the Punta Cana had a great variety of food. There are 8 al la cartes Trattoria Mare Nostrum, El Quijote, Bamboo, La Cantina Mariachi, El Arrecife, La Uva, Rodizio, Suptuori, cuisine ranging from Mexican to Chinese to Italian, and Japanese. We tried the Japanese restaurant where you can either eat at the sushi bar, the al la carte or the Tappenyaki show tables ... three dining experiences in one! Food was good, presentation of sushi was better than the taste and they give you A LOT. If you like leche, the leche dessert was fantastic. We also tried the Spanish restaurant. The decor is beautiful, the food was so so. Spa is gorgeous, fitness centre needs work. The equipment was dated. Entertainment is good. The BEST Michael Jackson show that I've seen so far lol (and I've seen a lot). They have two Michael's!!! The main pool at Punta Cana is huge and they have a few smaller one's also. The children's pool was amazing, I think the kids would love it. They are about to open a new kids club, so we got a sneak peep. Parents ... you may not be able to get your kids to leave. They have a rock climbing wall, zipline, indoors they have a mini theatre, nap room, little tables and flat screen tvs. It is a kids club paradise!!!! The beach is beautiful, white sand that Punta Cana is know for and plenty of space to sun. The sea was a little choppy, but that is not uncommon for Punta Cana. The staff is fantastic. Everyone has a great attitude and are ready to serve. They engage you at every moment. That is probably why we met people that have been coming back to the resort 15 and 20 times. Something has to be said for that.

Hope this helps

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
8  Thank urbantravelite
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Let me first off start with other than the one problem we had that I will discuss below, this resort was great!! We had stayed at the Riu before and a few years back we stayed at the Bavaro section of this complex. Food was great - drinks were plentiful and the service in all areas was good as well (wait staff, animation team etc) Our Westjet rep in the lobby also was quite helpful.........now for the glitch....we were there Wednesday to Wednesday. On the Sunday evening after a rainstorm we went to our room and started to get into bed, the pillow and mattress were soaked - an obvious leak in the ceiling although we could not see it coming in as the rain stopped. We left if for the night and just slept in the other bed. Monday morning I went and spoke to the Westjet rep - he said he would speak to the front desk ( and I knew he would) at this point, I was requesting new pillows, possibly a mattress depending on how they deemed the damage. Later in the day both my husband and I went up (separately) and asked again that something be done. Nothing was done I decided to leave it, as we only had a couple days left and was assuming they would have gone and assessed/repaired the leak. On Tuesday after another rain, we went to the room and at this point, we could see the rain coming in from the crack in the wall - bed was soaked, light was flickering on and off (probably not to safe). I went to the front desk and brought up the night manager and a maintenance guy just so they could see what I was talking about - at this point they asked us if we wanted to change rooms - NO since it was 1 a.m. The following day (our last day) I spoke to Westjet who had informed me that when he spoke to them on the Sunday - they assured him that they would come and speak to us about changing rooms - I let him know this was not done and we did not have a conversation with anyone. So.....would I return to this resort again? Probably. Would I do things differently and do I have have a suggestion? Yes - go and speak to management if nothing is done and ask to change rooms if there is a problem with your room.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
14  Thank fraser001
Rsegarra, General Manager at Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2011

We are very sorry about this experience, we will take this comments very seriously in order to improve our service., Thanks to write !!!

Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed at the Royal Turquesa at this resort from Nov.19-26, 2011 and had quite a few problems including poor internet, no towels for 2 days, one day without hot water, one day without cold water, broken bathroom door that took 3 days to repair. When I brought this to the attention of management they were not interested. The Chantrelle restaurant and the staff were the best part of the stay along with the beach! 5 star resort and price with 3 star amenities!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank gailhen
Reviewed November 18, 2011

This resort is beautiful. The rooms were clean. The beach has white sand and it stretches forever. Pool area is very nice and the food was delicious.
The casino has a table called progressive roulette and my spouse and i were conned... i will not get into detail about how much, but it was terrible. The guy running the table kept ordering us drinks - told the girls to "keep them coming (drinks).
The hotel did nothing to help us, they would not talk to us, they only FINALLY met with us 1 day before we had to go home. I know it was not the Resort's fault however I feel that they should not allow a game like that on their property for their guests to be conned like that.

I will never go back to a Grand Palladium.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple