“Nice restaurant but not as expected”

Ranked #22 of 72 Restaurants in St. George's
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2017 via mobile

We went to this Restaurant on 30th March with my husband for dinner for my birthday.
The restaurant was nice but when we were given the menu we were quite surprised as it offered a rather narrow choice & didn't have any of the items we had read on the reviews.
So we just had to settle with what they were offering.
For my starter I chose a vegetable muse and my husband had green beans & chick pease salad which came with rocket. Unfortunately the small muse that was served as a starter was totally tasteless & very disappointing. My husband's salad was just ok.
For my main meal I ordered fried shrimp & my husband had fish of the day. I was hoping at least my main meal prove to be better than my starter. But I was quite surprised to see that it included only 5 shrimps and little steamed vegetable. In a way what was served as the main meal was just good enough as a starter rather than the main meal !!!!
At least my husband's fish was a bit better than my meal. As far as the service was concerned they were very attentive and various people kept coming and asking whether everything was ok!!!
At the end while we were waiting to get the menu to order a desert they brought a small chocolate birthday cake for me which was nice.
Overall we felt while the service was good, the food was not up to the standard of a top restaurant and the price of US$235 for such tiny portions was excessive.

1  Thank Sima M

Reviewed March 27, 2017

We sat in the "tent" overlooking the wonderful beach at Oliver's in the Spice Island Beach Resort We had a light lunch which was excellent and the service was impeccable. This is an upscale hotel, probably the best on the island. It is somewhere we might stay next time. It has a calm and quiet atmosphere.

Reviewed March 15, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is absolutely wonderful. I had the roast beef for my main and it was the best roast dinner I've ever had outside of the UK. I couldn't fault anything. The service, the food and the wine was all fantastic. An experience I will never forget.

1  Thank goldengirlgoldie
Reviewed March 3, 2017 via mobile

This lovely hotel hosts a fine restaurant that we returned to 3 times. The prix fix menu, about $80, offered 4 courses of superb selections. This is a special chef. The service was attentive and in one occasion they went an extra mile to help one of our party. Family-owned and elegant - this hotel should not be missed.

1  Thank Barbara Z
Reviewed February 13, 2017

Dining beachside in this elegant Spice Island Resort is a treat. Lovely for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Local food with a delicious twist plus plenty of favorites from international style foods. Great waitstaff. Beautiful location.