My daughter and I returned on April 17 after spending a fun filled week .Flight with West Jet was excellent ,on time and the crew was great.especially Tony for his valued info. Check in went very efficiently and were in our rooms within minutes .
Our hotel room was seaview on 400 level, very clean,maid service good and frig well stocked daily. We tipped the maid daily. We were not bothered by the lobby staff trying to sell time share. There was an invitation under our door, chose not to go.
Buffet restaurant was better than average. Food was presented well at the a la carte restaurants, salmon and shrimp at the Orequeida was excellent, as well as the lobster at El Pescador. Service at the Dolce Vita was slow and people who arrived last were served first, Things got a little mixed uo at times. They tried hard.
Barcardi Island trip would have been great if it didn't rain so hard, our clothes were saturated
Pineapple drinks hit the spot $5. ea and the flea market had some good deals. Beautiful beach and well worth the $20.00.
Animation staff worked long hours and there was lots of things to do if you wanted to take part. Went to a few shows, some of the costumes could use some updating, all in all not bad.
The beach was nice, not large but very dissapointed with the trash that was floating in, after that the pool was more inviting. The beach cleanup staff were kept very busy . Does not reflect well on Gran Bahia Principe Chain.
The bar staff were very friendy, especially Angel and Manuel. All the staff in general were very pleasant and helpful.
We took the hotel shuttle and went down the hill to Samana.Greeted by a young man, who became our guide, made sure we were kept safe in the stores and crossing the streets, picked up some souvenirs and shopped at the local grocery store for coffee and vanilla.
Don't be discouraged by the stairs the shuttle will pick up and drop off very quickly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: Main pool with Jacuzzi surrounded by a sun terrace 3 beachside hydromassage tubs Loungers, sun umbrellas and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) Wedding gazebo Buffet-style main restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 bars, cocktail lounge, chill out zone, 1 snack bar Sports facilities: gym Pueblo Principe: Shopping and leisure mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars and disco. Rooms: 295 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Standard with Sea View, Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror. Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Terrace WiFi (additional charge) Junior Suite: sitting area, sofa-bed and ironing set Club Golden Junior Suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Park Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Auditorium for corporate meetings Panoramic lifts Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Samana