“Service at its best.”

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Bermuda
“Service at its best.”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I recently stayed at this property and it was one of the most pleasant hotel stays I have experienced. The service was comparable to any five star property in the world. The front desk, maintenance, housekeeping and the restaurant staff all can be used as examples of service excellence for the hospitality industry in Jamaica and the world.

Room Tip: "The higher floors are quieter."
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Stephen_C_J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Polish first
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Review on Courtleigh Hotel
Feb 14-20

During my recent visit to Kingston on February, I stayed again at the Courleigh Hotel.  Despite some reviews about noise due to renovation, I did not experience any problem or inconvenience due to it.  When I inquired about it, the front desk staff informed me that work would only take place after 9:00 AM and concludes before or by 5:00 pm.; they honored those times.

I booked my reservation directly from their web site and a note acknowledging it and welcoming me was emailed to me twice.  Both the check in and check,out were flawless.  Upon my arrival, i was informed that I had received an upgrade to the 10th floor, with a room that included a balcony facing west; rooms on this floor usually offer the best view. However, little this floor was considered a smoking floor and, even though guests are encouraged to smoke off their balconies, many of them do it inside their rooms, too.

I'm not a smoker and, although the room was smoke free, smoke from other rooms came in under the door, which it was not a pleasant experience by the second day. Upon arriving from work I reported it, asked for a change of room, and was given a new upgraded room in a non smoking floor (4th); the staff apologized and took proper action to fresh up the hallways, too. Everything was handled quickly and professionally.

Breakfast is included with the room fees, and it offers a decent fresh selection from a buffet. Also menu items are available, and I would suggest the "healthy omelet" as a favorite of mine, which is made with egg whites and grilled chicken.  The pool and patio is well taken care of and still feels intimate when compared to the hotels close by.  A strong and consistent WIFI signal is available throughout the hotel and also outside. The business center is small but functional.

One suggestion is to take ear plugs with you as you may have to endure a concert coming from the park across the street or, worse, karaoke night from the Pegasus or Wyndham hotels that are close by.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank TravelingSalesMgr
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I checked in to this hotel on a Saturday afternoon and from early evening until at least 1 am Sunday morning I was constantly disturbed by extremely loud music coming from some adjacent property. It was so bad that I could not sleep and decided to check out a little after 1 am, rather than continue the futile effort of trying to get some sleep. After spending over US$200 a night, I don't think it is unreasonable to expect some peace and quiet! The loud music may not have been the hotel's fault, but if they cannot intervene on behalf of their guests, then potential guests should know what to expect if they stay here. After this experience, it is extremely unlikely that I will be staying at this hotel again!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Bruce83
BROOKLYN
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Even though my husband and I were not greeted by a bellman when we arrived....the rest of our stay was great. The room was cozy, larger than usual balcony and the service was very good. We will return.

Room Tip: The upper floors are quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was my first time in Kingston. I enjoyed staying at the Courtleigh. While the age shows in a few places (some peeling paint) the room was very nice overall. My room on the 7th floor had a new bathroom that was very nice. The rest of the room was good and I slept well. There was some noise from the Wyndham next door one night, but I slept through it, The service at the front desk was very good. I emailed they before my arrival and they arranged a cab to pick me up at the airport so I did not have to worry about that. I used the same driver for my return to the airport. The Courtleigh will be at the top of my list when I return to Kingston.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Mandeville, Jamaica
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days and had a very good experience staying there. The staff was excellent and the sevice was very good. Had a few drinks by the pool bar and thanks to Andy and Kay maybe had one too many. The bathroom was recently redone and was very modern . All in all i would have to say the best stay I have had in Kingston.

Room Tip: i sayed in 503 it was a suite
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Although this is one of the older hotels in Kingston it has been refurbished, but even before that I would stay here in preference to anywhere else on the south coast. Friendly staff great food, safe environment.

Room Tip: Get one with a balcony if you can
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business