Just returned from vacation at the Grand Pallidium Resort Complex in Punta Cana.
We were booked for the GP Punta Cana Resort & Spa, but at check in were given a room in the GP Palace Resort. This resort is comprised of four resorts, each with its own reception area. With exception of the Royal Suites Section, guests can use all the facilities of any of the resorts. This amounts to 7 ala carte resturants - no reservations needed & if you go before 7 p.m., there is no waiting - four buffet style resturants, and a 24 hour snack bar with a great variety of offerings. You do not lack for bars to chose from either. There are four swimming pools.
The landscaping is absolutely beautiful, and there is plenty of shade near the pools for those who do not want to be "overdone" by the sun.
The rooms are large and very quiet. One warning, the jacuzzi tub is located in the room itself, okay for a couple, but no privacy if traveling with children.
One quirky thing, and our only complaint, was the maid service. The quality of service is not a problem, she did a great job cleaning, but you never knew WHEN she would service your room. One day she was knocking before 9 a.m., the next you would come back to the room at 4:30 and she still had not serviced the room. We even had a knock on our door at 8:30 p.m. asking if we now wanted the room cleaned (we had posted a "do not service sign" on the door during the day. So keep the chain on the door if you plan to use that in room jacuzzi! Oh yeah, even if your room is serviced in the a.m., expect a knock on your door in the late afternoon when the maid returns to replenish your towels.
The staff at reception, at the bars, in the resturant, throughout the resort were friendly and the service was very good. Some resturants were slower to bring you your food than others, but that is the lifestyle there.
Hint .. stick with the pork, chicken, or fish, the beef in three of the ala carte resturants tended to be dry and a little tough. Otherwise, the food is good whichever resturant you chose and the menus for all are posted outside each resturant, even the buffets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa enjoys a privileged, sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino & Royal Suites. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Punta Cana (excluding the Royal Suites). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, Agoda, Hotels.com, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort Spa