Review on Courtleigh Hotel
During my recent visit to Kingston on February, I stayed again at the Courleigh Hotel. Despite some reviews about noise due to renovation, I did not experience any problem or inconvenience due to it. When I inquired about it, the front desk staff informed me that work would only take place after 9:00 AM and concludes before or by 5:00 pm.; they honored those times.
I booked my reservation directly from their web site and a note acknowledging it and welcoming me was emailed to me twice. Both the check in and check,out were flawless. Upon my arrival, i was informed that I had received an upgrade to the 10th floor, with a room that included a balcony facing west; rooms on this floor usually offer the best view. However, little this floor was considered a smoking floor and, even though guests are encouraged to smoke off their balconies, many of them do it inside their rooms, too.
I'm not a smoker and, although the room was smoke free, smoke from other rooms came in under the door, which it was not a pleasant experience by the second day. Upon arriving from work I reported it, asked for a change of room, and was given a new upgraded room in a non smoking floor (4th); the staff apologized and took proper action to fresh up the hallways, too. Everything was handled quickly and professionally.
Breakfast is included with the room fees, and it offers a decent fresh selection from a buffet. Also menu items are available, and I would suggest the "healthy omelet" as a favorite of mine, which is made with egg whites and grilled chicken. The pool and patio is well taken care of and still feels intimate when compared to the hotels close by. A strong and consistent WIFI signal is available throughout the hotel and also outside. The business center is small but functional.
One suggestion is to take ear plugs with you as you may have to endure a concert coming from the park across the street or, worse, karaoke night from the Pegasus or Wyndham hotels that are close by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Only Address You Will Ever Need to Make The Right Impression In Kingston. The Courtleigh Hotel and Suites offers discerning guests, unparalleled personalized service with deluxe rooms, one and two bedroom suites and our ultra-luxurious Penthouse floor. Featuring direct dial telephones, free wireless internet, work desk, cable TV including premium movie channels, in - room safe, coffee / tea maker, refrigerator, iron, ironing board, Bath & Body Works amenities and Free buffet breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Courtleigh Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Courtleigh Hotel Kingston
- Courtleigh Hotel Kingston
- The Courtleigh Hotel And Suites Jamaica/Kingston