We were here the first week of April 2012 with friends and it was truly a luxurious hotel with great amenities, but some downsides.
Pros – Beautiful grounds and pools. Many bars and restaurant choices, as well as decent buffets. Service was generally very good with some exceptions both ways. On the upside, if you end up with Elvin as your waiter at the buffet or grill, count yourself very fortunate. He is professional courteous and respectful. The bartenders were great. There were a couple of standouts there as well; from the acrobatic guy at the swim up pool bar who hopped around the counter with a bottle balanced on his head before pouring a special concoction directly in your mouth (well mostly in your mouth, but it was a pool bar), to Carlos at the Gabi Bar who was not only an incredible juggler, but an attentive, personable and excellent bartender as well. Brands of liquor were top shelf. The “well scotch” was Johnny Walker Black.
Cons – The biggest con was the beach. The sand was perfect, but the constant flotillas of seaweed made it difficult to enjoy the water. I don’t mean a bit of seaweed; on one of our walks we had to turn back because the washed up stuff was over a foot high, 3-4 yards wide and around a hundred yards long! You can imagine what the water looked like. This was probably after a front passed, but from reading other reviews it’s not rare. Getting reservations at the restaurants was often challenging. Our rep was of little help and kept saying that they were very busy and need more than a few days notice. We courteously pointed out that giving a week’s notice is not practical for most vacationers. But do make as many reservations as possible as soon as you can. Our transportation guy behind the counter just gave us the phone number of his office so that we can arrange for pick up to return to the airport. Why he could not do it was beyond me. There were many examples of these minor glitches in service, but the annoying part was that they could be addressed very easily. On one occasion, our special concierge made an effort to be extra nice and drew a bubble bath in the Jacuzzi, complete with towels folded to look like swans, flower petals around the tub, etc. Unfortunately, he did not let us in on this, and by the time we got back to the room, it was only room temperature. Again, an excellent gesture, but with notice we would have really enjoyed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the epitome of resort elegance. Paradisus Palma Real Resort envelops you in privileged comfort and simply astonishing beauty. Discover crystal Caribbean waters, pristine beaches, towering palm trees, stunning gardens and magnificent architecture. Delight in sumptuous private Suites, championship golf, seven world-class international restaurants and stunning pools lined with exotic Bali beds. An all-encompassing paradise of grace, elegance and charm located 25 minutes from the Punta Cana International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Palma Real Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Palma Real Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana
- Paradisus Palma Real Resort
- Punta Cana Paradisus
- Paradisus Hotel Punta Cana