Once we moved from The Reserve to the Royal service area of the resort! We wanted to be nearer the beach. At the Reserve section you need to take a golf cart to the beach-it's a haul.
Had a great "butler" who took care of everyting for us from dinner reservations to finding super glue to fix my husbands's Tevas!! His name is Carlos A. de la Cruz. He was terrific! Ask to be assigned to him! All the restaurants (except buffets) required advance reservations-a couple are casual, some are a little dressier, which I found a little annoying-not that I'd go as a slob, but you don't always feel like dressing up on vacation. There were a couple of occasions at the buffets where we were seated, but then it took awhile to be acknowledged by a waiter and brought drinks before we hit the buffet. It took a little work to get a vegetarian meal put together from the offerings at a couple of the a la carte restaraunts, but fortunately my husband is fluent in spanish and helped work our way through it. The few times that we needed maintence help they were there within 15 minutes, took care of the problem and even got a follow up phone call to check on their service. Wilkins at the Sunset bar was a standout! Very attentive. Went Zip lining with Canopy Tours-it was an excellent! I was pretty nervous, and their attention to safety and making sure we all knew what we were doing put me at ease. It was a LONG drive up into the mountains to get to the lines, though. They said 45 minutes-I say double that! The roads into the mts. were awful! But once there-safe fun! I had a very good massage at the Spa onsite.
Don't know what the naysayers are talking about, but I will say that we saw a lot of very rude folks who were snapping their fingers, shouting at the workers, rolling their eyes, etc. A few 'por favors, gracias-s", and smiles go a long way to getting good service!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the epitome of resort elegance. Paradisus Palma Real Resort envelops you in privileged comfort and simply astonishing beauty. Discover crystal Caribbean waters, pristine beaches, towering palm trees, stunning gardens and magnificent architecture. Delight in sumptuous private Suites, championship golf, seven world-class international restaurants and stunning pools lined with exotic Bali beds. An all-encompassing paradise of grace, elegance and charm located 25 minutes from the Punta Cana International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Palma Real Hotel Punta Cana
- Paradisus Palma Real Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana
- Paradisus Palma Real Resort
- Punta Cana Paradisus
- Paradisus Hotel Punta Cana