Lowest prices for your stay
Reserve now, pay at stay
Free cancellation until 21-06-25
PricelineUS$138
FindHotelUS$135
Agoda.comUS$138
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

I only gave Satama Hotel 3stars because there were many details that I believe they should have had worked out by now. Don’t get me wrong the hotel is absolutely gorgeous beyond words and the view is breathtaking. But simple things like the fact the hotel lobby and exit is on what was their highest floor 5 & not one. That only certain elevators worked or that rooms were behind a series of doors. None of that was labeled so it was a lot of walking around and getting lost because there was no signage at all to direct guest. There was no information in the room at all about the facility. Like when the pool opened or closed or if there was room service or restaurant onsite. The phone in our room didn’t work so I had to walk to from desk to tell them and to find out if there was restaurant on site. The engineer apparently left at 6pm daily and was never able to get our phone working throughout our entire stay. The restaurant was lovely and the food was good but OMG the wait was beyond ridiculous. Some in the restaurant waited well over 2hours just for appetizers. There was only one waiter and he was completely overwhelmed. There was definitely a lack of staff present within the hotel throughout our stay and it was extremely evident. The few staff that we did see and I am not over exaggerating (8total) were absolutely wonderful. They were polite, friendly and as helpful as they could be when we asked questions. I will not lie. It is highly unlikely that I would stay at that hotel again upon my return. Because it is so high up in the mountain, we were essentially held captive once we got up to the hotel. I am accustomed to being able to walk around the neighborhood but that was next to impossible with the location of the hotel.

Credit: Three of pics are credited to BelleVue Tours the amazing tour company out of NY that coordinated the visit.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank marieac06
Reviewed February 11, 2019

My stay was peaceful, relaxing and enjoyable. I would have to agree on the service, fairly slow, but I think it's the culture. I will defiantly return, the breakfast was amazing, authentic and FREE! The bar and dinner was great I was impressed. I have referred my friends here as well.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank janesA6035AU
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

This is one of the newest hotel in cap-haïtien and it won’t disappoint you! Great quality rooms and good service. The food is also nice. The infinity pool overlooking the bay is by far the highlight though!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank RogJohnMitchell
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

Such a beautiful hotel..design extraordinary and great spectacular views.

Honestly I am baffled by how epic tje views are. Great breakfaast as well.

Overall I will visit in the near future. Some staff are super slow . TAKES 45 minutes to get a room service menu . 3 hrs to get the room clean .

We decided to check out early

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Erickalovestotravel
Reviewed March 3, 2018

I was in Haiti for a week long work conference and we stayed at the newly opened Satama Hotel. While they are still completing the finishing details it is a very clean and comfortable hotel with amazing views. The food was great and the staff were very helpful. Since it is new they are still working out a few kinks but nothing that was not manageable. During our conference we had scheduled tea breaks and one of our employees went out and attempted to take tea (it was set out) prior to the break and they were scolded for taking it too early, also the coffee was always a little cold and never ran out before all of us could take some, so I was glad we scheduled 30 minute breaks. There was loud construction going on which made it difficult to hear, the IT was a small challenge with HDMI cables and the sound system didn't work the best. However, any time we ran into an issue the hotel was quick to respond and do what they could to support our group--Customer Service is key! Also, I experienced some water pressure issues in my room, but once I changed rooms it was ok. We had a few power outages but they have generators so it came right back on. There are several levels all with seating which make it easy to find a spot outside to sit and work/relax. I would recommend spraying for mosquitos by getting a fogger because they could be brutal.

The check in process was easy but the check out process is still being fine tuned our large group could at times overwhelm them. The wifi was very reliable, the beds are very comfortable as well as the pillows. On the entry floor (the 5th floor), the breeze you get through the entry area is amazing and the overall architecture of the hotel is beautiful. Once they work through the small issues of opening up a hotel as long as this place is maintained it will be the place to stay in Cap.

Room tip: I would try to get a room on the 5th floor for the best views, but they are all great!
Date of stay: February 2018