“Thank you for you hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zoetry Agua Punta Cana

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Ranked #2 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
“Thank you for you hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

This will be what my heaven looks and feels like. Beautiful, peaceful, tranquil, and many puns coladas. The food is fresh, drinks are good, and if there is a more attentive and gracious staff, I have never seen it.
Thank you so much!

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank Leah S
Paco A, Guest Relations Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, 8 April 2012
Dear guest

Thank you very much for such a positive comment about our experience in our property. We look forward to hosting you back and make your next experience even more memorable.

Warm regards...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (837)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Woodbridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

My husband and I just returned from Zoetry Punta Cana, and i must say i was very impressed.
I was hesitant in going to a small resort but very glad that i did. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff. The amazing aspect of going to a small resort is the one and one personalized service. They become your friends. Thank you to Rosalia, for talking care of us each and every day at the beach. Thank you Celi for being the entertainment for yoga and
aerobics, and thank you Kenny for the Drinks at the bar...I personally would like to thank Patric Loeser , Guest Experience... He Did a wonderful job..Alain Berthelot the Hotel manager deserves a commendation for how he runs this resort... The Author Dinner, and the Wine Pairing were suberb..The only thing missing is the piano bar, or dinner music at the bar... A place like this does not warrant live shows... You visit this place to be intimate, relax with your loved ones .. There is no buffet but ala carte and they are always ready to provide you with anything not on the menu... Your laundry is done, shirts are pressed, internet is included. What more can you ask for... Great Job... Zoetry

Room Tip: Any room you choose at Zoetry is in a good location. With a small resort you are close to everything...
5 Thank anna1957562671
3.Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the Zoetry Agua family, we wish to thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay with us, and especially about our staff.

Rosalia, Chely, Kenny, Patric and all our team, we are very glad to know that our effort and genuine care for our guests is recognized and that we fully met your expectations.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

We are currently at this awful resort and thankfully in 2 days will leave. We arrived a week ago after upgrading from another hotel and viewing the website of this resort made it look exactly what we were looking for. We are 4 adults, 2 children. On arrival the place looks amazing and we were so happy to arrive.. Then it changed within 24 hours. First off the pool has paint chopping away everywhere and I mean lumps of concrete in the pool which clearly needs fixing along with the drains in the pool which are dirty and dangerous. The pool water is dirty, cleaned once a day but never a good job, by 9am its full of bugs/ wood/ dirt, the hot tub is a disease waiting to happen with scum all over the water.
The sun beds are nice, loungers are nice and staff are very pleasant.
The food is abysmal at its best. There are 3 restaurants, one 'Asian' which was over complicated and the end result being tasteless. Amaya restaurant is slightly better but again over complicated - every dish is full of unnecessary produce - being on a Caribbean island should mean fresh meat and fish, not food doused in horrid sauces, uncooked veg and nothing decent for children. Even asking for a 'hot sauce' I was given a salsa that they had poured a whole tub of black pepper in to to make it spicy! The last restaurant is just over rated, they have no head chef, a random menu that never changes and again all food is processed and tasteless. As a foodie the only thing I've enjoyed eating are the chips, every meal time is a chore and dread.
I've just used their spa - sadly like the food it too was nothing but bland. I've had hundreds of massages in my time and never in my life have I been bored and tempted to walk out half way thru. I had so much oil poured into me it was dripping on the floor! The girl literally might as well of thrown chip fat at me and seen how hard she could rub it in / absolute disgrace especially costing over £100 for 80 minutes
And finally they have a bug problem - am not talking Mosquitos or normal issues you'd find here, I'm talking bugs that invade your room your whole body the moment you arrive. Me and my friends are covered literally covered! In bites from head to toe and they do nothing to try and prevent it, no candles, no sealed off rooms and certainly no assistance in trying to get rid!
On whole - a truly awful hotel

• Stayed April 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Zoe0805
AlainBERTHELOT, Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Thank you for your feedback.

Apologizing for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay, let us please address the points you state, as follows:

- Pool & Jacuzzi: although we maintain these facilities constantly, as you mention the weather conditions (obviously beyond our control) surely caused to have more than the usual amount of natural debris here; please rest assured that their usual status is crystal clear and always totally suitable from an hygienic perspective;

- Our dishes are prepared with fresh ingredients; it is unfortunate that our offer was not to your taste, but when asked, of course we can always accomodate special requirements (e.g. fish & chips), including for children;

- SPA: somewhat surprised by the fact that our services did not meet your expectations (i.e. we very seldom get any negative comments about massages whatsoever), we still duly have reviewed our protocol and treatments, as to keep bettering our offer, etc.

- Bugs: As our beautiful resort sits in the middle of a pretty much still-virgin, lush tropical jungle (without any direct neighboring complexes), even though we fumigate frequently & thoroughly sometimes nature still finds ways to surprise us i.e. some insects can be found sometimes here and there; we are sorry you got bitten, even though we provide bug repellent in Suites and at our Public areas.

Should you need any additional information, please contact us at Concierge.Zoapc@ZoetryResorts.com .

In the meantime, we thank you again and look forward to getting a chance to welcome you soon once more to our wondrous paradise & show you our imporvements.

Best regards,
Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

My wife and I just got back from a stay for our anniversary and this is one of those places that I have trouble rating.

It's kind of like the planning is excellent, but the execution is not so good.

The bones of the place are wonderful. The grounds are beautiful, the food fresh and organic and the rooms are tasteful. With only 51 rooms, the resort is always quiet and peaceful. The staff truly wants you to have a great time, but...

It is the small things, the lack of attention to detail, that keeps the resort from the 5 star level it desires.

For example:

The resort on its website claims that the minibar is replenished twice daily.

Ours was not even replenished once daily.

In fact, it apparently had not been replenished from previous guests as their half drank split of wine was still in our mini bar. Also, the coke bottle tops were rusted.

Their website offers a an educational experience called “The Chocolate Route” which according to the website “…explores the local cacao plantations, discusses the planting, developing and harvesting of the fruit as well as the fermentation processes. The tour ends with a hearty lunch at a local restaurant steeped in local Dominican culture.

Contact the concierge for more information or to schedule your tour today.”

When I contacted the concierge through a link on the bottom of page prior to our arrival, I was informed that no such thing existed. I responded by sending a link to them showing the experience on their website asking for clarification but received no further response.

When I inquired about this experience when I got to the resort, I was again told that no such thing existed but I could take an ATV tour that would stop perhaps at a plantation.

No one at the resort could give me an explanation as to why something that is not even offered by the resort is located on the resort’s website.

According to a notice in the room, to be eco-friendly, the resort only changes sheets every other day unless a guest specifically requests they be changed daily.

However, we do not believe that our sheets were changed at all during our stay even after becoming covered with dirt and bugs due to the repairs done to our thatched roof.

At the time we reported the dirty sheets the maid simply got a wet towel and wiped them down. We figured she would change them later, but do not believe she did.

On the first day, my wife sliced her foot on a shower drain that had rusted and was falling apart.
Admittedly, the resort fixed that problem quickly, but a danger such as that should have been caught by staff prior to a guest injury bringing it to the hotel's attention.

That same day, during a heavy rainfall, we experienced a large leak in our room’s roof.

While my wife put a garbage can under the leak to catch the water pouring in, I called the front desk to let them know of the issue.

After waiting more than an hour and having no resort staff come to our room to look at the problem, we went down to the front desk to again let them know.

After waiting another half hour with no response, I again went to the front desk to let them know.

When I got to the front desk and asked to talk to an on duty manager about the problem, the front desk person said it was unnecessary to involve the manager as he had just talked to the maintenance people and they were in my room working of the problem.

I went back to the room and called the front desk to let them know that there were no maintenance people working in our room.

I was told I just did not see them because they were working OUTSIDE our room. I told them that was definitely NOT the case.

The front desk then called us back to tell us that they needed to talk to the maintenance people working in our room. My wife told them again there were NO maintenance people working in our room.

Shortly afterward the maintenance people showed up.

At about 9:00 am the next morning, while my wife and I were enjoying breakfast on our balcony (for our anniversary) maintenance showed up to continue the repairs they started the day before. So the entire day until 6:00 pm, we were treated to the melodious sounds of hammering and electric saws.

It made for quite the romantic ambiance!

We had requested dinner on the beach (at an additional charge) that evening to celebrate our anniversary. We arrived on the beach to 20 – 25 mph winds that made lighting the tiki torches that would have provided light impossible.

We are not sure what our meals actually were because the food was cold by the time it reached us and we were sitting in the dark so we couldn’t see anything. But fortunately for us Josito was able to get the bonfire lit so that we could enjoy smoke and embers flying at us during the final 2 courses of the meal.

Perhaps we were just unlucky and these things don’t normally happen at the resort and we fell through the cracks.

And I truly understand that, as one staff person told us when discussing our stay, just tell management of a problem, and they would take care of it.

But at a 5 star resort:

Sheets should be changed and mini bars replenished as advertised.

Experiences advertised as available on their websites should be available to guests.

We should not HAVE to tell management that we have a broken drain in our room – their staff should have discovered the problem taken care of it prior to our arrival.

We should not HAVE to argue with front desk staff about whether or not maintenance is in our room for nearly 2 hours. Common sense says that if a guest tells you there are no maintenance people in the guest’s room, there are no maintenance people in the room.

Management should be proactive enough to realize that guests (especially a couple celebrating their anniversary) might not want to have to endure a day of hammering and sawing directly outside their room and offer to change rooms if the maintenance cannot be postponed.

Management should be smart enough to realize that having dinner on the beach in 20 – 25 mph winds (especially when directly downwind from a bonfire) is probably not in the guests’ best interest and offer an alternative location for the dinner.

These issues we experienced illustrate the problems with this resort.

The individual staff members are great – In particular Juan Antonio, Chely and Joselito went above and beyond for us.

Juan Antonio discovered it was our anniversary and had a cake and champagne delivered to our table while the staff sang Happy Anniversary. It was a very nice touch that we very much appreciated.

The grounds are lovely.

The whole eco-friendly concept and all natural and organic food are great as well.

But somewhere along the line, details are missed and it appears that common sense is disregarded and these lapses totally detract from what should be a stellar experience.

My wife and I came in wanting to love this resort, and wanting to tell all our friends they should try it.

Unfortunately, given our experience, we cannot and that is a shame.

18 Thank mrboffo
AlainBERTHELOT, Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear Guests;

Thank you for your recent stay with us.

Apologizing for the inconveniences you encountered, please rest assured that we are dealing with them accordingly:

- Regarding the minibar situation, we have updated already our procedure as to avoid a similar issue from happening to any other guests; nevertheless, please be advised that we indeed are checking minibars twice daily, per our website;

- The Chocolate route has been removed from our website;

- The maid should have changed the sheets in front of you when these were dirty from the repairs; however, please rest assured that regardless of whether our guests choose to keep the sheets for 2 days in a row as to be eco-friendly, we still change the sheets in every Suite after a maximum of two days. Therefore, you can count on the fact that yours were clean upon you arrival to your Suite and then were changed at least twice over your 5-night stay...

- Our corrective maintenance crew is even more focused now on detecting drainage area up-keeping in our Suites bathrooms;

- We have improved communication between the Front desk and our Maintenance crew; furthermore, I personnally am available to speak with our guests any time I am here, and during my absence there is always a manager on duty to do likewise; since Suite 34 is on the higher floor, its artisan Cane tatched roof can sometimes be susceptible to leaks, due to its charming natural materials; still we constantly check them and are sorry you had a problem, since sometimes we can only detect leaks until it actually rains; after the hard work that maintenance put in, the roof was duly conditioned, even though the repair process had its collateral effects, such as noise, etc.;

- We are sorry about your own Romantic dinner experience on the beach and have learnt form it, especially knowing that at any point in time our guests can either choose to change date &/or location; we are open to fulfill all guest requests, accordingly (i.e. in particular, when weather conditions that are obviously beyond our control, may be bothersome...);

On the other hand, we really appreciate the recognition you make of our staff members that stood out for you the most during your stay and have already shared with them your praise, respectively.

Should you need any additional information, please contact us at info.zoapc@ZoetryResorts.com .

In the meantime, we thank you again and hope we have the chance of welcoming you back soon, as to show you these and other improvements.

Best regards,
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Stunning setting with individual suite rooms, three fun restaurants so plenty of variety but never crowded as there's only 50-odd rooms. Incredible numbers of staff to care to your every need - particularly enjoyed:
- the dedicated coffee bar for "proper" coffee (instead of drip coffee!)
- cocktail menu and the different craftings
- beach-side; secluded from the large resorts; ample space to get a secluded couple spot!
- complimentary laundry so we only needed a tiny travel bag!
- the friendly staff
- daily menu of activities and special dinner menus

Quick note - we took the helicopter back to the airport; $219pp so for 2 its only ~$300 as the car transfer is ~$100. But again, can only take small bags else you're paying for them to be transported by vehicle! However it was DEFINITELY worth it - take off from the beach and follow the glorious coastline all the way back - approx 25minutes of stunning vista and a ton of fun! Get met at the airport and driven to the international terminal all included. Very stress-free and arguably safer than the Dominican Republic private roads! We would have done it both ways if we'd known about it beforehand!!

Room Tip: Interesting question; glad we didn't pay extra for the beach-view because then you miss the priv...
4 Thank AnnaKokosinska
Paco A, Guest Relations Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear Guests

On behalf of the Zoetry Agua family, we wish to thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay with us.

We look forward to your next stay and hopefully that time you have the opportunity to do the helicopter ride both ways.

Warm regards
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

We visited Zoetry and it was paradise. Very tranquil, no blaring music or staff members running around trying to make you play games. The food was exquisite! Many local and organic ingredients in healthy dishes. The menus displayed the calories and fat which helped us all manage our choices. It is a special place with very personal service. The staff knew us by name by the 2nd day and they clearly make it a priority to take care of you.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Jina J
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and for letting us know about your experience in Zoetry Agua Punta Cana.

It was really a pleasure to receive such a positive comments about food, service and ambiance. We will let our staff know how satisfied you are with our service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in our property.

My best regards,
London, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Flew to DR with BA in Premium Econ was good but stops in Antigua for an hour, you don't get off the plane. On arrival at airport met with Rep from Amstar, it took approx 45 mins to hotel on tarmac road missing the odd pothole or 2!. Once at the hotel, we were offered a cold glass of Ginger Tea, and after a quick check in, shown to the room. We had a swim out room on the ground floor (room 16) right by the beach and main pool area so we could catch a glimpse of the sea from our Terrace. We did some research via Trip and Hotel's website, throughout our stay the Hotel did not quite match our expectations. The room needed a bit of Tender Loving Care and the shower did not drain away properly due to the shower floor sloping the wrong direction! The bed was very comfortable and large, the room was very clean, we had a change of towels every day and the nightime turn down only let us down the once! The grounds were kept immaculate together with the beach area that was cleaned every morning. The Beach itself was a good size and you could easily walk for miles, the sand was not pure white and the sea not crystal blue but the Hotel is on the Atlanitc side. This would also account for the strong breeze most days, fortunately, our room sheltered us and we were able to sit out each evening with our bottle of Italian Sparkling Wine (i.e Champagne as the Hotel calls it).The choice of food was a big disappointment, lunch was only avaliable in one restaurant overlooking the sea and it was ok but with a limited menu for a couple staying 7 nights. Evening dinner was very limited, there are 3 restaurants however we only had the opportunity to eat in them once during our 7 night stay, if the Authors Dinner or Wine Pairing Dinner is on we only had the choice of 1 restaurant which had a limited menu and specialised in Thai based food, so we found ourselves having room service 4 nights, we really feel that at least one other restaurant should have been opened or a buffet set up to provide some choice, at no point were all 3 opened. The Lobby Bar (the only place to have a drink in the evening) provided some chairs but if full it would be difficult to find a seat! We were lucky in that the Hotel seemed 40% full so room service, beds on the beach was very good and we had no issues. If you are prone to getting bitten like myself, then wearing Bug Repellent is a must especially around the Lobby Area. The Spa was good but the treatments were expensive, however daily deals were offered. You also had the option of using the Steam Room, Sauna, Spa Pool and the Relaxation area at no charge whether you had a treatment or not. The Gym had a limited number of equipment but it was air conditioned and opened 24 hours, you needed your room key and this would open the door and activate the lights.During our stay we got the impression that if you tipped you would get a better service, however as the Hotel was not full this wasn't an issue for us. We were glad to have a room on the ground floor, the rickety wooden walkways did not feel safe and would be difficult to walk on in the evening with lack of light and heeled shoes! We did find however, that the Hotel was wheelchair friendly with ramps and access to most areas. This had nothing to do with the Hotel but they did their best to help, we were let down by our Rep Amstar concerning our departure, we just made it to the airport at our own cost after the pick up did not turn up. Overall, this would be a good hotel for a short break of 3-4 days, however, staying longer than this with the limited food options and shower issues (i.e no hot water every morning) would put us off returning and hence the rating of 3 out of 5.

Room Tip: Ground floors with swim out.
10 Thank armada69
AlainBERTHELOT, Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered and appreciate your feedback, as to help us improve.

Our Housekeeping Department is already on top of the lack of turndown service the one night that they unfortunately missed your Suite.

Also, our Maintenance team is tackling the shower's drainage issue, as well as ensuring that hot water gets to every room and as fast as porssible.

Indeed, we serve the nice Italian sparkling wine you mention adn slowly but surely, are changing the habit of mistalkenly calling any sparkling wine Champagne - which, as you are aware, is a Geographical denomination of origin...

Just for the record though, our occupancy rate for this month has always been at 80% or more; still, thanks for transmitting the fact that beach beds were always available and that you felt that we had less guests (meaning, no overcrowding).

Our SPA's pricing structure and the recognized Natura-Bissé products used there, correspond to a world-class facility.

All our staff know that gratuities are included and distributed accordingly, so we will stress this element to all our team-members ASAP again, so that voluntary tipping does not influence our service quality/standards.

We are working constantly in up-keping and bettering our wooden structure and lighting.

Concerning the Food & Beverage offer, we are sorry that your expectations were not met in this sense, even though - especially as we are a 51 Suite Boutique hotel -, we actually offer 7 dining options included during a week's stay i.e. 3 different specialty restaurant, room service, 2 culinary events (Wine Pairing Dinner and Author's Cuisine Dinner) and the Caribbean Beach Dinner, plus for an extra cost private Romatic dinners on the beach or in our Wine Cellar. We also have daily specials at Lunch and Dinner...

Should you any further information, please e-mail us at info.zoapc@ZoetryResorts.com .

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and deliver an impeccable experience on all fronts.

Thanks again, best regards and till soon !