Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TravelocityUS$135
Orbitz.comUS$135
Hotels.comUS$135
CheapTicketsUS$135
TripadvisorUS$135
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 30, 2020

It's sad to know that Satama hotel, is the only Resort in Haiti that refuses to work with guests who are affected by this covid pandemic. While awaiting for our mandatory COVID test results and authorization to fly back home and to be allowed back into our country, which by the way is very tedious and an annoying process due to the unorganized Haitian hospital laboritory systems. We made a last minute reservation while at the resort during the Christmas holiday to secure a place to stay as well as change our flights while we waited. Fortunately for us, we finally got a response from the laboratory as well as authorization to fly back home around 1am the following day from when we booked the additional nights at the resort. We immediately changed back our flights to checkout that morning and the airlines were very understanding and willing to work with us at no additional costs. We reached out to hotel management and they refused to give a refund as well as issue a credit for the unused nights and although their policy states that if within penalty only one night would be forfeited. We booked 3 additional nights and forfeited all 3. That there is robbery, especially when we have friends and family that are booked to stay with them the entire trip, it was just unfortunate that we had prior engagements and had to get back home.

During a pandemic as such it is evident that there are and will be more frequent last minute changes to bookings and stays and it saddens me to know that they could careless to what the situation is. Working in the hotel and sales industry for years, I understand that once a room is held from inventory and unused during a busy period, it is revenue that they could have generated, however in a situation where it was nearly impossible to ensure that we get authorization to leave the country and the uncertainties with the hospital laboratories, I think a credit should be offered for the unused nights for future travels.

This was my first time at this resort and although beautiful, if you are unsure about traveling due to covid and looking for a more relaxed cancellation policy, look somewhere else. Their priority is their pocket at that present moment and nothing else. What a shame!!!!

Room tip: Ensure you get confirmation about their policies, so you do not get ripped off.
Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed October 1, 2020

My experience there was amazing. The food was the bomb. My server was very nice and went above and beyond to make sure I had a great experience there. To those who complain about language barriers it’s 2020 try to learn a new freaking language. Stop feeling entitled. You went to an island stfu. Until next time Satama.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank mosel491
Reviewed July 20, 2020

I noticed a few people who have given this hotel lower than a 5 stars. YOU ARE NOT BEING FAIR. It is evident there are difficult or hard-to-please people out there whom no matter what WILL HAVE SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.

I was born and raised in Cap-Haitien and grew up in the U.S. I have traveled extensively throughout the world and I must tell this is ONE OF THE BEST HOTELS IN CAP-HAITIEN. I stayed there for 7 days with my two kids and they had a blast. The food was great and price well. The hotel staff was super professional and would go above and beyond to provide great services. Satama will be my hotel whenever I go to my beloved town. My family and I thank you for the great services you guys provided us during our stay.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank 476rockyb
Reviewed November 12, 2019

Where to start. Best lighting in a hotel room in the world. I've been to 146 countries, overnight in all 50 US states and all 92 counties in Indiana. And I know.

Large room with most comfortable side chair. All bathroom and bedroom amenities you need.

Constant cleaning and care shown throughout the hotel. Welcomed upon checking in. Staff bent over backward to help me.

And the view. Magnificent! Seeing Cap Haitien from above which might be preferred. Security gate to enter the hotel grounds.

Restaurant is available all afternoon and evening. Breakfast is included in the room rate.

The hotel isn't responsible for the poor road. Just be prepared to be wowed at arrival.

Great internet connection. Only one problem if staying mid November through December the power is cut from 9 to 5 because of a diesel shortage. But what are you doing in your room in the afternoon anyway? If your choice nice big windows and balcony.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank jwjwjwjw1
Reviewed August 28, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at Satama while on vacation in Cap Haitien. The hotel was amazing. It was difficult to find, and I wish they had more signs pointing the way. We had to ask for directions several times. You also need a strong vehicle to make it up the hill, as it is very steep.
The hotel itself was gorgeous. The view of cap haitien was beautiful and all the rooms face the same direction. We enjoyed the pool and the poolside waiter was very attentive and quick in bringing drinks and food when we wanted.
The room was very clean, beds comfortable, and shower had lots of hot water and good pressure. They provide two bottles of water in the room each day. The breakfast was included and very good. We had delicious eggs, pancakes, French toast, corn meal, and spaghetti on the two mornings we were there. The waiter was kind enough to make us fresh ginger tea. The sliced avocado was also very fresh and generous.

One suggestion I would make to the breakfast management is to approach guests to ask for their room number and to sign their name while they are seated at the table rather than while they are at the buffet line getting their food. It was awkward to be juggling the plates and having to sign a paper at the same time. Plus, I didn’t want everyone else in the buffet line hearing my name and room number either.

Front desk staff spoke great English, and security was good. We felt safe the entire time, and we’re comfortable leaving the car in the parking lot. They don’t leave do not disturb signs for the doors, so our room was serviced even after we requested that it not be.

Overall, the hotel is the best we have seen outside of Port au Prince. Definitely the best in Cap Haitien. We won’t hesitate to stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2019