“Blue Mountain Bike Tour, Jamaica”
Review of Blue Mountains

and up
Bicycle Tour of Jamaica's Blue Mountains from Falmouth
Ranked #5 of 66 things to do in Kingston
More attraction details
Owner description: Want a wild outdoor adventure that'll leave you breathless, exhilarated and home in time for supper? Then push your way through the dense tropical forest of the Blue Mountains for an afternoon that will feast your eyes and work your quads.
Philadelphia, PA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Blue Mountain Bike Tour, Jamaica”
Reviewed 2 October 2011

While in Jamaica my wife and I went on the Blue Mountain Bicycle Tour. This was a grand adventure that started with a bus picking us up at our hotel and traveleing for an hour and a half through Ocho Rios and East to the Blue Mountains. While traveling, our driver kept up a continuous discourse on the Jamaican culture, politics, economics, history, and agriculture. It was very interesting and appreciated by all. We arrived after traveling up a winding one lane road that was about 3 inches wider than our bus. Arriving at the chalet built into the mountain side, we had a brunch(tasty) and were given our safety equipment. We also were introduced to Blue Mountain coffee learning how it grew, was harvested, and processed. We then went to the top of the mountain for our 18 mile trip downhill through a rainforest and coffee plantation. Our bikes were not the best but our tour guides did their best to make everyone comfortable. We started down the hill and my wife did not feel comfortable on the bike. She asked to sit in the bus that accompanied us but the guides came up with a very acceptable alternative. Soon she was riding down the mountain on the back of a bicycle built for two with one of the guides playing driver. We went through some amazing countryside that was so lovely with it's vibrant green life and sparkling waterfalls. We stopped for lunch and had a typical Jamaican meal of Jerk chicken, rice and beans and fruit. It was delicious. We then continued down the mountain stopping while the guides explained some of the herbs the locals used for medicine. Arriving at our destination we were treated to a cool dip in a mountain pool fed by a thirty foot waterfall. All in all it was a day full of adventure, learning, good food, and fun all included in the price. I recommend it to all.

Visited September 2011
8 Thank Phillymark2011

• Polish first
Los Angeles, California
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 211 helpful votes
“BREATHTAKING!!!”
Reviewed 13 September 2011

When you think of Jamaica, most people think of the white sand beaches, and yes, there are plenty of those! However, if you are a nature lover and enjoy serenity, birds, plants, flowers, good fresh air, etc., I would highly recommend including the Blue Mountains in your trip! I come to Jamaica often and have been doing so for many years....the Blue Mountains are by far my favorite area there! The tranquility, the refreshing coolness, the flora, the beautiful people...I just can't describe it. It's something you have to go and experience for yourself. I always say this about Jamaica....the beachs make my heart very HAPPY, but the Blue Mountains make me HIGH!...and they do! There's no other place like it. Try it...and be sure to stop along the way to chat to the wonderful people..they're all super friendly and love meeting people from all over the world.

Visited May 2011
2 Thank GermaicanSpiceGirl
Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“AWESOME VIEWS”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

So nice and roads are smalll and winding just what you will expect ,,,lots of places to stop and chat with locals and get a drink of whatever you might like , totally safe

Visited April 2011
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing View and Great Experience”
Reviewed 13 March 2010

I had a great time trekking up to the Blue Mountain peak. I found a rastafarian man tour guide named Prince through couch surfing dot com and he was one of the coolest people I ever met. We left his place around midnight and made our way to the peak before sunrise. They say you can see Cuba from up there on a clear day, although it wasn't perfectly clear when I went so I couldn't. All of the plant life on the peak is miniaturized due to the winds and it looks like you are on another planet. Unbelievably beautiful. The peak is also the highest point the West Indes, at over 7000ft in elevation. It gets cold up there so make to sure to pack a sweatshirt/windbreaker. If you want to use the same guide as I used you can look him up on couchsurfing dot com. Highly recommended for a unique and authentic Jamaican experience.

1 Thank EightSeven6
Baltimore, Maryland
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Blue Mountains Kingston Jamaica”
Reviewed 23 February 2010

Make sure you have good planing and understanding about your trip. You need to change several vehicle and walk several hours to the peak. If you don't wanna go all the way to the peak, stopping at where the guest houses is a really nice trip as well and worth to make. Especially second vehicle trip, with a 4X4 Land Rover (don't think anything trendy, probably you never seen this model before=:)) you will hop and hop and hop.
Guest house people will try to sell you a small pouch of coffee for $20 and they will claim it to be one of theirs, but the packaging will tell you not =;)
Nice people, very kind, respectful no pushy.

4 Thank Suat E