Lowest prices for your stay
US$62
Free cancellation until 21-05-14
Hotels.comUS$40
eDreamsUS$62
Agoda.comUS$62
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 9, 2019

My stay was unusual in that it coincided with a period of civil disturbance in Haiti, which meant it was difficult to go out. Also shops and attractions were closed at times and some hotel meals were not available. consequently I spent more time than would have been the case in the hotel. It provides clean comfortable accommodation at a reasonable price as described in previous reviews. However the most noteworthy feature of my stay was the help provided my the owner/manager and family as I had to change my plans. It was with this assistance that I was able to book a plane ticket as my original plans to catch a bus became unrealistic, but the highlight was the owner making a (very nice) sandwich himself as I had not been able to get to the supermarket on time. True hospitality,

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed March 9, 2018

We truly enjoyed our lunch and visit in the Park Hotel. The current pictures does not do it justice since it has been very well renovated since the photos was taken. The Assad's family has done an outstanding job renovating this historical building. We highly recommend this hotel and restaurant to anybody wanting to visit Port-au-Prince.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

Park Hotel offers an excellent accommodation option for budget travelers. It is centrally located in the downtown within walking distance to the museum and cathedral. Philip was a great host and made me feel very much welcomed. His driver Eric provided transportation from/to the airport for a reasonable price. As I had requested, Philip had arranged a guide for me to visit the markets and downtown areas. The staff was very hospitable too. They assisted me with finding places and making phone calls. It was a great experience and I would definitely recommend Park Hotel to future travelers for an authentic stay in Port-au-Prince!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed April 2, 2017 via mobile

The Park Hotel is very affordable and the perfect home away from home in a bustling city. I came here while traveling alone thru Haiti and was so well cared for by Philip and his staff. He was very responsive to my questions before arriving, and even found someone who could teach me about Vodou after I expressed interest. I spent half my time with that guide, the other half getting a tour of the mountains with Philip. Philip is friendly, speaks fluent English, and so accommodating. Ask him to tell you about his basil garden and the fruit trees he's planted on the grounds of his family hotel.

The hotel itself is simple, and comfortable. The front building is over 100 years old, while the rest seem to have been built in the 50s or so. Breakfast in their restaurant is typical -- eggs, toast, coffee, juice -- and affordable for $6. It's also well located next to the Champs de Mars and La Terrace, a wonderful restaurant (Dishes range from $10-17 and are a step above traditional tourist fair -- try the creole shrimp or grilled fish).

I can't recommend the Park Hotel highly enough.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Julianabritto
Reviewed February 6, 2016

This lovely old rambling hotel has lots of character and soul and this coupled with excellent and friendly service from both the staff and Philippe the proprietor makes up for the fact that the hotel is need of some TLC (which they are providing as they upgrade over time). The rooms are basic but clean and this makes up for the faded grandeur.
A wonderful sparkling swimming pool was an excellent treat after a day out exploring.
Lovely shaded and comfortable spots to sit and use the internet or to enjoy a beer.
A long driveway with a locked gate provides a feeling of security and safety and this was evident for me when there was a demonstration on the streets as a manifesto was delivered at the Champ de Mars across the road.

Room tip: A room next to the pool is great
Date of stay: January 2016