Lowest prices for your stay
US$115
View deal
Free cancellation until 21-06-26
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
Expedia.comUS$115
ZenHotels.com
TravelocityUS$115
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 31, 2018 via mobile

On overall terms, a decent hotel in CAP - the location is the best thing going for it, as easy to get to most anything.

The website is largely an odd bit of fiction. (Or was, fluid as those things are.) Much of what it portrays or lists simply doesn't exist or is exaggerated beyond belief. Certainly for what it offers, it's over-priced.

Some staff cold, but then a few very helpful. All in all, a quixotic hotel.

Did we enjoy our stay? Yes. Was it as advertised? No. Would we stay again? Yes, perhaps.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2016 via mobile

Here are the positives: The bed was one of the comfiest I have slept on in a long time. The room - even though it was in the middle of the town and facing the street - was super quiet. The aircon worked, and the shower was nice. The security guards were sweet, and the breakfast was passable. But here are the big negatives: the evening receptionist was totally unhelpful and couldn't be bothered with us at all, which didn't set the eight tone as she was the first person we met. The WiFi never worked, nor did the television - not such a big deal, but they should not advertise something they essentially do not have. No English is spoken here - not necessarily a requirement in Haiti, but if you don't speak French or Creole, you should be aware that communication will be impossible. Also, we had booked through Hotels.com, and when we arrived in the room we discovered that it had none of the features we had booked and paid for, including a queen sized bed, rainfall shower and Egyptian cotton sheets (we were looking for something a little flasher than normal, as it was not only New Years Eve but also the start of our honeymoon). When we brought this to the receptionist's attention, she showed us the room that did in fact have all these features - but then told us it was 90 dollars more. I don't know if this misrepresentation was the fault of the hotel or hotels.com, but either way, the situation was handled poorly. The hotel was totally empty as well, so they could have easily moved us into the room we had booked in the first place. Overall, we were unimpressed, and with a location so good and all the building blocks of a great hotel, this place should be much, much better.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank AndyMac57
Reviewed June 28, 2015

We stayed here for one night and really enjoyed it. The bed was one of the most comfortable in which we slept during our two-week vacation in Haiti and the AC worked well. The bathroom was large and the shower worked great. Everything was very clean. There was also clean drinking water in the room. The staff was very friendly, and though they spoke virtually no English (and we only little Kreyol), they still worked hard to communicate with us and to help us feel welcome. The breakfast was delicious, with eggs, bread, a fruit plate, coffee, juice and ice water. If you don't plan to spend much time at your hotel, and just need a comfortable room with a hearty breakfast, you should stay at Le Paradis. We also stayed at Hotel Christophe and it had lovely grounds and a pool for relaxing, but the rooms were not as comfortable as those at Le Paradis.

Date of stay: June 2015
Reviewed December 23, 2014

The receptionist at this hotel was indifferent and unwelcoming...not helpful at all with our questions about how to get to certain sites and to the bus station. Even the guard who regularly saw us come and go was unfriendly. It was odd too because no one else was staying there, so it wasn't as if it was a hectic time and they had too many guests to attend to at once...

They also asked for our breakfast order each night ahead of time, but continually messed up the order each time anyway (though the coffee and fresh juice were quite good). Additionally, they said they had wi-fi in the room, but it was never working anywhere in the hotel (though this was the least of our concerns with staying here, as we didn't need the internet that much), though the hotel does tout itself as more of a business hotel...

Overall the hotel and room itself were kept quite clean. However, otherwise, its staff does not seem ready or interested in serving tourists...

Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank zengirl_10
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I just came back from a amazing 4-night stay at the Le Paradis in Cap-Haitien. I can say with confidence that this boutique hotel is a the perfect oasis for any traveler, and especially a first-time traveler to Haiti. When I started to research hotels for my trip, I came across this hotel, and then contacted them via email to ask about price, rooms, etc. The General Manager Mr. Evans (who I found out is based in Haiti & Miami) replied to me and let me know all the options. I found this so convenient to have a point of contact to ask all my questions. Additionally, I was also able to pay for the hotel stay up-front in full to the hotels' Bank of America bank account.. this was a relief for me to do this, as I was worried to bring a lot of cash with me, as credit card use is very rare in Haiti. They email me a pro-forma invoice and once I paid, I emailed my deposit slip to the hotel, and they sent me back a paid in full receipt. I was also requested to bring the original bank deposit slip with me and gave this to the on-site Manager Ms. Ruth upon check in.

I arrived to Cap-Haitien at about 10am and checked straight into my room, The hotel is small and intimate, and modern. There is no elevator in the building, just stairs, and the room I had was right at the top of the first flight of stairs, overlooking the inside garden courtyard on the ground floor. The room was large (I had Room #17) which has a huge King-Sized Bed, a separate bathroom, a wall-mounted flat screen TV, a small fridge and complimentary tea/coffee (of course with all your usual hotel room furniture). The room was also air-conditioned and had a ceiling fan - very important for those travelers who cant handle the heat (like me!... however please note - there is no where else in the hotel that has air conditioning). During the day the electricity will turn off for some items (like the AC) for a little while (about an hour) and this is normal in Haiti, so don't stress! Also, included in the room rate, is daily breakfast (yummy!) and WiFi access. Every where in and around the hotel was clean, and every day i received housekeeping with fresh sheets and towels. There are no telephones in the room, but this didn't bother me, and whenever the hotel staff needed to contact me, they would knock at the door. It was weird at first (as they would come to the room to tell us breakfast is ready) but after the first couple of days, i was used to it, and felt it added a personal touch to their service.

And speaking of service, every one was very polite and accommodating. The staff spoke limited English, and the breakfast/dinner menu was in French, so had I been by myself, it would have been a very difficult to say what i wanted, however luckily my Haitian friend was with me and could translate and/or converse with them! We had the same staff members at breakfast every day, also for the cleaning of the rooms and at the front desk, so i became very familiar with them. As a bonus for the safety of hotels guests, there is a 24-hour security guard at the hotel. (They would never leave their post at the entrance of the hotel).

The location is perfect! Right in the center of town, and only a couple of short blocks away from the famous Cathedral. Cap-Haitien is a very busy, spread out city. The streets are walk-able (just look where you step and watch out for the cars and motorcycles!) and you will never find yourself alone anywhere. The Haitian people are very kind, and very curious. Being a "white girl" walking around with my Haitian friend, I would be stared at by everyone (I didn't mind this at all). In the 5 days I was there, it was only twice did a see another foreigner. You will hear the locals say (or yell out) "blan" which means "white".. don't get offended, Okap has not been exposed to outside tourism as much as other places, so its very rare to see a foreigner, especially in the center of town. But I like this fact, purely because the experience is far more richer than if i were somewhere congested with tourists.

Taxi's are very easy to find around town (both car and motorcycle taxis) and the hotel is only about 15 minutes or so away from the airport. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Cap-Haitien. If you want to be immersed in local life and be in the center of everything, but still be able to retreat back to the comforts of a western-like hotel.... then Le Paradis S Hotel is your choice. It was easy to book, easy to pay, clean & comfy rooms, yummy food, nice staff, great location, and it was a completely stress-free experience. After I departed, the GM Mr. Evans contacted me via email with a thank you note - awesome! Why would you NOT want stay!? :)

Here are some tips for Cap-Haitien:
1. Bring lots if $1 bills - its customary to give $2 to each person who handles your bag
2. Be careful of pricing in stores - they have 3 currencies - Gourdes, Haitian Dollars & US Dollars.
3. Keep USD$60 in your passport for the return home - The departure taxes at the airport are USD$60 each person which MUST be paid in order for you to leave.
4. There are no "touristy" places in Okap, just real life, so don't expect to find souvenirs.

Room tip: Contact the hotel via email to prior to arrival to ask questions or get recommendations.
Date of stay: August 2014