4,833 results
All reviews butler bayron amaya restaurant room service dominican breakfast horseback riding special lunch our honeymoon personal butler laundry service lobby bar plunge pool relaxing vacation bug spray welcome home ocean front small resort thatched roof
Reviewed October 28, 2010

A little out of our normal price range but wow, it was worth it. We were really impressed by the staff knowing our names and making us feel welcome. We felt everything was really personal and no concern went unanswered. Only one bad thing to comment on; I realize it is a tropic environment but the air conditioning was really poor. If you need an ice cold room to retreat to after a long hot day in the sun this is not the place for you. Luckily for us we were given another room that was better but just not what we were expecting. There is no real retreat from the heat both in the room or while dining. The food was great. Overall I would have to say we will be back!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank maseis1
Reviewed October 27, 2010

I visited Zoetry Aqua during October 18-October 25, 2010 with my husband for our first anniversary. My husband and I travel rather frequently, all at upscale resorts. When researching a perfect resort, It was between Secrets Sanctuary and Zoetry. My husband had correspondence with Natalia(Manager of Zoetry) and I made a phone call to the resort to ask a question about the accomodations. After the research, we decided to visit Zoetry. We were not disappointed!!!!
Transportation to and from the resort was fabulous. My husband and I were the only two passengers on the van. We arrived and were greeted with friendly smiles and a refreshing drink and tour. We settled into our room, which was Garden View Junior Suite(Room 46) and it was fabulous. Even better than the pictures online.
The beach was fabulous and maintained everyday. The sand was soft with no seaweed or shells to walk on. My husband enjoyed the snorkeling almost everyday. They provide snorkels/masks free to the guests, as well as, Hobbie cats and Kayaks.
Unfortunately the one large pool was closed the entire week of our stay, which was a HUGE disappointment. This was beyond the managements control. The pool had some leakage issues that needed addressed immediately. Natalia, manager of the resort spoke to everyone at the resort and addressed the concerns. She accomodated most requests and provided us with alot of extras during our stay. My husband asked her if she remembered us e-mailing her with general questions prior to booking and she knew our names and that it was our anniversary. We were very impressed, especially because I'm sure she receives a ton of e-mails and calls. Each day she located us and asked us if we were still satisfied. Each day brought additional "extras" from Natalia, which made us forget all about the pool.
The employees at the resort will get to know you on a personal basis and likewise, you will get to know them. EVERY employee has a smile and greets you with a "Hello" followed by your name. They WILL cater to you as best as possible(hence, read final paragraph). If they dont have something, they will find it for you. Everybody was great, however a few that we found were exceptional were Kenny, Jodanny, Fernando, Judy(Spa), Ingrid(spa), Jose(Cafe), two females working the beach area and of course Natalia! I apologize if I did not mention any other employees for I have forgotton their names. Employees are great at English. Remember folks, you are in their country and they do their best at speaking English. Do not expect them to know any English just like they wouldn't expect you to know Spanish if they came to the Unites States. Have patience and understanding. Each employee we spoke with were very eager to learn English and will, in exchange teach you Spanish.
The restaurants and food were out of this world. Remember folks, this is a small resort that caters to fresh foods. THIS IS NOT A RESORT IF YOU LIKE BUFFETS AND FOOD THAT HAS BEEN SITTING OUT ALL DAY!!!! They make each dish as ordered. You will wait 30-45 minutes for your main entree. When you receive it, you will know why. It is simply amazing. Room Service was great and available all day and night. I have read reviews about the lack of variety on the menu. This is not the case, unless you are a picky eater. They do change items from the menu and unless you are staying for a month, you will not get tired of the food and will enjoy the variations of dishes. if you want American style foods and do not like variety, stay somewhere better suited for you. Portions are dished as "correct portion" sizes the body should be eating. If you expect a HUGE dish, just order two entrees. At times we ordered two just because everything looked so good.
Spa was excellent, I enjoyed a Deep Tissue, Swedish and Facial. All wonderful. My husband and I enjoyed the steam rooms and Jacuzzi everyday.
Coco Cafe was great. Once again, used that everyday!!! All drinks were fabulous and prepared so carefully and presented in a polite manner. Both male employees were wonderful and had smiling faces. I apologize but I only recall Jose's name. The other younger male was excellent as well. Both were intellegent and kind. Both educated us on culture and inquired knowledge from us as well. They were eager to learn English vocabulary. Both spoke better than many Americans, to be quite frank.
Wine selection was enormous, however the only wine we tried was during a Wine Tasting Class.
They have daily activities, such as BIngo, Yoga, Stretching, Spanish lessons, Horseback(reservation), Tours(reservation), Cigar Rolling(weekly), Rum tasting, just to name a few. A schedule will be given during Turndown service for the following day.
Pros to this resort: Too many to name, however I will try. Privacy, personalized attention, food was fabulous and fresh, spa was great, cafe was excellent, Drinks were ssoooooo great, room service was fabulous, rooms were clean and maintained twice a day, Turndown service fabulous, activities are great, resort was extremely clean and there wasnt one piece of garbage laying around or a piece of grass out of place(absolutely meticulous), Most importantly, the staff was incredible, likewise the manager was always around checking the resort and talking with guests. it was obvious that she takes pride in her job and happiness of her guests. Drinks were incredible, beach was great and water was turquoise blue, Beach BBQ was insanely great and a must for every guest to attend(you will not be disappointed), enjoyed the healthy tip cards and newletters.
Cons to this resort: Cant really think of any. A minor complaint is the noise from the traveling band in the restaurant. At times they will have a band at each restaurant. They will play intermittantly during dinner. In my opinion, this should be reserved to the front restaurant. The sound really echoed into the rooms along the beach. This was minor and really dont think that it is an issue.
Tips to travelers: This resort is for the couple that does not want nightlife and noise. This is for a quiet "getaway" away from noise and chaos. There isn't any clubs, Dj's, loud competitons and music. If you expect not to see a mosquito, lizard or even an occasional trantula, stay out of the Carribean. The resort provdes OFF Spray, which helped alot. They also spray every night. This is tropical weather, expect critters.
Expect to wait a little bit (30 minutes) for food. It is being prepared personally for you. As mentioned above, if you want the usual resort buffet, this is not the resort for you. Most couples that visit this resort are between 35-65 years old(at least in my opinion). They want peace and quiet and are not there to "party". Once again, If you can not find it in yourself to accept broken English, this is not the place for you. Perhaps travel to Florida Keys.
One final word: Natalia, you simply went completely "over the top" with us. We will be back and we finally found "our place"! We appreciate all your kind employees and from speaking with them, they are pleased to work at this resort. We hated to come home and cant stop speaking of what a wonderful time we had at the resort.
Almost forgot, there was a couple in the breakfast restaurant that ordered a fruit platter and were told that the fruits they wanted were not available but the workers would go get some, however it would take some time. The females insisted they wanted it and then after 45 minutes yelled at JoDanny and inquired if breakfast normally takes this long. Jodanny apologized to them numerous times and the females angerly left the restaurant. What a shame!!!! Maybe they should've thought about that before they ordered and agreed to wait. Rudeness and stupidity reflects ones culture as a whole. Show some respect and kindness when traveling abroad and respresenting your country.
Thanks Zoetry for an AMAZING and UNFORGETTABLE anniversary!!!!! Be back soon!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank brindlebullies
Reviewed October 22, 2010

My husband and I did a split stay of Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana and Zoetry for our annual anniversary reconnect time. We stayed five nights at each resort and I will solely elaborate on Zoetry for this review. We are a couple in our late 30's who travel every October to a new 5 star adults only resort. I was concerned that Zoetry allows children but thankfully we had no issues whatsoever. There were two present during our stay but both were extraordinarily quiet.

As noted in many other reviews, Natalia, the general manager is very hospitable and very hands on. She works incredibly long hours and is always onsite to make sure everything is to your liking. We checked in very early (10am) and our room was ready. We stayed in the king swim out suite of room 2 which I loved. We were literally right next to the main convieniences of the resort. This includes the reception area, the coffee bar (say hi to Carmen who does and excellent job), billiards room, computer room, lobby bar, spa, gym, Olena restaurant and Amaya restaurant. We were roughly a 2-3 minute walk to the beach and Indigo restaurant. I didn't mind not being beach front b/c we wanted quiet and privacy which we received. The staff is truly amazing and you really feel as though they truly care about you and the experience you are given. We were able to really get to know them and learn about their families. You don't usually find that with most resorts.

The beach is gorgeous with plenty of palapas to go around. Food and drink service is offered. There is great snorkeling immediately upon entering the water so even if you are not a strong swimmer you can still enjoy it. There is a hobie cat and kayaks for use. Horseback riding is offered three times a week. You need to make a reservation ahead of time. Upon arriving back from your ride, they offer a bottle of rum and a cd with your picture on both for $25. The restaurants all do a great job. Lobster was frequently on the menu at no surcharge. They offer a beach grill night which is a must do. It rivals an elegant outdoor wedding reception. I had room service for breakfast daily and it was always quick and hot. Laundry service is included and we used it three times with no issues. I loved the aspect of free international calls since we had two little ones at home with the grandparents. We saw the helicopter landing on the beach a few times and it was a site. I would absolutely take advantage of that in the future.

The ladies at the spa did an outstanding job. We had massages twice during our stay with a total of 4 different ladies.

We received a lovely surprise of a cake with Happy Anniversary written on it and were seranaded while we ate at Amaya. I'm hard to surprise, but that did the trick.

There are mosquitos present, however, we purchased the deep woods deet at Target and used on one dab on each wrist and ankle per day and had NO BITES. Those that were using the OFF supplied in the room which only has 5% deet where getting bit.
There are plenty of geckos and frogs everywhere so if you have a huge aversion or fear this may not be the place for you but for everyone else the place is truly amazing!

My husband and I both agreed this was the most relaxed we have ever left on vacation and we will return.

Natalia, hope to see you sooner than later!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank slhb
Reviewed October 13, 2010

My husband and I went here for our honeymoon at the end of September for 7 days. We wanted to give a thorough review on here for anyone planning on going to the Dominican Republic and/or Zoetry Agua.

We could not find any flights into Punta Cana for the day we needed so we flew to Santo Domingo. We had previously booked a ride to the resort through Amstar, which I would highly recommend if you need a ride, and they were there waiting on us as soon as we got off the plane. Two guys had a big sign with our name on it so they were easy to spot. The man who drove spoke little English but the other one spoke very fluent English. It was a nice extended Yukon with leather seats. From Santo Domingo, the drive is about 3 hours so we wanted something comfortable. Let me just say that the way people drive there is not like in America at all. There are no speed limits and they drive much more aggressively. With that said, he was probably a much better driver than anyone in the U.S. as well. It was a nice experience driving through the towns and seeing the sites on the way to the resort.

When we arrived to Zoetry Agua, we were immediately greeted by the staff and welcomed with a flavored ice tea. Everyone was very friendly. As we were being taken to our room, we realized we were being taken upstairs and we had booked a first floor room with a private pool. We were told to hang around in that room for a few minutes while the mix up was looked into. After only waiting for 10 minutes, we were called and told that our room had been double booked. Acknowledging that it was their mistake, we were offered another suite with a private pool. It was not beach front but it was absolutely beautiful. We want to give a huge thanx to Carlos who was so accommodating to make that happen.

The resort itself was the most beautiful resort I have ever seen and was definitely paradise. Every single staff member was very welcoming and friendly. My husband and I know some spanish but there was never a language-barrier issue. In fact, we had more fun having them teach us more spanish. Almost all of the staff members speak enough English to hold a good conversation. Here are other issues other reviewers had mentioned that we wanted to address:

Restaurants:
There are 3 restaurants at Zoetry Agua and 2 are always open for breaklast/lunch/dinner. Our favorite was the one on the beach next to the main pool. We enjoyed the food but by our 5th or 6th day, the choices on the menu became redundant. We also enjoyed the 24 hour room service and used it several times. They are decently prompt with bringing the food to your room and it was always wonderful. The resort is all inclusive but they do appreciate tips.

Mosquitos:
We did not encounter too much of a problem with mosquitos. The only night they seemed to be bad were right after it had rained and we were eating dinner outside at one of the restaurants. Other than that, we never had to use the Off spray they supply in the rooms.

Air-Conditioning:
We honestly did not have any problems with the air. We noticed that it would never get as low as we set it but it was always extremely comfortable. Stayed around 72 degrees F.

Pros:
* The resort is absolutely beautiful. It was very relaxing. The resort blended in well with all the nature.
* Everyone was beyond helpful and friendly. Always smiling.
* Even though the resort was at 60% capacity when we arrived, there was plenty of space for everyone around the resort. There was never a problem with getting chairs or a hammock on the beach (which was my favorite).
* The beach rental equipment was readily available and had unlimited use. We did not think it was available because nobody was using it until we asked. The 2 person kayak was great!
* The horse back riding on the beach was great! It's free for a 1 time (unless you pay more) 40 min tour with about 8 couples. If you want to do this, make sure you book a class as soon as you get there because they fill up quick! The horses are not quite as big as American horses and some could have been considered underweight but most were plenty healthy for riders.
* The beach was breath taking and always clean around the resort. (If you walk way down the beach away from the resort that changes).
* We never did use the spa but heard it was wonderful.

Cons:
* Food was excellent and cooked to perfection, but the menu could change every couple days to give some variety. (however we don't eat seafood either.)
* Our private pool was great but it would not stay filled like the other private pools on the beach did. The beach private pools seemed to be more taken care of. (Maybe because they were seen easier.) We had to call several times to have someone come check our pool. They finally got it to where it would not constantly drain on the last day we were there.
* The nature part of the resort is beautiful but remember there are some loud creatures at night.

Overall, we had an excellent honeymoon! The little kinks will get better with time since this is still a very new resort but we would highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a relaxing vacation.

A few shout outs to some of our favorite staff members who made our trip very memorable: Carlos who worked at the front desk and always made sure we were happy, Alejandra who worked in the restaurants and always greeted us with a huge smile, and Kenny the bartender who made the best drinks (amazing fruit punch).

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rabrown0910
Reviewed October 13, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Zoetry for our honeymoon at the end of September. We picked it because of its small size and excellent reviews. We stayed in a beach front, second level room and it was amazing. Overall we absolutely loved our honeymoon but there were some things that we felt needed to be noted and the good definitely overweighed the bad.

The Good:
Carlos greeted us at the front desk with a smile and true hospitality. He showed us around the beautiful resort and got us settled into our room. That is one of the many areas that this resort excels in: customer service. My husband and I felt like family and we really loved all the employees at this resort. Most of the time we felt like the only couple at the resort and that was very nice and relaxing.
The food was out of this world!! Everything we had was delicious. All three restaurants and room service had great food and great service (most notable Jordana). We really enjoyed the Coco cafe as well.
Our room was beautiful and the bed was very comfortable. We had nothing to complain about there at all.
Our mini fridge was stocked and our room was cleaned daily to our liking.
The beach was well maintained and there were always plenty of chairs, towels and wonderful servers bringing whatever you wanted to drink.

The bad:
After all of the great reviews my husband and I were really looking forward to meeting Natalia, however we only exchanged passing pleasantries as she seemed really busy.
Since it was the rainy season, it rained three out of five days on our trip (not the resorts fault) but we sometimes found ourselves slightly board. We wanted to swim in the pools and snorkel and go horseback riding, but we didn't get to do any of those things.
Because of all of the rain and collected groundwater our toilet backed up and our bathroom smelled HORRIBLE. We opened the window and kept that door shut. We did tell the front desk, but I'm sure there just wasn't much they could do about it.
Also, during really hard rain our thatched roof would leak. This wasn't annoying unless we were trying to sleep and there was constant dripping.
There was some construction on the decks for the second story rooms’ right outside our room during the day. This did not go on early in the morning or late at night, but we did often want to take an afternoon nap and found the hammering to be annoying.
Now, I blame the travel agent for this not Zoetry, but we came down with the impression we were getting a 200 dollar spa credit and that was not the case. We got a booklet of a couple of coupons for various things that couldn't be used at the same time, etc, etc. We ended up not taking advantage of any of those coupons.
The bugs were the absolute worst part of the trip. I am from the south and deal with mosquitoes all the time, but I came home looking like I had the Measles. It really was just about unbearable.

I know it seams like a lot of bad, but my husband and I really did enjoy our stay at Zoetry and felt like if we had hit it at another time not during the rainy season, many of our gripes would have been non existent. If you like a quiet resort with superior customer service then this is the perfect place for you. I am confidant that Zoetry is unmatched in many areas including customer service, fine dining and the Zen atmosphere of their resort. We hope to make it back in the future.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
ZoetryAguaGM, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2010

Dear guest,

Thank you for posting you review and sharing your experience at Zoetry Agua. I am glad you had so many positive things to say about the resort and that you had such a great time.

About the not so positive, I am sorry that the weather did not cooperate through out your stay and the inconveniences it imposed on both your room and the activities. What you perceived as "construction" was actually the repairs for the damages the rain caused in our walkways, we did however arrange for their working schedule to be as little invasive as possible. Please accept our apologies for the disturbance it caused, but it is mainly a security issue which is for us a great priority.
As for the mosquitoes, we are doing our best to keep them controlled during rainy-season when they are at their peak, we invenst not only economical resources but work closely with a specialist that is helping us reduce their impact.

I am sorry we did not get to meet personally, I do my best to keep up meeting and spending time with all guests. However, as flattered as I am to have you look forward to meet in person, you actually did "meet me" as I am everywhere: in the staff you enjoyed so much, in the food you found to be delicious, in the attention to detail in your room, in the relaxed atmosphere and your feeling of being "at home" amongst friends.

We would really like to welcome you back, with lots of sunshine!! Please, do not hesitate to contact me directly at info.zoapc@zoetryresorts.com if I can be of assistance in organizing a return trip and giving you compensation for any of the inconveniences you encountered.

All our best regards,