“Romantic setting with large portions”
Review of Laluna

Ranked #8 of 68 Restaurants in St. George's
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Caribbean, Italian, International, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Laluna´s intimate environment of the thatched roof dining room restaurant opens directly onto the beach, offering guests a romantic view of the bay. Our intimate size, with a seating capacity for only 48 diners, will provide the perfect ambiance for guests to experience the tempting dishes prepared by our Italian Chef. The organic garden provides fresh vegetables that chef uses for his daily specialties.The sunset bar and lounge is the perfect setting to relax and unwind at the end of the day, offering daily HAPPY HOUR 5-7pm. Live music every Sunday from 5-8pm with Urban and Friends
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

We ate here for breakfasts & several dinners during our weeklong stay at the resort. There are seats right by the edge of the restaurant and the view of the ocean is breathtaking. At breakfast hummingbirds fly nearby the flowers and add to the pretty view when waiting for your meal.

The prices are not cheap by any means but you do get your money's worth for items such as the breakfast sandwich (delish and the size of two sandwiches, I think!). I ordered omelettes which come with bread and, as a tip, they have brown bread so ask for that if you prefer. The jam is the local nutmeg jelly, nutmeg jam & guava spread. The servers answered any questions we had and helped us in a reasonable timeframe during our meals there. At breakfast there is fresh juice and it's different each day. We had passion fruit, cantaloupe, guava, soursop & pineapple and it was all FRESHLY squeezed!

For dinner we were in love with the octopus salad. Nice salad dressing sauce with fresh octopus and big enough to share! Had the mains of seafood spaghetti, Thai curry rice noodles & specials of the day which were lobster ravioli, prosciutto & pea risotto, shrimp pesto pasta. The portions were really HUGE and although pricey you do get your money's worth! All these dishes we had were very delicious with the risotto special, Thai curry rice noodles and the shrimp pasta special the best of what we tried.

Get the delicious Nespresso coffee with your dessert because I will be honest with you that the best part is yet to come. Has anyone on TripAdvisor written anything about the Laluna restaurant profiteroles?? Profiteroles are not a dessert you always find on restaurant menu so I have them when I can in my city since I do love them. Usually you can a few small ones on a plate 3 maximum when you are out at other restaurants. At Laluna Restaurant there are 4 profiteroles of a good size on the plate and the fresh spice of nutmeg is infused in them paired with the delicious chocolate sauce & cold ice cream. They are soooo delicious and truthfully the best I have ever tried anywhere.

Yes we did go out to try four other restaurants for dinner in the area during our week stay so we didn't just eat at the resort. Yes, this restaurant is at the bottom of the hill & by car you wind down the road to get to this restaurant but the secluded location is beautiful here and only adds to the hidden gem experience. We were happy that Laluna restaurant was the one at our resort as we enjoyed the food and atmosphere.

I miss those delicious profiteroles!

Reviewed 5 May 2017

This recommended 'italian' restaurant gave particularly poor value for money with terrible wine and mediocre food for, in total, £100 for two. The fettuccine ragu turned out to be fusilli with a thin sauce, and I could have cooked that better at home, where my wife would at least have served it with a smile.

Sadly, the least impressive meal we have had during this lovely stay on Grenada.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Lovely relaxed atmosphere and dinner here.
Very fresh pasta and cocktails
Less is more , laid back atmosphere and un rushed

Reviewed 26 April 2017

Came a shore from our boat and after enjoying the beach we had some drinks at the bar, followed by lunch of fresh fish with salad and chips. Wonderful!

Reviewed 16 April 2017

On our vacation in Grenada, we had decided to check out every restaurant that made the top 10 list on Tripadvisor. We had Laluna on our last night and it was a mediocre experience.

We drove to the location and it's pretty out of the way. We had somewhat of a hard time navigating to the location even with Google maps and a Garmin GPS (we downloaded the Grenada Map).

The restaurant's decor itself wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Service here was pretty slow and subpar (maybe because we're from New York) but one thing that was pretty awful was how they allowed smokers to smoke within the restaurant. You could tell a lot of the other guests were annoyed at this even though it was outdoors.

The food was okay, but i would totally recommend the Pappardelle Laluna. You could tell that the pasta was freshly made and it was absolutely delicious. Wife ordered that and I ordered the Tagliata. Much to my dismay, they had already precut the rib eye and i was so disappointed and dissatisfied with this particular dish. I showed a picture to my friends back in the states and they laughed, and i quote "wtf, did they think you were a baby and cut your steak for you?!". To that i responded with shame, especially since this dish was $29 USD.

I couldn't really recommend this restaurant for the price and location. If you do come here, i think the safe bet would be the freshly made pasta as opposed to anything else.