My husband and I got married 5/7/11 (almost one year!) and went here for our honeymoon. It was so reasonably priced, and the room was standard but GORGEOUS. The resort is very nice, and the beach is simply amazing. The water and sand are just so clean and crystalline; looks exactly like a postcard. We stayed in the adults only section, and although we just wanted to relax and did not get too involved in activities, it was so relaxing. It was all inclusive, so we laid on the beach and were delighted to be served tasty endless cocktails. The restaurant on the beach near the pool (forget the name, maybe Sea Blue?) was nice and open.
We do wish that the room service menu was a little bit more friendly; we did not like much of the menu because it was a lot of common items (ham and cheese, BLT, chicken, etc.) that just did not really taste as they should have. I know though that in a foreign country, naturally, their take on things may be different. But my husband is not exactly a food-adventurer so he rarely likes to try anything new. The buffet in the resort was big and awesome though, and the individual restaurants were alright, but simply not quite on target for what we were expecting.
Overall, it was still a really nice place and we do want to go back with some friends for a vacation. I recommend buying things such as tanning lotion or SPF, batteries, toiletries, disposable cameras etc. before coming. Those items are SO expensive here! We forgot our memory card and bought two disposable cameras for $40!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Caribbean at an exclusive, adults-only resort. Its small details make big your stay and the personalized service you receive will make you feel as if you were in heaven. Exclusive suites, innovative restaurants, dreamlike swimming pools…relax in this tropical paradise and enjoy the best vacation you’ve ever had. Have an extraordinary experience, and leave the worrying to us; we’ll take care of you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro