Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$140
Orbitz.comUS$140
TravelocityUS$140
CheapTicketsUS$140
TripadvisorUS$140
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 18, 2018

My wife and I enjoyed our 5-day stay at Cormier Plage Resort. Although only 30 minutes from Cap Haitien it has the relaxed feeling of a rural area. The property seems to be very safe. We never felt nervous and no one hassled us about anything. The grounds and the beach are well-kept. The sweeping beach and the verdant hills behind it made for a gorgeous setting. The wifi signal was strong all over the property and they supplied bottled water daily. The buildings look a bit old and weathered but that happens quickly in a hot, humid climate.

We ate almost all of our meals at the resort and we enjoyed them all. It’s a good thing they have tasty food because there is really nowhere else in the vicinity to eat. The staff were polite and helpful, despite the fact that we don’t speak much French. The original owners, Jean-Claude and Kathy gave us a tour of their magnificent Taino Museum right on their property. It’s probably the most impressive collection of Taino artifacts in the world.

The current owner, JB, and the manager, Thoris, were very helpful answering my email requests for information. They sent someone to meet us at the airport, which relieved the anxiety we had about arriving in Haiti at a time of heightened tensions between the Hatian people and their government.

We were lucky with the weather this December. It was perfect. We never felt cold or hot. The sea was the same temperature as the air so there was no shock entering or leaving the water.

The resort can arrange for some very interesting tours. We took a full-day tour to the World Heritage sites of the Citadel Laferriere and Sans Soucis Palace, truly spectacular places. We also spend a lot of time swimming, snorkeling and walking along the road with its many scenic views.

One disappointment was that a few mosquitoes were able to get into our room every night. That is a little alarming in a country that has some serious diseases transmitted by mosquitoes. Another negative aspect of our stay were that the coral reef was virtually dead, containing just a few tiny fish.

The Hatian people were friendly but the garbage strewn all over the streets in the city of Cap Hatien was the worst I’ve seen in the world and we’ve been to countries even poorer than Haiti that did a better job of cleaning their streets. The residents and the city government could certainly do something about this if they want to. These problems of course are beyond the control of the resort owners who did keep their own property quite neat and clean.

If you’re looking for a small, quiet, relaxed seaside resort in a beautiful tropical setting I recommend Cormier Plage.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CormierPlage, Owner at Cormier Plage Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to rate us and comment, really appreciate it. JB owner

Reviewed November 11, 2018

My family and I spent about 18 months in Haiti and visited Cap Haitian on about 6 occasions. We love this beach and would visit every chance we would get. The water is awesome and the food is great. My kids and I love to snorkel around the small rear right off the beach.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

thankyou for taking the time to rate us and comment. JB owner

Reviewed September 16, 2018

I woke up on Saturday morning 9/15/18 in Gonaives, Haiti and decided my friend visiting from the states needed to see Cap Haitien and the Cormier Plage Resort - as a year or so ago I had such an amazing experience there with them...

So, we set off on the 3+ hour drive, hitting lots of road construction on the way - a dusty and exhausting drive. We arrived around 3pm on Saturday, checked in with relative ease and efficiency and were led to two different rooms (myself and our driver to one, my visiting friend to another just downstairs from where I was).

My first inclination that something was amiss was the fact that there was no power in the rooms when we arrived. I was told that it was because the hotel was not busy, thus they don't run the generator the whole time. I was told it would come on at 5pm. So, for the first two hours or so, we couldn't shower or use the toilet, and sat in a hot room with open windows (but no screens) figuring out what we should do...

We decided to go outside and sit around the bar area, as it was hot and we could use a drink. We were also hungry, so we tried to order a drink and ask for food menus to order a lunch, a la carte, which we were happy to pay for. Despite being the only people other than a single woman sitting at the bar, the service was horrible. We sat well over 20 minutes before we could get someone to notice or acknowledge us - and when we asked about food we were told we had to "find the lady in the white shirt in the restaurant". She was apparently quite busy (not sure why, as there were no other guests), because we couldn't find her. Questions we had about the menu were met with "let me go ask" - and on one occasion, she simply never returned with information we had requested as her shift had finished. When I explained to the new person who appeared to be the one with whom we should order food, he admitted "ou gen raison" (you have every right) to be mad.

So, lunch took us about 2 hours to get. Service at bar was unfriendly at best until I sort of complained to an employee wearing a black Cormier shirt who said to his colleagues, "sevi yo, sevi yo"! Which he ultimately did.

We tried to preorder dinner but the lady in white was missing in action. We finally ate dinner at 9pm. It was good, though it took me 3 different attempts to order to find something actually available...

After dinner, my friend and I returned to the bar for an evening cocktail. It was 9:15pm on a Saturday night. The bartender told us he was closing (everything was locked away). I asked if we could order beers to take to our room - and he did so, but not without appearing extremely annoyed by our request. It's not as if 9:15pm on a Saturday night at a resort hotel is an unreasonable time to ask for a drink. He clearly was ready to go home and not concerned with guest services and satisfaction...

The room itself was fine enough - though there was a used shampoo bottle left in the shower from a previous guest. The toilet would not flush. Power was interrupted 3 times after it finally came on around 6pm. No screens - lots of mosquitoes.

Sunday morning, 9/16/18 - breakfast was good - service was great. Sat in the lounging area and again servers passed by me more than a dozen times, never asking if I wanted something.

I feel like it's just the off-season and things are not up to par, but I was still less than thrilled with the service I received this trip. I will be back - as I think it's unusual for Cormier to leave this impression. However, they do need to improve on service in the bar and restaurant areas and provide basic services and amenities guests expect to find when paying prices akin to those one would pay in the US or at other big resorts.

Ultimately it was a great weekend - but could have been better from the start.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Jonathan L
CormierPlage, Owner at Cormier Plage Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

you are absolutely right, I apologize for the poor quality of the service. This is not our identity we have a long experience of good personalized service. I set myself to work immediately and am going to remedy these deficiencies. Already some supervisors have been severely reprimanded. I am absolutely responsible.
You are not the only one to have suffered from poor quality of our services and I humbly apologize, this will not happen again.
JB owner

Reviewed July 10, 2018

I live in Cap Haitien and sometimes go to Cormier for a meal or a drink. It's nice there. I know many people who have stayed at the hotel and like it also. If you have to visit Cap Haitien, for work or play, it's a viable place to stay or to visit. Nicest beach closest to Cap. Restaurant and bar are quiet nice, good people there. i recommend it.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed July 7, 2018

Our group of 20 stopped here for a day trip to enjoy the beach and some relaxation. The resort was small but had a nice beach front and plenty of beach chairs. The bar was nice but lunch takes a long time. We ordered lunch while on the beach and then waited for over an hour until it was ready and then we went into the restaurant. They were out of a lot of the food we ordered so some of our group had to reorder. When we got the food it was all very good and plentiful. The beach was nice white sand and pretty clean but I wish they made rounds a few times a day for clean up as there was a bit of trash floating in the ocean that made it onto the beach. I was done swimming later in the day when a diaper floated by. I would also not serve beach bar drinks in glass glasses to prevent broken glass on the beach and in the water. Due to the rocks in the water and bits of broken tile and glass we found I wore sandals while swimming.

Date of stay: June 2018