We stayed at the Punta Cana Princess from February 24th to March 2nd 2012. We had booked a Sunwing vacation through Tripcancentral.ca back in October so had lots of time to wait . . it was worth the wait!!! Our VIP Sunwing Deluxe Suite looked exactly like the picture in the travel book!
From the time we arrived, near Midnight on a Friday, until we left about 9:00 am a week later we were well treated . Check in seemed to go smoothly for all that were arriving, the staff seemed to be helping everyone at the same time so no lines. Our bags were brought to our room by two very efficient baggage guys. They moved so fast I only had a chance to tip one.
We went to get a look at the Ocean that first night and found the Mere Nostrum. I don’t think anything tasted better the whole week than that first beer unless it was the plate of french fries the waiter brought to the table.
The buffet always had an assortment of tempting delicious food with a different theme every day. The morning omelets were prepared as you waited with never more than one or two people ahead of you in the line. The sugar donuts were too good to miss, to bad they were only there at Breakfast, they would have been ideal as an afternoon snack. We ate most of our lunches at the buffet but the Mere Nostrum always was open and there was a beach buffet every second day. We tried 3 of the 4 a la cartes,, The Steakhouse, the Italian and the Seafood . We didn’t go to the Swiss but had the Crapes one night at the buffet as well as their special after dinner coffee. Each night one of the A la cartes is closed, you have to read the board outside of the buffet to see what is opened each day. Loved the fact that you did not need reservations. We usually ate at 6:30 when they first opened and never waited more than a minute or two to get seated. The house wines were very good, I can’t say which I preferred.
We had use of all the facilities at The Caribe Princess and The Tropical Princess both just next door, maybe a five minute walk. They had shows every night and it seemed like more activities. We only walked through a few times and went over to play Mini Golf once but both seemed like very nice resorts and would be a good option for anyone traveling with children as the PCP is adult only.
The beach was fabulous! White sand, little seaweed, beautiful surf. We spent many hours bobbing in the surf. A little too rough for snorkeling for me but a few hardy soles tried. You could walk for over an hour in either direction passing many other resorts and look around the next point to see more beach. The beach was so wide that when walking by you never felt like you were intruding on the sunbathers in front of their resorts.
There were little shops (or markets) in both directions selling all the usually tourist items. Lots of coffee, rum, cigars and trinkets.
The beach towels were in our room on arrival. They came in each evening to exchange them when they did the turn down service. I think that was part of the Sunwing VIP service. There were also robes and slippers in the room for our use, a bottle of Rum to take home and a small box of cigars.
The mini bar was filled everyday with water, pop and beer. Those cans of Presidante were some of the best of the day. Drank sitting on our deck looking out at the pool. We were on the ground floor of building 4. I was a bit concerned about being on the ground floor at first but we never found it damp or musty and only had one spider and on little lizard visit us.
The minor problems we encountered were reported to guest services and were fixed by the time we got back to the room after reporting them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa in an Adults Resort (18 years old and over) where the fascination of an unforgettable holiday is readily available to our clients. Caribbean style and art of living combine in each of the corners and rooms of this pleasant, high-category holiday resort in Bavaro Beach. Five-Star All Inclusive Hotel, quiet and relaxing, on a heavenly beach; that offers all the services and facilities of our sister hotels Caribe Club and Tropical Princess.The charm of the 263 beautiful Platinum Suites, the seduction of the 7 Honeymoon Suites equipped with a thousand and one details and including a full range of services are completed with the careful and selected menu of our 5 restaurants (main buffet, Italian, Tex-Mex, Mediterranean and Swiss), and a functional snack. Wedding packages available. A full range of daytime leisure activities, extensive gym and spa area, a beautiful bright environment, with a large number of evening activities, next to the famous Princess Tower Casino (located at Bávaro Princess Hotel), and Areito Disco (one of the best in Punta Cana); that add the pleasure of some days of rest and an unforgettable holiday at the famous Bavaro Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Cana Princess Resort
- Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Punta Cana Princess Hotel