Lowest prices for your stay
FindHotel
eDreams
Priceline
US$143
View deal
ZenHotels.com
Hurb
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 5, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I went there and spent a nice and relaxed time. Overall, we were able to relax as the hotel is nicely perched and away from the city pressure. The rooms are nice, comfortable and cozy. The shower pressure is very good and hot water runs just fine. The hotel is conveniently located not too far from most cultural or touristic attractions that Cap Haitien has to offer.

Where we believe things need to be improved are as follows:

The A/C was not operating so nicely even when the place is only one year old. Room temp in our bedroom went down to 24 deg C max and we were told that one of their condensing units were waiting to be fixed. It seems this issue occurs a bit too often from what we were told by other clients and may last too long when it does occur. The elevators were miss behaving as well. Only one out of four was working during our stay. The last day of our journey, neither one was operational, so we had to walk 5 floors up from our room level to the main lobby. Since the hotel was recently built (1 year), we certainly hole that they get to better train their maintenance staff. The “silenced” generator sets are too close to the reception area or not properly silenced, even when not heard from the pool or room areas, it’s too noisy around the lobby and lounge. For that reason, one thinks twice to sit and enjoy the view from the lobby. Finally, the restaurants and bars were a bit under staffed and there could be some improvements with the breakfast buffet variety. Might be due to under occupancy stress in recent months. Can’t tell for sure!

All in all, we would still very much recommend this hotel as the best so far in Cap Haitian, even when some improvements most definitely need to take place.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charles F
Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

Best accomodation in Cap Haïtien, Haiti. Price is good comparing to less accommodating places in Cap Haïtien with similar deal. the views are to die for, foods are delicious, service and staff are excellent!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank caprice205
Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

I only gave Satama Hotel 3stars because there were many details that I believe they should have had worked out by now. Don’t get me wrong the hotel is absolutely gorgeous beyond words and the view is breathtaking. But simple things like the fact the hotel lobby and exit is on what was their highest floor 5 & not one. That only certain elevators worked or that rooms were behind a series of doors. None of that was labeled so it was a lot of walking around and getting lost because there was no signage at all to direct guest. There was no information in the room at all about the facility. Like when the pool opened or closed or if there was room service or restaurant onsite. The phone in our room didn’t work so I had to walk to from desk to tell them and to find out if there was restaurant on site. The engineer apparently left at 6pm daily and was never able to get our phone working throughout our entire stay. The restaurant was lovely and the food was good but OMG the wait was beyond ridiculous. Some in the restaurant waited well over 2hours just for appetizers. There was only one waiter and he was completely overwhelmed. There was definitely a lack of staff present within the hotel throughout our stay and it was extremely evident. The few staff that we did see and I am not over exaggerating (8total) were absolutely wonderful. They were polite, friendly and as helpful as they could be when we asked questions. I will not lie. It is highly unlikely that I would stay at that hotel again upon my return. Because it is so high up in the mountain, we were essentially held captive once we got up to the hotel. I am accustomed to being able to walk around the neighborhood but that was next to impossible with the location of the hotel.

Credit: Three of pics are credited to BelleVue Tours the amazing tour company out of NY that coordinated the visit.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank marieac06
Reviewed February 11, 2019

My stay was peaceful, relaxing and enjoyable. I would have to agree on the service, fairly slow, but I think it's the culture. I will defiantly return, the breakfast was amazing, authentic and FREE! The bar and dinner was great I was impressed. I have referred my friends here as well.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank janesA6035AU
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

This is one of the newest hotel in cap-haïtien and it won’t disappoint you! Great quality rooms and good service. The food is also nice. The infinity pool overlooking the bay is by far the highlight though!

Date of stay: May 2018