We just returned from a beautiful two weeks in this resort. I read a good review before we left from clareabella803 who quite rightly said do not believe the bad reviews and the people that complain find anything to complain about !! Thank you Clare you put our minds at ease and you couldn't have got it more right if you tried first of all we arrived 1 week after the second hurricane had hit, the only signs of hurricane damage was some downed palm trees and some roof damage. Both of which where being fixed within days. The resort is spotless a lot of time and effort is taken to the gardens and out door areas.
We stayed in a Master junior suite in the Bravro section which was lovely , always clean and minibar filled everyday. We had no problems with the room at all.
All the restaurants are really good and the buffet restaurant in the bravro section had so much choice , Chinese, Mexican , pizza and pasta , sushi and a grill for fresh meat plus so much more. All the Al acart restaurant are amazing we loved the Indian and the steak house the best but the Margarita's from the Mexican are amazing. We also enjoyed the sports bar.
The staff are so friendly and come on guys we need to be be friendly back, we never walked past any employee and not say hello and they always replied. Tipping , yeah we pay our money for the holiday but how much of that filters down to the hard workers , prob not a lot. We always tipped and did it mean that by going back to the same restaurant and we got our drinks quicker then maybe but that service should be rewarded(if you where in a paying restaurant you would tip wouldn't you) I found it pretty bad when you saw big tables of people being waited on hand and foot with good service and no tip being left.
The resort is massive and but plenty of transport from the wee carts and trains or here's an idea it's called feet .
So here is the 1 bad point l found ..... the moany British (and l am a Brit!) to sit at the pool to listen to people moaning about silly stupid things was the worst and embarrassing!! These people definitely think that the world owes them something. Unless the food is uneatable the resort is falling apart and dirty then yeah you have something to moan about but the resort is nothing like that so why would you stand there Day after day and moan to anyone willing to listen that's just going to ruin your holiday !!!!
Yeah there are building works on this resort but this is not something that Grand Palladium are hiding (even if First Choice or TUI are !) so if you can take the time post moans about the building works on trip advisor then surely you did you research before you went and knew fine well about the building works.
Would l go back to the resort without question but at the moment l want to go Grand Palladium in Jamaica and then the new Grand Palladium in Mexico.
We would like to say thank you to all the staff for the hard work and we had amazing holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa enjoys a privileged, sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino & Royal Suites. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Punta Cana (excluding the Royal Suites). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Palladium Hotel Group, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort Spa