1,746 results
All reviews spring break english speakers anne activity club
Reviewed March 24, 2017

Our check in here started off our weeklong stay with what is the norm. A mass mob at the check in desk with no cue whatsoever. They served who ever elbowed there way to the front in no particular order. After an hour long check in with a circled unit number on a printed map we made our way to the security check in, only to be screamed at in French by the guard about hanging the placard from the mirror. Thank God it was in French or we may have had a confrontation. So we did hang the placard at that point after playing charades with the parking permit. So now on in another gate only to find NO PARKING !!!!! ALL spaces were taken. So now back to the screaming guard. So we had to park outside along the road after dropping wife and baggage at the unit. A rental car is an absolute must when staying here. It is in the middle between St Francois and St Anne just off the main road. The unit was fine, except that the "new" beds were so hard that it required 3 IBrofin to sleep without pain every night. We had no hot water the first night. A call to the desk provided no help. No French. The maids were able to turn it on in the AM with a charade game. The maids were wonderful. Now for the pools and beaches. They were nice. Look no further than the many groups of French tourists who were NOT guests using the facilities. There is a road next to the hotel that even has free parking for the non-guests to use the beach chairs, pools and palapas. What happens is the local "Gite" operators send their clients to the beach with all the free amenities. So I paid for a beachfront resort and had to wait for an open chair while someone who paid for a "Gite" used the amenities. We paid for the "Half Board" and ate in the Instant Creole for breakfast and dinner. So once again we were treated to the MOB effect that was in full view at the buffet. I just don't like getting a plate shoved into my back while getting a salad. I don't understand the mentality that says, if I don't get that free dinner roll, someone is going to die !!! As for the food, we don't eat horse meat, but I guess they like it. Just not my taste. The fish was outstanding each night from the grill. After being berated in French by the grill chef for wanting 2 pieces of fish at one time, I quickly learned to take one, and then come back if I wanted another. I have never been berated in French, but I am glad in was in French, otherwise I may have reacted a little differently. So we ate salad and grilled fish for 6 nights. They did have nice signs at a few of the warmers, but in French, so it would have been a crap shoot as to what you were getting. At lunch ONCE we had a pizza. It was great if you like a cracker crust, ketchup and cheese. I don't so in the trash that went. We drove out on the main HWY to Panchos Grill for BBQ, which was good. If you are in any way mobility challenged, DO NOT STAY HERE. You must be able to walk up and down hills for everything. We had a ground floor so I don't know if there are elevators. The pools had many children swimming without swimmies. I found that disgusting and did not even put a toe in either pool. I have noticed that at the end of each review someone from the hotel in perfect English responds to each. I wish that person would have been available at the hotel, not on TripAdvisor. To me that's crass to treat Americans the way we were treated, then have the gall to respond here as if it was the travelers fault. My position is, DON'T SELL ROOMS TO AMERICANS IF YOU DON'T WANT THEM AT YOUR PLACE !!!!

Room Tip: Heres a tip-Find a Place that Values their guests patronage, because this isn't one
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
RelationClientPVR, The team at Pierre & Vacances Village Sainte-Anne, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much you for sharing your experience with the trip advisor users.We are however very sorry to read that your stay at our residence did not meet your expectations and you were especially disappointed with the service and facilities. We deeply regret if you felt unwelcome by our staff. This was certainly not our intention as we are truly honored to receive guests from all countries. We take serious note of your comments about the language barrier and we will take this with us in our evaluation.

We hope to have another chance to improve your family´s experience in one of our residences in the future.

Best regards,

Pierre & Vacances´ team

Reviewed March 16, 2017 via mobile

The hotel grounds are absolutely amazing. Wonderful coastline and beach. Nice enough restaurants onsite. The room was a little worn and dated but served its purpose. It looked like there was a higher end section but we were not staying in that part.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 780scottm
RelationClientPVR, Team Pierre & Vacances at Pierre & Vacances Village Sainte-Anne, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2017

Dear Scott,

Thank you for sharing your post with the Tripadvisor community.

We are happy to read that you and your family appreciated your stay at our residence. It is a real pleasure to know you had a great time exploring the palm-fringed beach area and different restaurants.

Hoping to welcome you back for another relaxing holiday.

Team Pierre & Vacances

Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

We joined my family from metropolitan France in this little corner of paradise and had a wonderful time. Gorgeous setting, perfect weather, friendly staff and delicious food. We can't wait to go back!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
RelationClientPVR, the team at Pierre & Vacances Village Sainte-Anne, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2017

Dear Sylvie,
We would like to thank you for sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor community
We are really flattered to read that you had such a good experience in our residence,
and specially happy with your nice comments towards our friendly and helpful staff!
The white sandy beaches with it´s coconut palms are waiting for you to come back to this paradise for another great family holiday!
Kind regards
Pierre & Vacances Village´s Team

Reviewed March 8, 2017

We visited Spring break 2016. I am writing this a year later so it may not be absolutely current, but I have received so much help and good information on this site from other travelers that I thought I would return the favor.

We are an American family of four with two teenaged children. None of us speak more than very rudimentary French, and we did not find many English speakers during our trip. The staff at the hotel do speak a little English, but it is a French island and caters primarily to a French speaking population (it was our impression in general while on the island that cultivating American tourism was not actively sought). We did not find the staff particularly welcoming. Getting towels is an ordeal and the person was not friendly. We wondered if it was because we didn't speak French and/or whether we were Americans, we didn't know. At one point I got a cup from a water cooler in the lobby and started to get a drink of water and a staff person snapped at me and said not to take water from there. Apparently that water cooler was off limits to guests.

The grounds of the hotel and the beach area are very pretty, nicely landscaped, and are the highlight of the whole resort. There are two separate beach areas, you can walk from one to the other, and they are a short walk down from the main area where the pool is. There is a bit of surf, the water is great for swimming. The pools are nice enough, nothing special, although the larger pool seemed like it could have been cleaner. We had a one-bedroom apartment with two additional twin beds in the living area. It had an outside kitchen and balcony, which was nice for sitting in the evening. The apartment was very clean and well-attended. Our A/C worked well although we turned it off and opened the doors at night. The housekeeping came every day. One thing to know: there is very little parking at night the lot was always over capacity with cars being parked up into the landscaping.

We had breakfast at the resort every day. The breakfast fare was pretty much always the same and it is somewhat no-frills. I had one meal in the evening with my son and the food was really not good. We opted to go to Saint-Francois almost every night for dinner, where you can find many great local restaurants.

The entertainment at the hotel didn't seem inviting to us and was all in French, so we didn't attend much of it. A few times they had some local drummers come to perform, that was nice.

I probably enjoyed the trip more than my husband and children did, they felt that the hotel was a bit isolated, especially at night. There is one pool table by the bar, but not much else for older kids. In addition, the apartment itself was a little walk to get to the hotel main lobby, so it does feel like you are away from any kind of hub. We did day trips and generally stayed out every evening.

Highlights of our trip were visiting MemorialACTe museum, and hiking La Soufriere.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
RelationClientPVR, the team at Pierre & Vacances Village Sainte-Anne, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2017

Dear guest,
First of all we´d like to thank you for sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor community.
We are very sorry to read you had a mixed experience during your stay in our park.
Especially your comments about our staff not being friendly and helpful hurts because we consider our service to our guests as one of our most valuable assets. You can be sure we will use this feedback to improve on that performance.
On the other site we do like your positive comments regarding the cleanliness of our comfortable apartments.
The beautiful beach area of our resort is indeed ideal for enjoying a host of activities in the water sports area, including paddle board, kayaking, and surf.
However, your satisfaction being our priority, we sincerely hope you that you look back on an overall pleasant family break. We would be truly happy to welcoming you again in one of our residences in Europe.

Pierre & Vacances'Team

Reviewed February 8, 2017 via mobile

We booked and spent our vacation at Pierre & Vacances. We do travel a lot, 3-4 islands per year on average so we have experience with hotel and resorts. We're from the US and speak French very well. The resort is located a bit East of St Anne, it offers multiple pools, beaches, restaurant, shop, and others. There are few activities each day (dance lesson, ping pong, Zumba class, etc...) they try to keep customers animated but we did not take any of their activities.
We booked via Expedia and got a 'Premium' room. Here are some feedbacks based on our experience.
There are a lot of families here, most from France (it's a French island). We did not meet any Americans nor Canadians. Upon arrival, the reception gave us the keys and showed us on a map our unit. Not other information were given to us. We did not received any pool towels and we had to ask for it. We went to the buffet restaurant, they were charging 30-50Euro, not only the food selection was a joke, but all the buffet plates were empty and they were not replenishing them. We decided to eat next to the restaurant to a snack bar instead, price was reasonable for some chicken and pizza.
The rooms they call 'premium' are far from the US standard 'Premium'. Every rooms are outdated but clean, but smelled the humidity. Thé AC did not work well, either too cold or too hot, the fan made a lot of noise. The TV had about 5-6 French channels and very blurry reception. There are no shampoo, no conditioner, no soap, nothing! The maid missed a day to make our room, then another day she forgot to replenish rolls of toilet paper, we had to ask the front desk, another day she did not give any towels and we had to call the front desk 2-3x. They provide coffee machine, hot pot, fridge, microwave, but you have to buy the coffee, the filter, the cleaning soap, trash bag, etc. No sample coffee nor soap were provided.
The wifi internet is a joke, it did not work in the evening nor day time, it works slow when everybody sleep (ie. 4am). Since the router is in the room closet, i reseted it, it worked a bit better but after a day, same issue. If you plan using the internet, go elsewhere.
A major issue happen to us. We had a rental car and someone stole our 4 wheel caps at night in the hotel parking. The hotel has security but nothing in US norm. We let the hotel know about our issue and filled up a form. An Indian lady at the reception did not even care and told us someone from the management would contact us, for 3 days nobody contacted us. The lady did it even apologized and putting the blame on us. We escalated to the General Manager of the hotel and got his apologies and help. We had to go to the Gendarmery (Police) to fill more forms, we spend 2 days on this issue instead of spending a good vacation time.
Another time, I needed some changes (break a 50Euro with 20's and 10). Reception had nothing and sent me to the bar and bar could not help and send me to hotel shop, the lady there was so mean, no respect toward customers, she said no change, same w restaurant, so basically no one could help. Hotel will do very minimal to help you, you are basically better doing everything on your own rather than counting on hotel staffs. The only good help we got is from the General Manager of the hotel (about our wheel cap stolen).
In US standard, I would rate the hotel customer service and hotel room a 2/5. The beach and pool 3/5. The restaurant 2/5.
I hope the hotel reads customer comments and improve their customer service.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Scenic16132
RelationClientPVR, The Team at Pierre & Vacances Village Sainte-Anne, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2017

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at the Sainte-Anne Holiday Village with the Tripadvisor community.

We feel sorry that your expectations of your holiday did not meet you and your family´s needs and wishes.

Taking good note of your remarks, we recommend you to contact the reception of the hotel whenever you face issues concerning your stay, the apartments or the services. Our personal will be pleased to help you immediately. Regarding the Wi-Fi you probably had “basic” and not the “full”, this is an option you can book specific.

We are especially sorry to hear about your problematic case with the stolen wheel cap, but we are glad to hear that the General Manager could help you.
We would appreciate having a new chance to welcome you and your family and build you a fully positive experience in the Holiday Village with the great water park, the garden, the beach on the Pointe du Helleux or the Deep Nature Spa.

Pierre & Vacances'Team