19 people are viewing this hotel
Official Site
US$710
US$710
Free cancellation until 22-12-08
Reserve now, pay at stay
Algotels
US$432
Expedia.comUS$711
PricelineUS$710
Lol.travelUS$740
6,162 results
All reviews amaya restaurant horseback riding room service dominican breakfast laundry service our honeymoon personal butler lobby bar bug spray quiet resort relaxing vacation plunge pool ocean front welcome home special dinner spa treatments couples massage
Selected filters
Reviewed September 9, 2019

This resort had some highs and lows. The food was very good (real lobster) and the people were delightful. However, there were some definite problems.

With hurricane season during August and September, and with the "scare" of the alcohol related deaths at other resorts, the resort was at 20% capacity. In other words, it seemed like we had the entire resort to ourselves. We are not sure if this is why they many times did not have some of the activities that were scheduled actually happen. This was rather frustrating. They did have a painting class which was a great deal of fun with an instructor from offsite who was a hoot. The Spanish Lesson was very good also. However, the evening entertainment was not always on target. The live DJ was a music video on the screen with no one around and the live entertainment (which was to occur a few times while we were there) happened once with a guitarist who was very good. We also had some trouble with not having top shelf at the pool bar. We had just been at Secrets Akumal the month before and top shelf was at all the bars. Here they would have it and then run out or one time the pool attendant had to go "somewhere" to obtain the requested liquor. Don't understand why this happened.

One of our biggest problems, which was because of the natural setting of the resort, were the bugs. The first two days we had no problems--great. Then on the third day it rained and our luck changed. While in the pool, these noseeums were on the attack. These insects are relentless. I was covered with bites on my arms, back, face, and legs. Our friend also suffered from these terrible insects (you might want to look them up on the internet to see what the bites look like). They did provide bug spray but it was in the room when we were in the pool and environmentally based. To be honest, the staff looked at my bites and were providing pure aloe to help relieve the discomfort. I would strongly suggest that you bring strong bug spray to prevent this from happening. Luckily I did not get sick but I am still itching and it is over 11 days since the bites. They did fog quite heavily after the rain, but those critters still found me at night!!!! I'm a magnet for mosquito bites in the states also.

We did have a nice time. The sun was out the majority of time and the views of the ocean were wonderful. We also want to give a shout out to Jendiler--waiter noon lunch (make sure you ask what the special of the day is); Domingo at the pool bar; Robinson the sommelier at the wine room; David the cook for the wine room; and Alejandro our concierge. These people plus many more employees helped make our trip enjoyable.

So if you are coming to this resort, I suggest you bring along a powerful bug spray and you will probably have a bugfree time.

1  Thank bloomville
zoapc, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2019

Taigüey: Good Day-Good Sun!

Dear Bloomville,

I sincerely appreciate your kind review concerning your experience at our cherished warm paradise!

I am delighted to read that our staff took such good care of you during your stay. Thank you for those nice words upon our staff and in particular Jendy, Domingo, Robinson, David and Alejandro, I will make sure they hear about it.

Zoëtry is a combination between “Zoe” in greek means Life and Poetry… Zoëtry Agua is an intimate paradise, a hidden garden of heaven, where everyone finds Endless Privileges, peaceful environment and a friendly service.

We deeply regret to read the inconveniences you experienced with mosquitoes bites. As you may understand, in our country many type of insects are presents in our environment, especially mosquitoes and other tiny similar insects. Having this in mind, we conduct a very strict fumigation program in order to exterminate them, also every room is fumigated before each guest´s arrival. We also provide repellents and Bug sprays that our guests can use as preferred. Unfortunately, despite all this measures, sometimes nature still finds ways to surprise us. Insects can be found sometimes here and there; we are sorry you still got bitten regardless of the different measures we very strictly conduct. For some reason, mosquitoes may feel attracted by certain people causing a different reaction on every skin, we did what was in our hands.

We took note of all your remarks (the night entertainment and overall bar services) in order to take the corrective actions along with our Heads of department.

Thank you again for your comments, we hope to have the opportunity to host you in the future so you can enjoy our improvements.

Reviewed September 6, 2019

We were definitely there at an “off” time, as there were maybe 25 or so people in the whole resort!
We personally liked being the only people in the pool. And it was very different knowing all the other guests by name. Another plus was being able to dine in the private Wine Cellar three times in a week, and have specially prepared lunches (not menu items and one was on the beach) twice in a week.
How can there be a down side? Unfortunately only the Italian restaurant is open in the evening for dinner. They did offer menu items from one of the closed restaurants along with the Italian menu but it seemed monotonous going to the same place every night to eat. This is the restaurant that is not air conditioned so there are fans running between the tables. The advertised “live DJ” in the evening in the lobby was a projector screen showing old concerts (Whitney Houston, Bob Marley, ABBA, Bee Gees, etc.). It didn’t matter what the entertainment was because you couldn’t stay in the lobby to watch because the mosquitoes were horrible. My husband had so many bites on his legs, ankles and feet that our concierge gave him aloe, and extra strength repellent (other than the one that is standard in the rooms). These bites turn into welts, then bright red spots that are everyone and itch like crazy.
Our traveling friend has them everywhere except where her bathing suit was. They both still have them. They are just awful.
The wait staff here was just great and as friendly as can be. Special mention to Jandilier at lunch, Robinson at dinner, Domingo at the swim up bar, concierge Alejandro, Petey and Javier. Everyone you passed said hello.
The housekeeping was very efficient, although the rooms are a little old looking and can use some refreshing.
The spa staff were very good and the couples massage wonderful.
Overall, we had a really good vacation but it’s not high on my list for a return visit. Don’t want to risk the chance of the mosquito/bug problem.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank W5906AEjohnm
zoapc, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2019

Dear John M,

Thank you very much for the time you took to post your review and comments, they are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your kind words towards our staff and towards our service, when we learn that even if there were any setbacks we as a team have managed to offer for you a memorable experience keeps us going and striving for flawlessness.

We deeply regret the situation about the mosquitoes, we truly do our best to control these insects, unfortunately it seems like they are more attracted by certain people. However, as per your comments, we will definitely check what else can be done on this sense in order to avoid such matter.

Thanks once more for your comments, we hope we can welcome you back sometime in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

This is my 3rd visit to Zoetry Agua Punta Cana this year. The staff and service here is outstanding. Everyone treats me as if they are all here to ensure that I have the perfect vacation for me.

I come to Zoetry Agua to relax, regroup and refresh and I accomplish it all. I am already looking forward to my next trip very soon!!

I love mi familia de Zoetry Agua Punta Cana!!!

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank CG J
zoapc, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2019

Dear CG J,

Wow, Thank you so much for your nice words, but very especially, thank you for the trust you have deposited in us.

After having read such a wonderful review, I just want to tell you much we appreciate your loyalty and every opportunity you have given us to host your holidays. Please notice that for all of us it is a great pleasure to be your host and better yet, to know that you consider us part of your family. We are su blessed for such privilege.

We will always do our best to offer you our best service and keep your trust in us, by always offering you a memorable experience.

Thank you for everything, we can´t wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed September 2, 2019

Our trip to the DR began at Secrets Cap Cana, which was so incredible, I wasn't sure anything could match up. Our drive in was a little rainy, but it was perfect for settling into our room and not feeling like were missing out on the sun. This resort is quiet, beautiful and elegantly rustic. The rooms all feel like a little oasis from the world. We booked a swim out suite, but were upgraded to an ocean front room overlooking the incoming waves- the perfect place to enjoy champagne at the end of the day. The spa is luxurious and exotic- my husband went twice! Doris was magical. Harlem at the pool bar was a fantastic host and made sure we were never out of sparkling rose wine. Our concierge, Wilne, was gracious and kind and made sure were well taken care of every day, including surprising us with a traditional Dominican lunch that was delicious! We also met Robinson, the resort's sommelier, that prepared a lovely, bespoke evening in the wine room for us and made sure we had the perfect wine the next night to go with our lobster tails. While quieter than the 1st 6 nights of our trip, staying at Zoetry Agua was the perfect way to unwind 9 days in paradise. This was our 2nd trip to this island country and we cannot recommend the DR enough. Please go and see for yourselves what we are raving about. You will not be disappointed.

Date of stay: August 2019
3  Thank stacyandrick
zoapc, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2019

Dear stacyandrick,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, it is a pleasure to know how much you have been enjoying our Paradise on earth.

We can´t be any happier after reading your wonderful review and learning from it, that you have been living a memorable experience just as we planned and worked for. Thank you so much for letting us know about it.

For every member of our resort, it will always be a pleasure to make sure that our visitors have a pleasant and wonderful holidays. So glad to know how much you enjoyed.

We hope to see you very often in this your Home.

Reviewed September 1, 2019 via mobile

I decided on this resort for our mother daughter trip because it was small (I hate big resorts) and vegan friendly. The resort property is big but with less then 100 rooms that were only at 30% capacity, it’s like we had the resort to ourselves...we felt that like were the only ones at the beach, the pool, the spa, the restaurants, our very own private oasis :)

The grounds were beautiful and very clean. Our garden view room was spacious and had everything we needed and more. We loved the infinity pool and the beach was beautiful, some days better then others depending on how much seaweed had come in that day or how strong the current was.

Service was fantastic. Everyone was very friendly, professional, and just wanted you to be happy. The employees at Amaya in the mornings (the girl that greeted us at the door, the girl that brought our mango smoothies, and the gentleman that brought our food) were such a pleasant way to start our day. I told them I wanted to eat vegan Dominican food and they made sure it was made the next day. I mentioned to our concierge, Carlos, that the trip was in celebration of my daughter’s graduation and a special cake was delivered to our room. Thank you :)

We are both vegan and we had lots to eat and enjoyed the food. We liked how the food was fresh, light, and healthy, what you would expect at a wellness resort. To make it even better for vegans I suggest you add more options to the menu. We loved the avocado toast for breakfast but it would have been nice to have another option too so we didn’t eat the same thing everyday. Dinner at Olena (Italian) was our favourite. Vegan option at the Mediterranean restaurant was pasta, would have been nice to have something different as we had already had pasta at the Italian restaurant. Please add some vegan desserts to all menus. The coffee shop was very nice and we were happy they had vegan milk, the desserts looked so good but none were vegan, please have a few vegan desserts. Veggie sushi and fresh fruit drinks by the pool were the best!

We really enjoyed the wellness aspect of the resort. I did yoga, meditation, stretching and spent a lot of time in the spa’s hydro circuit. Yoga on the beach was wonderful and the instructor was a pleasure to meet. The young guy I did the stretching class with was awesome. He guided me through the best stretch I’ve ever done and felt great for days!

We loved our time at Zoetry. Couldn’t have picked a better place for my daughter and I to have our special trip together. We hope to return soon. Thank you Zoetry for a wonderful time.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank GigiaB
zoapc, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2019

Dear Dance M,

I would like to thank you for letting us know about your relaxing experience with us. We are full of happiness to know that our Zoëtry Agua pleased you. Thank you for those nice words upon our staff, I will make sure they hear about it.

We have chosen to make the hotel small and intimate for you to feel comfortable and home away from home, accommodating your vegan preferences.

We are so glad that our exemplary staff, our heavenly surroundings and our unique facilities made your experience unforgettable. We won’t miss to congratulate Carlos and the staff at Amaya for their professionalism and attention to details, we will transmit your lovely comments.

Again thank you for your comments, we are looking forward to welcoming you soon!