“great hotel and great staff”

Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #18 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“great hotel and great staff”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

just back from the paradise, everything is 5 stars, service, food, room. will go back any time even with family and kids. special tahnk's to Ramond Feugo at the aqua bar .
Sylvain and claudia
canada

1 Thank Sylvain C
ManagementPPRL, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 8 April 2012
Dear Sylvain

I would like to express my gratitude for sharing your impressions as well as for your compliments towards our bartender Ramon “Fuego”. You may rest assured that I took a good note of your observations.

Once more, thank you for extending us your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,109)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Connecticut
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This resort is one of the nicest all-inclusive resort we have ever been to. The rooms are gorgeous and very clean, the food was very good, the drinks were perfect and the staff is unbelievably friendly. We were really happy staying here as we had to check out of our original resort due to hot water issues. We wished we had just gone to the Paradisus to begin with. This resort is the total package and we will be returning next year.

Room Tip: The Royal Service was worth every penny!
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your recent experience as well for letting us know that you enjoyed our facilities, gastronomy as well the friendliness of our staff.

I look forward to hosting you next year at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Phillipsburg, NJ
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We used a friend's Club Melia membership to stay at this resort and we loved it. Originally, our reservation was to stay at the Reserve but due to having to take a golf cart back and forth to the beach and main part of the resort we changed our reservation to stay at the Palma Real so we could walk out and be right at the beach. We stayed in a one bedroom master suite at the Palma Real and it was very nice. However, the golf cart ride back and forth is not a big deal (approx 5 mins) and the Reserve looks gorgeous and is newer but more expensive. Either way we would have been happy. One nice thing about staying at the Reserve is you get more exclusive priveleges to use the private section of the beach etc. but since we were using the Club Melia membership we had the same priveleges with the private pool area etc. The one bedroom master suite has a pull out couch for additional guests to sleep and the bedroom has sliding doors that close for privacy. Our only complaint about our room is that the bed was very hard.

The beach is very nice! The water is a beautiful turquiose color and very bright. We mostly layed out at Gabi Beach which has very comfy beds to lay on with pillows and it is right next to the Gabi restaurant to eat lunch. They do have waitors serving drinks on Gabi Beach and the private section. The private section is right next to Gabi Beach and has wicker padded comfy lounge chairs but you have to make a reservation for this area and you can only use it if you stay at the Reserve or are a Club Melia member. A lot of people were going topless but this is actually illegal in Dominican Republic so the security guards do say something to people who go topless and make them put their tops on. You will definitely see plenty of speedos and thong bikinis. The pool that was open to everyone was very large and nice as well.

The restaurants were great for all inclusive. Our favorite was the Gabi Beach restaurant for lunch and dinner. It was fantastic! Vento is the nicer italian one with small portion style gourmet food. It was good but Gabi was better. The Hibachi place was decent and we loved the asian food restaurant called Bana. The buffet has great food as well and we enjoyed eating there for breakfast. There is another buffet called Market Grill which was good for a quick lunch (hamburger, pasta, ice cream, nachos). We heard some people say they had issues with the service at this resort but we had quite the opposite experience. The service was wonderful. Infact, if I called the front desk or for room service and asked for anything they would call you and follow-up to make sure you were happy. I do think there is a small charge if you order room service but we did not pay since we were there with the Club Melia membership and it was included. If you order food on the beach it is not included which we thought was kind of stupid. Any other resort they have a simple beach menu. So you always have to leave the beach and go sit down to eat. Not a huge deal but sometimes you just want to stay on the beach and relax.

There were shows everynight and live music. The shows were mostly kind of corny but the live music was very good. We have always stayed at adult only resorts which tend to get so quiet after 9pm. This was our first family resort and we actually prefer it over the adults only. People really like to hang out later and party so you can turn in early and relax or stay out late and mingle which was great!

The stores in the resort just like any other place are very exspensive and so are the vendors who try to sell you jewelry etc. but you can negotiate with the guys selling jewelry so please don't take their first price! I did buy some jewelry for gifts to bring home and he started out at a ridiculous amount and I ended up at lesss than half of where he started but they are good so be careful. I spent $54 just getting sun tan lotion, hair spray, shampoo, and body lotion at the store.

I loved the fact that there were not people harassing you on the beach all day long to buy this or buy that! Security was right on the beach and would chase them off if they tried. The only people trying to sell you anything worked at the resort and would take fun photos or something simple. I got my picture taken with an adorable monkey!

The Spa at the Reserve was WONDERFUL! My husband and I thought it was one of the best massages we have ever had. We got the relaxing & destressing massage. Well worth it! If you are a Club Melia member you recieve a discount at the Spa.

One warning....the airport in Punta Cana is terrible and highly unorganized!!! When you arrive and all the flights are coming in at once it gets confusing and people are cutting and do not know where to go. You have to stop first in one line and pay a $10 tax and then you proceed to the immigration line but this was not clearly obvious and many people jumped to the immigration line and then had to go all the way to the back of the first line to pay the $10. The day we came back home was a nightmare. The airport was overwhelmed with people and it was nothing but awful long lines so please give yourself plenty of time. I do not think the airport is always a mess but better safe than sorry. Plus out flight out was on a Thursday and I heard it is worse on the weekends. It was so packed we had to stand at the gate or sit on the floor. The speakers in the airport hardly work and you cannot understand what they are saying. One family next to us had no idea their gate changed and they finally heard a last boarding call for an entirely different gate!

Room Tip: The Reserve is more expensive but newer and you have to take the golf cart back and forth. The Palm...
2 Thank Jaime D
Dear Jaime,

I would like to thank you for your preference in selecting our Paradisus Palma Real Resort; as well as for sharing your experience. In our effort to continuously improve the quality of our services and facilities, we put our greatest interest and value in our guests' opinion.

It is truly a pleasure for me to hear that we fulfilled your expectation and that you had a memorable stay us. You may rest assured that I took a good note of all your observations.

Once more thank you for extending us your impressions and I look forward to welcome you in the near future.

Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I just returned from a week stay at Paradisus Palma Real. I was lucky enough to have Royal Service and was especially pleased by the attentive and quick responses of our butler Jari. The one evening we returned to our room it was to find a bubblebath ready to go and chocolate covered strawberries...oh la la! We loved all the staff the bartenders and wait staff on the beach and pool area in particular especially Nelson & Wilkins. Upstairs Lobby favorite bartenders who made our stay that much more special were Orny and Fernando. Thanks guys!! The food was amazing, absolutely no complaints, whether it was the Buffet or the a la cartes it was all good. If you love seafood you will be very happy..if you do not love seafood you will still be very happy. Lots of choice everyday.
The rooms and maid service were clean and well kept. We never had any issues with towels although a couple of days there were no facecloths...(really hardly worth mentioning).
The grounds, the beach, the pools all excellent. Also enjoyed several walks done the beaches and unless you ventured close to the market areas no one bothered you. If you did go near the market areas a polite no gracias and no problem, there were no hassles at all.
I did do several activities and enjoyed them all...Thanks to Javier at the boat place for a wonderful snorkelling trip and boat ride. Thanks to the very helpful (can't remember his name-sorry!) man at the aqua center for all his help with the bookings for sailing and snorkelling.
I had a wonderful first time scuba experience with the scuba team as well, thanks Amigos!!
We often missed the main entertainment as some of our reservations were late however we did catch a couple of shows including an amazing Micheal Jackson show-not to be missed.
The beach party was rained out however the fire show continued in the lobby and was equally amazing.
I especially enjoyed the after dinner and entertainment dancing in the courtyard or the lobby each night. The animation staff were friendly and fun and always included everyone in the dancing. Thanks to all the wonderful dancers for fun evenings of bachata and merengue and salsa and lil bit of hiphop as well :) It was a truly amazing experience that I enjoyed completely.
Just as a note...I did come home with a few itchy bites and perhaps next time I would use some bug spray but all in all we live in a world where there are bugs so I actually was pleased that I didn't get more bites. I would recommend some spray in the evenings for dinner but there definately was no slapping at mosquitos like I have experienced at other places and times.
Bravo Paradisus Palma Real for making my holiday so sweet! Oh and do not miss the amazing Cuban bartender at gabi Beach, be sure to have a Mojito...best I ever had~!

Room Tip: Royal Service is worth the splurge..but all the resort seemed very nice.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank CathyP315
ManagementPPRL, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear Cathy,

I would like to express my gratitude for sharing your impressions about your recent stay at Royal Service in our Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

We have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for me to hear that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence.

We await you soon at this, your second home.

Niles, Ohio
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This was the second time my wife and i visited the Paradisus Palma Real. Both times the experience was great. We enjoyed the food and drinks, all very good. The staff were very friendly and courteous. We were treated especially well at the pool bar by Ramon Fuego, Louis Diaz and Bianca. The activity staff that we met, Jose, Jimmy and Picacho were a lot of fun. Beautaful pool with fine seating and lounging accommodations. Gorgeous beaches.
The rooms were beautiful and very comfortable and clean.
Raymond M

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
ManagementPPRL, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Dear Raymond,

I would like to thank you for choosing Paradisus Palma Real Resort for your vacation, as well as for letting us know about your recent experience.

It is truly a pleasure for me to hear that once again you had a memorable stay at our hotel and that you appreciated the effort and dedication of Ramon, Luis and Bianca as well as the Activities Staff.

Once more, thank you for share your impressions and I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at this your second home, Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I recently returned from 4 days at this Palma Real Paradisus resort and I had an incredible time! My friends and I were stunned at their beautiful grounds, the location to the beach was perfection, our experience at the Palma Real Golf and Spa Resort was fantastic.
Our room was clean, (and yes we had to ask for towels but so what ?), the beds were great and extremely comfortable in our room , and our experience was stellar.

Nothing is without its imperfections ( it is unrealistic to think so ) .......If we had any issues we called the front desk and the issue was fixed immediatley! All in all, I would most definitely recommend this resort to anyone who would like what felt like a 5 star vacation.

I am planning to return at the end of the year!

Room Tip: A good tip is to not drink the tap or faucett water at any time-Use bottled water to brush your tee...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank recruiterca2011
Dear guest

I would like to express our gratitude for sharing your impressions about your recent experience.

I greatly appreciate your comments about our grounds and facilities; it is thanks to the hard work of our gardening- as well as our maintenance-staff that we are able to maintain the landscaping this way. You may rest assure that I took a good note of your observations and discussed the issues with the managers of the various departments.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comments and do I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Branford, Connecticut
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My wife and I travelled to the Paradisus Palma Real, initially booking a suite in the Reserve. Our hiccup was when we arrived: despite booking 5 months in advance, the resort sold our room to a large corporation (Dish network) in the weeks before we arrived. Obviously we were furious that our room was given away without any notice beforehand. After checking in, the staff thought we wouldn't realize that the regular room they put us in was not the intended boutique section of the resort we wanted.
We made a lot of noise about this major problem. One of the "managers" initially offered a free return vacation (which we didn't want at all), then a few hundreds bucks back, then ultimately an upgrade to an ocean front from in the 'royal service.' This saved our vacation because this was wonderful!
I highly recommend the royal service: they have a private pool and private section of beach where they will reserve you a bali bed and/or beach chair (and have an attendant set it up in the morning). This takes away the need to fight with other guests who reserve spots early in the morning. The resort was gorgeous, the food pretty good for an all-inclusive. The beach was great.
Despite the major hiccup at the beginning, they fixed things for us and it made for a great vacation.

Room Tip: Royal service is a must at this resort. We initially wanted to stay at the secluded part at the Res...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Peter L
Dear Peter,

I would like to thank you for letting us know about your recent experience. In our effort to continuously improve the quality of our services and facilities, we put our greatest interest and value in our guests' opinion.

I greatly appreciate your personal comments informing us that despite the situation related with your arrival your stay was very enjoyable since our Royal Service could fulfilled your expectations.

Once more, thank you for extending us your impressions and I look forward to welcoming you back at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.