10,659 results
All reviewsbarcelo premiumgabriel chocolatejulio iglesiasquiet poolswim up barrock climbing wallrenovated roomocean viewkids poola la carte restaurantsbeautiful beachthe mexican restaurantseafoodgreat vacationpalm treespicky eaterfamily vacation
Reviewed August 13, 2018

The views are beautiful in the morning. The beach is very well maintained. Be prepared to speak Spanish if you want good service. The wait in the lobby at reception will take some time so don’t be in a rush. Breakfast was the worst food they served. I don’t eat pork so there’s no other selection of meat for me. The lines for fresh omelette are super long so it wasn’t worth the wait for me. The guests there attack the plates and food in the warmer that most of the time we had scraps. We ate most of our food at the hamburger and hotdog stand. Furniture is a bit wore out. My family complained of towels. They didn’t have enough in their room and they never got them the entire week. We left to have dinner off the resort and it was fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
Marcos C, Director General at Occidental Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Dear Guest,

Although we sincerely regret your disappointment with your stay in our Occidental Caribe, we would like to thank you for sharing your comments as it will help us to identify areas of concern and act immediately so as to enhance our future guests' experience among us.

We were most concerned to read your remarks on the service you experienced whilst staying among us, mostly because your comments do not reflect the usual standard of service we strive to ensure for our guests, nevertheless please rest assured that your review will be shared with our head of departments for information and further revision.

Once again, many thanks for your help to get to know the points where we can still improve the experiences of the ones that come to visit us and we truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Punta Cana.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

Excellent service. Excellent staff. Very relaxing. Nice beach. A lot of food to choose from. Reasonable rate for the stay. Excellent entertainment always something going on. The staff at the bohio bar at night are the best.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We always find it nice to read that our guests went home with great holiday memories and we are very grateful for the time and effort you spent to share your personal experience at our Occidental Caribe hotel with us and Tripadvisor readers.

Moreover we thank you for your wonderful comments on service which of course have been shared with the entire team. It is always a great source of motivation for our staff to hear that our guests appreciated their services and attention to detail.

Again we thank you for this very kind review of our hotel and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

Listen....I did so much research on hotels in Punta Cana, my kids thought I was nuts. I want to say upfront that I had concerns about Occidental Caribe based on the reviews I read here. I was crossing my fingers the entire plane ride down. But...I was overwhelmingly happy I stuck with my choice. I'm not a fussy traveler, neither do I accept substandard service or accommodations. That being said, I would disagree with 99% of the negative comments posted here. The reason I gave it 4 stars and not 5 is because its not the Waldorf Astoria. Understand that you are going to an all inclusive where the hotel has to try to please a lot of people and individualized service may be a bit compromised. I went from a Sunday to a Friday, July 31 to August 3 and took my two teenage daughters. We stayed in 3413, which was a Presidential Suite (I upgraded after we arrived. We were originally in a Premium Suite), so I cannot say what the standard rooms you would book on Expedia or Orbitz etc were like. But at the prices the OC was offering it was well worth it to upgrade and I would suggest the Premium level for anyone considering going. It was cheaper than a standard room at Majestic Colonial or Bavaro Palace by well over $500. The service was great. If you made even the slightest effort to converse a bit in Spanish you were greeted with big smiles. If not, everyone we encountered was still great. You're a guest in a different country...grow up! The room (as I said the Presidential Suite) was ridiculously huge and ornate and clean. Magnificent. The food was buffet, so it was all decent, but again..seriously, youre at an all inclusive, don't expect individual gourmet meals. We ate at all the specialty restaurants (another perk of Premium level is they book you into all of them before you arrive so you don't have to waste time and energy. Also, wifi is free on 3 devices for your stay). They were all decent and fun, with the Tokyo being our fav. The beaches and pools were incredible...as described by many other reviews. Be aware you may find some kelp in the ocean (big deal). The grounds are immaculate. We didn't go to any shows because we were there for beach, pool and relaxation. Bottom line...if you are going to Punta Cana and want the best deal for a premium hotel and aren't going to go crazy if your shrimp cocktail isn't as big as at home youll have a great time. Again this is only my experience, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends or family.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Len C

Dear Guest,

We would like to express our gratitude for the comments you made about your recent visit. They help us to understand how our guests experience their stay with us. It is always our goal to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and we are delighted to hear that your holiday at Occidental Caribe was an enjoyable one. We continuously strive to deliver high standards and to ensure that all our guests leave with beautiful vacation memories.

We are thrilled you enjoyed your All Inclusive type of meal plan, allowing our guests to take advantage of our different bars and restaurant throughout the day and are grateful for your highlight on the quality of the products and drinks including in its board.

Again we thank you for this wonderful review, it has been a pleasure for us to read and we look forward to serving you again soon

Reviewed August 13, 2018

A great time was had by all in our group. We had three couples in our group. Two couples in their early 50’s and one couple in their early 20’s. There were things for all of our interests. The entertainment at the bars was fun, but we didn’t really participate in pool activities or beach sports

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great feedback of your recent holiday experience at our Occidental Caribe; guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that, we are happy our hotel was able to meet all your needs during your stay.

Once more we thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday and very much look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

I do not recommend this hotel. It is run down and in major need of proper renovations. It looks like they hired 5 year olds to do repairs. Our room had hair all over the floor and bathroom when we checked in. The alcohol is completely watered down to the point where you really question whether there is any alcohol at all. I am very petite and only way 103 lbs, so I should have been able to at least get a buzz. The clientele was not what we expected. There were a lot of people smoking cigarettes, cigars, and vaping around children which is not okay! People were yelling in the hallways at 2-5 a.m. which is just down right rude. It was very difficult to get a clean table at the breakfast buffet, which is the only place to get breakfast. The staff just didn't seem to care. They would only clean a table off if you asked. The bartenders were friendly though. The pros to this hotel are the beach and pools which were nice, but overall, I would not recommend this hotel or stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank MelissaS3021
Marcos C, Director General at Occidental Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing a review of Occidental Caribe. It does indeed sound from what you describe that some aspects of your stay did not meet our usual standards of service; please accept our sincerest apologies for failing to make your stay with us a perfect moment of relaxation, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention

We sincerely lament reading that your stay was not as pleasant as it should have been and we would be very pleased to welcome you again in the future ensuring you in advance of our utmost commitment to make your next Occidental Caribe holiday experience an unforgettable one for all the right reasons.