11,452 results
All reviews diamond club martini bar gourmet marche dips pool bar sands beach bar hunters steak house memories splash travel smart juan cruz hunter steakhouse adult only pool vip breakfast zen restaurant sister hotel sports bar family vacation butler service
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was our first all inclusive holiday as a family, we usually book villas since having our children but have been on several sandals holidays before children. We are a family of 4 with one teenager and one ten year old. We were very nervous about queuing for food, drinks and finding sun beds. We decided to upgrade to the diamond club for some extra creature comforts. This really paid off! Picco and Angelo were our butlers. They are more like holiday PAs than butlers. They were fantastic! They would book our restaurants for us and if we had any issues they would sort it out. The hotel was very well maintained, beautifully landscaped. The buffet restaurant was great for breakfast which catered for everyone’s appetite. Hunters steak was great but be warned, the ribeye is enormous (half the plate!) and puts you off as soon as you see it. The petit fillet was perfect! We ate at all the restaurants available and we did not like zen. We have been to great teppanyaki restaurants and this was not one! The food was ok but it was too loud (about 4 different cooking stations) and it wasn’t about interacting with the customers but more about repeating song lyrics.

The water park was amazing! This was mainly due to memories (sister hotel on site) being closed for refurbishment. It was so quiet! The children could literally go on any slide without queuing.

The entertainment staff were good. The entertainment during the day was mainly around the infinity pool. A special mention is to ALEXIS! Alexis is one of the fitness team. He was amazing! He did one to one training if you wanted but he also did aqua fit every day. This was fantastic!

The swim up bar was ok but did not use premium brand drinks or real fruit for cocktails so we mainly stuck to gin or rum in the pool. However the diamond club beach bar was much better but by far the reception bar was the best.

We had a truly fantastic holiday at the royalton Punta Cana and would recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank happyheads2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited Royalton from 4th September- 18th September for our Holiday/wedding & honeymoon with 25 family and friends.

“BAD”
Firstly hotel is 3/4 star hotel at a push.
Staff are rude.
Food is repetitive.
Pools are disgustingly dirty.
Hotel was a mini construction site.
Very dangerous grounds for young children eg. Slippery...
Do not exchange money at hotel as they take extra money out of bank without telling you. Basically stealing!
Glass in food at breakfast!!
Hotel rip you off for anything you want/need. Got charged 7 times for one transaction!!
Son and Nan got food poisoning which ruined 3 days of there holiday!
Diamond club is a load of rubbish do not pay for it!
Mould in the rooms on bed and walls!

“GOOD”
Thalia in wedding team was fantastic and a great help she made our wedding day go as planned.
Ozuna the Butler for diamond club was also fantastic.

Overall experience of hotel was not very good as we wanted it to be amazing but it was sadly ruined by this hotel and there rude staff. If you are thinking of staying at this hotel I’d look elsewhere as it’s not worth the money.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Ricordo1209
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a holliday ... in a swim-up room ... a luxery stay !! Staff is excellent, from waiters Victor Medina on the beach (super) till waiter Emmanuelle at the evening-bar … and others … smiles en excellent service. We went to the Spa after recomandation of dr.Medicin … we had a super massage and stay in the Spa … the golden hands from Maria and Andrea helpt to (thanks girls) … relax and stress-free after treatment !!! The meals where diverce and the fact that you don't have to book upfront is relax .. only the Japanees restaurant needs to be bookt in the morning. At the buffet food for all … gluten-free /healfty/kids and adults/big buffet ! Cofee is delice !! The animation team is there and profide for who wants to do sports and play. There not puchy and fun to have around. Beautiful shows in the theater at night , and after that bachata time with live-bands (waaaaauw !) They take you on the dancefloor and dance the night away with great coctails :) The hotel is a big plus +++ and take a swim-uproom ... after 17.00u in the pool in your private arria … is a bonus !!!! Loved my time there !!!!

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank stien62
comunity1puj, Manager at Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,

We would love to thank you very much for taking a moment of your important time to provide us your view of your recent stay in our property.

In Royalton Punta Cana we are characterized for proving a high class level of service: we are very glad to learn our service exceeded your expectations and for sure we will be sharing your amazing words to our whole staff.

It is great to learn you enjoyed our accommodations to the fullest: our rooms were designed to create a luxury experience for our guests.

Thank you very much for highlighting our Spa: our staff is highly trained and it makes us so proud you could fully enjoyed the message and your amazing comment will be so encouraging to Maria and Andrea to keep doing their great job.

Our entertainment team is so grateful for your positive feedback, all your comments are important to us as in our property the main goal is to reach guests satisfaction.

We would love to have you again in our property in the near future for us to keep creating amazing holidays for you.

Best regards,

Stefano Sturni
Resorts Manager Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Memories Splash.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Currently here on my 2 weeks holiday.

Resort

The resort itself is beautiful and very relaxing. I have found staff to be very welcoming and willing to help. I have also met some lovely people from England which makes a big difference.

Room

My room is ok I have noticed a few defaults with different things, I personally wouldn’t class it as a “luxury room” I did prebook my room using the room selector to find out it’s the back of a service road not what I expected wish I saved the €70.80. But I guess I’m only there to sleep and shower.

Restaurants

Since being here I’m slightly disappointed with Memories being closed for refurb. Reason being I/you would of had a better choice of restaurants to visit in the evenings instead of the Zen, Jade, Buffet, Hunters, Italian. I wasn’t notified until my arrival due to the hotel being low season they are closing “a” restaurant at night so you are more restricted and not informed which one is closed until the night.. one night 2 restaurants were closed!

Food itself is really nice I’m quite fussy and haven’t struggled to find anything. I have skipped breakfast a few times as I never have 3 courses unless it’s a special occasion I’ve most likely done Lunch and Dinner and the odd burger from the wagon near Sands Bar.

Tipping

I have found again tipping goes a long way especially to the bar staff who work tirelessly hard and very long hours. A few odd €1 wouldn’t hurt but don’t feel pressured if you do not wish to it’s not compulsory.

Entertainment

Entertainment during the day and night is ok. I tend not to get involved too much. The Lion King and Michael Jackson in the Theatre is amazing same with the White Party weather permitting.

Sister Hotel (Royalton Bavaro)

If you are visiting this hotel you are entitled to a day pass collect from reception which entitles you in visiting the sister hotel “Royalton Bavaro”, 10 minutes up the beach if you turn right. I would personally book that hotel as it’s very new and feels more welcoming and homely. Funny enough cheaper too! I explored the Lazy River and attempted the Surf Rider which was a FAIL!

Excursions

If you book any excursions pop onto Facebook and add the “Royalton Punta Cana Travellers Page” Erica Espo originally from England carries out all different types of excursions. I did all excursions with her “Local Tour & Saona Island”, the service I received was 10/10 very friendly and very welcoming.

AOB

Be prepared to receive an email from
Tui Rep “Alexis Comparcola” if you do not
attend the welcome meeting. I didn’t particularly because it’s the same old format. The email received wasn’t called for and I will be taking this up with Thomson on my return to the UK to find out why this occurred.

Would I return to Royalton Punta Cana unfortunately not onto the next part of the big wide world.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Royalton Punta Cana as the best option to spend your holidays.

It makes us really you highlighted our hotel as beautiful and that you were able to share your experience with others in our property.
In Royalton Punta Cana we are characterized for providing the best comfort based on our luxury accommodations: we would like to apologize for your perception of our rooms our biggest concern is to help our guest with any problem they have during their stay, we are going to share your observations with our Maintenance Manager in order to make improvements if it is necessary.

We would like to apologize for your inconveniences with our closed property: Memories Splash Punta Cana in these moments is closed for refurb but our goal is to keep improving our level of service and keep creating magical experiences for you, our very valued guests.

Our restaurants Zen, Jade, Buffet, Hunters and Italian are always highlighted by our guests for being excellent and providing the best service and quality of food: we sincerely regret your perception of them.

It makes us so glad to learn you have enjoyed our Gourmet Food: Our chefs are highly trained and I will personally share your comments with them.

Your opinion is really valuable for us as our entertainment team works really hard in order to provide a high quality show which characterizes Royalton.

We would like to have you back in our property in the near future.

Warm regards,

Stefano Sturni
Resorts Manager Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Memories Splash.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Have just returned from a 10 night stay at Royalton Punta Cana. What a great place for both the wedding and a relaxing holiday. I honestly couldn’t fault the place. From the moment we were greeted off the coach transfer and told we had been upgraded to a Hideaway room to the moment we left, we were treated superbly by all the staff. Special mentions to the bar staff at the Hideaway pool bar, Juan, Dolores, Jose Luis and Jeomela who worked tirelessly to keep the drinks flowing all day, always with a smile on their face despite the long hours. Another shout out must go to Tooty Fruity, who kept us entertained with his poolside antics every day. The Hideaway bar served branded spirits and bottles of Budweiser, although the local beer was nice anyway. Our room was serviced every day to a high standard and we had no problems at all. Food was good in the main restaurant and the themed restaurants were really good, especially the steak house and Teppanyaki Japanese. A trip to swim with the dolphins was an amazing experience. The beach on the hotel front is beautiful with golden sand and clear water. Would I return to the hotel? Without doubt I would.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family