“Location and ambience set this restaurant apart”

The Aquarium Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 73 Restaurants in St. George's
Price range: US$17 - US$65
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Expanded and refurbished in September 2009, The Aquarium Restaurant has a stylish yet relaxed atmosphere, right on Magazine Beach with stunning ocean views. Fresh cocktails or lunch under palm trees, fine dining, relaxed lounging… a breezy dining room with two seawater aquariums, bamboo railings and leather couches, a river-stone lounge bar with funky rattan furniture, a new Koi-pond and waterfall from the natural cliff. Local fish carvings and 3D paintings reflect the tropical underwater scenery.
Reviewed July 24, 2018

This was a celebration dinner after a week of sailing. Grotto style is very cool. Turtles swimming in the pools at the entrance. Steps to the beach. Our drinks were good, but anything with ice after a week on a sailboat would have been heavenly. Food was just so-so. Service was painfully slow and there were long gaps at the table between sitting, ordering drinks, then ordering appetizers, then drinks arriving, then ordering entrees. Seems like at every restaurant that we went to in Grenada we had to ask for the check to be brought, but perhaps this is the style in Grenada unlike the US where we live and you are always being rushed out the door so they can turn the table.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

We went for the BBQ and the music on a Sunday afternoon. It was quite popular and busy in all areas of the restaurant. You walk down a flight of steps to get into the restaurant and pass by an open aquarium full of turtles. It's very colorful and full of island art. While it's all open air, some of it is actually out on a deck directly over the beach. It's a stunning view. The lounge area is on this deck also where the band plays.

The food was very good. We tried a variety of things including bbq ribs, steak, fish in foil (grouper) and shrimp. It was all great. We also shared a chocolate dessert which had cake and ice cream and the famous island chocolates. It was huge and definitely something to share with the table. While we didn't try it, we saw several of the house "bomb cakes" go by. They are really colorful and pretty and another one you would share due to size.

The service was a bit slow. Not sure if it was because of the busyness of the day or just the island time we witnessed most places. It wasn't the worst, but it did cause our drinks to arrive not frozen as they were billed. We adjusted and ordered beer and wine next so all was good.

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

great atmosphere, delicious food and amazing drinks! service was a little slow but the whole island seems to be a little laid back so knowing that, it was good.

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

The website says they open at 11. I arrived around 11:30. I walked in & the employees were getting things ready for the day in the darkened restaurant. As I approached I asked if the restaurant was open, yes it was. I was told I could sit any where. I chose a great table right by the beach. I was brought a menu & told the kitchen was ready so food orders couldn’t be placed until 12. I was able to order a drink then & waitress returned at 11:52 to take my food order. The view is amazing. I really enjoyed the view! The food & drinks were also very good. The service was not up to par for the location or food provided.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

I went here with a friend to grab lunch on the way to the more popular Grand Anse, but the vibe and beach were so nice we stayed for hours! Sunday BBQ at The Aquarium is a must do; great music, people and food.