We went on a jet-setters weekend. The facilities were top rate. The pool creative and amazing as it wound through the centre of the property that was lush and luxurious. Food was adequate and we did not participate in the a la cartes. Rooms were excellent and spotless. Service was top notch. There was however a one hour drive from the airport which appeared to be going into the country. Finding a lounge chair after 7 a.m. was a challenge. While the hotel asks guest not to put towels or personal items on lounge chairs, it is not enforced, as it would be difficult. Our first day we were not able to get a chair, but did find opportunities to sit by the bars or grills which was near enough to the pool for a period of time.
This hotel was also creative because after lunch there was a fruit stand to get tropical fruit or coconut on a stick. Very tasty and a healthy snack alternative.
The hotel was also very family oriented. If you don't want children around, this is not the place for you. They had a centre for the children with their own pool that was supervised. In one part of the lazy pool there was a floating mountain for the children to play on.
Couldn't swim in the ocean too cold and rough, but the beach was close to the end of the pool and the beach was beautiful.
Concierge was our biggest difficulty as they were trying to get us to go to a new property for an hour. Been on one or two of these and they are never an hour. Due to our plan for relaxation by the pool or beach we opted out. However, every opportunity that the concierge could talk to us they did and they did not take no for an answer even though they knew we had already said no.
For the little time we were on the beach, we did not see any peddlers. Currency accepted was U.S. or Dominican Pestos.
We had a lovely time and would consider returning for a longer stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded in a lush tropical paradise, Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa features one of the largest free-form swimming pools in the Dominican Republic, stretching from the lobby all the way down to the pristine beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, HRS, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Booking.com, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sunscape Beach Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Sunscape Beach
- Dreams Resort Punta Cana
- Dreams Punta Cana Resort
- Dreams Dominican Republic