We returned from GBPCL on 02.18 and we've already booked our 3rd trip. We absolutely love the natural beauty and the quiet atmosphere. The staff are very friendly and work very hard for the money, don't forget to tip!
We actually prefer staying in the hotel (superior junior suite). Personally, we don't mind the low lighting in the rooms. Oddly, we really like the layout with the window to the bathroom...you still have privacy where needed! No problems with charging laptops or wifi connections. The 3rd floor had a direct walkout, no need to go through the lobby to the pools/beaches. Instead of calling room service for ice...just take your ice bucket to the bar.
Tip: Take a raft (float) for the pools. We paid $16.00 for one small raft. The water sports area at the beach can inflate the raft for you.
We love the quiet pool - very relaxing. It's designed for a peaceful reading retreat, with quiet music playing in the background. It's great that most people respect its purpose - mostly adults. The lower / beach pool is better suited for children. We were a little bit surprised at the number of "phantom" guests that reserved loungers at the upper pool. It wasn't really a problem as they always had loungers available. However, the prime spots always seemed to be reserved by people that rarely appeared. The hotel is not to blame, but they should discourage this practice for the sake of other guests. It's great to see that the pool bars are now serving premium brand liquor. Previously, only the lobby bar offered "premium" drinks.
Once again, we found the food/selection to be great. We didn't have any problems with cold food, as noted in a couple of reviews. We didn't visit the specialty restaurants, as we don't like being on a schedule. The buffet always had a great selection available. The pool bar/restaurant is great for lunch. They make the best little wrap sandwiches, we loved them.
The beaches are lovely. Even at full capacity, the beaches aren't crowded due to the layout of the resort. It's a far cry from the resorts where you have to be up at the crack of dawn to find a lounger. They also have a good deal of shade (if needed), due to the lovely palms throughout the resort.
The humpback whale tour through Hola Tours was amazing. If visiting from mid/late January through mid/late March, you should really try to book this tour. Warning: do not book the tour if you suffer from motion sickness. We had a number of people on our boat that had to make use of the sick bags that were handed out at the start of the tour. Be prepared to get very wet! They provided rain slickers, but we still got soaked.
Overall, our second trip was just as great as our first. We met some great people from England, U.S. and Canada. We're looking forward to our next visit in May.
Feel free to email if you have any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 pools 3 Jacuzzis with bar Large sun terrace and gardens with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 1 tennis court Motorised water sports (additional charge) Store Heliport WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) Main buffet-style restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 6 Bars Cocktail Lounge Snack-bar Wedding gazebo Rooms 209 rooms including 5 types Superior, Junior Suite, Superior Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite and Beach Villas. Superior Junior Suites, Deluxe Junior Suites and Beach Villas are larger than the Junior Suite and Superior. Room facilities: King size four poster bed Air conditioning Ceiling fan Sitting area with desk Balcony or terrace Fully-equipped marble bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, separate shower, bidet, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Telephone in bathroom Don Pablo Collection amenities Bathrobe and slippers Radio alarm clock with iPod docking station Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Flat screen satellite TV Safe Mini-bar with alcoholic drinks Wifi Coffee-making facilities Ironing set 24 hour room service Evening downturn service Outdoor Jacuzzi (Deluxe Junior Suites) Butler service Pillow menu Aroma menu Beach Villas: Seafront location with outdoor Jacuzzi, pillow menu available on request, baggage unpacking and ironing service, laundry service (optional) Other services Medical and pharmacy service (additional charge for both) Stores in the hotel Heliport and private boat (available on request for an additional charge) Mainland reception and transfer by boat (included in the booking fee) Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Travelocity.ca and Agoda so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Hotel
- Cayo Levantado Samana
- Cayo Levantado Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado
- Cayo Levantado Hotel Samana