“Fantastic Holiday”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Brampton, Canada
“Fantastic Holiday”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Just returned, fabulous property. Well maintained and rooms are immaculate.Well worth the money.Only complaint was the food,buffet was just okay, and a la cartes I would definately pick the Japanese second Brazilian for favourites.Staff are friendly. Always received whatever we requested from the front desk in a timely manner.
Would highly recommend the Punta Cana Buggie excursion. Make sure you take your own bandana, you are going to need it, and are $5.00 each to purchase at the buggy place.Please take wrapped candy/gum for the kids you may see throughout this excursion. You may need to toss on the side of the road as the children have to satnd back or they may get injured. If you give them money it just goes to the adults.
Also take a dip in the cave it's amazing...don't miss this opportunity.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 6000 range are perfect. We stayed in 6625 & 6626. Bldgs 6700 and 6800 great as well...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank angela b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (602)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Got back a week ago and although I have been to Punta Cana many times, it was my 1st time at the Palladium and certainly will not be my last!!! I loved everything about it! The resort is huge and so incredibly spotless - everything is so well kept! It is very well-situated in Bavaro and you can easily go off the resort because it is close to everything (shops, restaurants, clubs)

Rooms: The housekeeping staff are amazing - they keep the rooms in immaculate order and make sure you have everything you need.

Service - Excellent - (tv remote and had a small shower problem) - the front desk would send someone immediately and problem fixed immediately!

Pools - Beautiful!

Beach - Breathtaking!

Dining Rooms - food is so delicious that we did not go to the a la carte restaurants (only once and it was really really good)! The buffet have theme nites so there is a huge variety of food for everyone's palate! The service is excellent and the servers work their butts off every night and wait on you constantly and all with a smile on their face and so, so pleasant!

Baldomero (Excelente Nocturno) - night time security - such an incredibly nice and genuine person - met him as were outside the disco and snack bar. He made sure we got driven back to our room safely as trains would stop working at a certain hour. Muchas gracias and very much appreciated!

But the main reason our stay was so amazing is Thanks to Marino Gil who works at Apple Vacations desk! A real genuine, amazing and respectful person. He is soooo knowlegeable about everything on that resort and made sure we received all the information we needed. He went out of his way to make sure our stay would be an incredible and memorable one - AND that it was and much more! A huge thank-you Marino - really appreciated everything you did!
All in all, I would recommend this resort to anyone I know who is going to Punta Cana so that they can experience what we did! See you sooooooon!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank caribbeanlover069
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Grand Palladium Punta Cana! I loved it! I have been to Bavaro Punta Cana 3 times and my first stay at the GP Punta Cana! I loved it. I not only fell in love with this beautiful country I fell in love with this amazing resort! The people, the music, the grounds, the food! I travelled with a friend and her & I were so pleased with this resort. I would travel there again and have no reservations travelling alone! The service is awesome! The beach is so clean and well maintained no litter! I walked the beach from one end to the other and was amazed how many unkept many of the other resorts were compared to GP ! I want to say a special thank you to Marino Gil guest services Manager and also an Apple Vacations rep. He made my stay all the more special! Thank you Marino! A man of his word, elegant, respectiful, helpful, & very informative! A job well done! I can't wait to go back! I have no negative comments to say about this resort. Grand Palladium ! I love you! xo Muah xo !

Room Tip: First time there. I stayed in the 3000 block so I really can't advise where and where not to sta...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Christina M
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I went with my 3 kids, ages 22,16, 15. We all had a grest time a palladium PuntaCana. we were there may2-may 9 2012. Although it is a very large place, 4 resorts on the property, by day two we had figured out what was where. (the map could be more acurate) Most villas are only 2 stories high and there is so much lush greenary it does not feel crowded. There is a train that goes to all the areas, and it's fun just to go for a ride, about 35 min round trip. we stayed in Villa 75, I think the villas are even better than the large apt style buildings 3000+4000. There is so much beach, so many pools, and so many buffets and resturants, wherever you are will be close to something. The beach is fabulous, soft clean white sand, torguoise warm water, lots of chairs and beach huts. If you want to be close to the beach snack bar you have to save your chair by 6am. the beach was surprizing busy with walkers and joggers even at 530am before the sun had come up. Many beach huts become available again in the afternoon because the morning tanners go on to do other things. The mixed drinks are very good and well made even though all inclusive, and the coffee from the bars was made using the espresso machines. (breakfast coffee seemed to be more american style from automated coffee /milk machines) The food everywhere was good. Our favorite buffet was at the Palladium Bavero Resort. Even at the buffets you could get meat/fish or breakfast cooked to order. The only thing I would have liked was a real BBQ, I kept seeing signs so they may have had one somewhere. People really dress up for dinner at the resturants. The service isn't great due to language barriers, but it was still very enjoyable. The wait to get into the resturants always seemed like it would be long but it wasn't, and they give you pagers to let you know when it's your turn to be seated. (you wait at the bar)The gym has all the usual equipment and was clean. The pools were attractive clean and well kept. There were always fresh towels available at the towel exchange, always a chair and umbrella at a pool. The staff were very friendly and helpful. People would come by and offer to sell us excursions, but they moved on if we said we were not interested. Generally everything worked, there was attention to detail, and free wireless in the lobbies. The shower drain was slow. The rooms were nice and the airconditioning was cold, but you could also turn it off and use the fan. the kids enjoyed the teen centre and the sports/games area. There is one 24h resturant / bar. They had a childrens play area and parents could leave their children there in the care of staff. We did not use the spa services. The free trip to the shopping malls was a let down, the "shopping" was most of the same higher end stores we have in Toronto, but more expensive. (flip flops 20-35 US $, we can get them here for 2/$5) The tourists were mostly Canadian, Russian, some Europeans(German, English, French, Spanish) Most people there spoke some English.

Room Tip: many reviews say pick 3000 or 4000 buildings, but I thought the villas were even nicer and just as c...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank barb b
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 18 May 2012

The resort is very clean, and has a great feel. Many of the common areas (lobbies, restaurants, theaters) are open and comfortable, and the service is quite good.

The al a cart restaurants were excellent, and the selection at the buffet was great. Which restaurant was open on which day got a bit confusing, but the food was very good.

The housekeeping was a bit iffy (they came at different times each day, never reset the room the same way, and forgot to restock the fridge), but the service in the resort was otherwise spot on.

Our only real complaint was that there were always people wanting to sell you something. Always. From trips and excursions, to cigars and gifts, there were people all along the beach and throughout the resort asking for your money.

Overall, a great trip. The beach was stunning, and the resort was excellent.

Room Tip: 4000 block was nice! Close to the beach, and pretty quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kylehess
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I'm skeptical when it comes to resorts. I prefer traveling, sleeping, and eating under my own arrangements. However, this was a relaxation trip where I wanted my most difficult decision to be deciding when I flip over to start tanning my back. To that end Grand Palladium met my expectations. The resort was immaculately kept, the grounds secluded but open, and everything was within a ten minute walk. Mind you, there were go-carts for the truly lazy. As such, I availed myself to those whenever possible.
Punta Cana Resort and Spa is just one resort in a complex of four, but aside from where you are sleeping you have access to all but the Royal Turquesa. I generally stuck around the pools, but I did have a nice time on the white-sand beach. I was particularly happy with the spa. A pool, sauna, two hot tubs, and a gym were accessible with your all inclusive. If you wanted a massage, facial or mani/pedi that was extra.
The buffet was decent, which is all you can ask a buffet to be, but the a la carte was fantastic. You don't need to make reservations, unlike other resorts, but guys need to wear pants and shoes as they won't let you in if you have flip flops on. Though there were rules for ladies, my observation was that they were pretty lax on their end of the dress code. Portions were great, the food was excellent, and the staff were extremely nice. Two notes of advice, a) go early, and, although you don't need a reservation, at the Japanese restaurant you do if you want the show. And b) check the restaurant schedule if you have your heart set on a particular one. They have nights where each are closed.
Finally, there were out-trips, but I did not take one. My perception was that they were too expensive for what they were, and there was no guarantee that they would be any good. More to the point, I was only there seven days. If I was staying longer than that I think I may have been tempted to do the Saona Island excursion. As it was, I was using all my precious time to work on my tan.

Room Tip: If you can afford the Royal Turquesa book it. That area was simply above and beyond the best, althou...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank GraemeLaird
Fredericton
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We were a group of 40 travelling to attend my daughters wedding in April of 2012. I highly recommend this resort. The wedding Crew - Carolina and Diana were the best. The photography was also very good and accommodating. We cannot think of anything that went wrong with the ceremony. The gazebo beside the beach is absolutely beautiful. Carolina and Diana thought of everything. Things we did not even think about they remembered for us. PERFECT WEDDING.
The resort is quite large and we certainly did not see everything. If you want a good room - stay in Building 2000, 3000 or 4000. These buildings were close to the beach and close to the main Lobby and Dining room. Oh - bring your own facecloths as they don't have enough for all rooms. There is a good pool between building 2000 and 3000. The nightly entertainment started quite late and was not the best but after a day at the beach or pool who needs to stay up late !!

Room Tip: Bulding 2000, 3000 and 4000 are the best location for Beach access, Pool access and Lobby access.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
0.7 km away
Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa
3.8 km away
Iberostar Dominicana Hotel

Been to Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!