“Excellent Place to Stay and Dine”

The Knutsford Court Hotel
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Place to Stay and Dine”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during our trip to Jamaica in February 2012. We stayed just one night because we were touring the island on a whole and didn't stay in any hotel for more than one night. I was so glad that we bypassed all of the albeit more familiar named larger hotels for this medium sized quaint place.

The customer service was great from the time we reached the property at the front gate. The staff in the hotel itself were professional, courteous and friendly. Our room was nice. We had a view of the courtyard, a balcony, and the room was on the end of the corridor. That always helps to cut down on traffic noise.

My husband is an independent contractor so he always notices the construction and those kinds of details. Other than the door could have used some sealers to conserve energy and keep the hallway lights from shinning in the room so much, the room was great. Clean and comfortable.

I'm very a very picky consumer and I was pleased. Dinner at the Melting Pot Restaurant and Lounge was absolutely delicious. The drinks were equally delish. Other than a few inconsequential cosmetic things, I rate this place as excellent. I've been in much more expensive hotels, which reminds me, the price was a bit lower than let's say the Wyndham, but the service and overall stay was just as satisfying.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the far end of the corridor, facing the courtyard with a balcony. I don...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank erey01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Slovak first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I was only there for a short night but I thought the hotel was fine

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed at the Knutsford Court Hotel for ten days and it was a pleasant experience.
All the staff that we dealt with were very pleasant and helpful and I am not just saying that because we stayed there. I actually contacted the hotel prior to leaving the UK on more than one occasions and the members of staff I spoke to were very courteous and helpful. When we got there we realised that they were not acting but found them to genuinely nice
The entire compound including the building is clean, attractive and inviting. I would stay there again and would recommend it to as many people as possible.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Roy M
Lyon, France
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I have very little to say about this hotel that is positive. A few of the staff made the stay bearable, but otherwise I would not recommend it. I received wake-up calls before 6am on two days - for the wrong room. I had no hot water for four days. Room service was not prompt and often incorrect - you could be waiting a long time to eat what you did not order. Concierge services are non-existent. The buffet breakfast was extremely basic. At least the bed was comfortable, the bar was cheap and the wireless service worked (slowly, but relatively reliably).

Room Tip: Face the courtyard / pool to avoid the street noise, if you can.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Kingston hotels

Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I stayed at the Knutsford Hotel for four days in January, 2012. The hotel was moderately priced and my visit there was wonderful. The staff were very friendly and the food in the restaurant was great. My room had been re-decorated and was very pleasant and clean. It is a good basic hotel...nothing fancy, but of good value. I will be staying there next year when I will return with friends for our yearly meetings. Be sure to stop by the Devon House for ice cream, too while in Kingston!

Room Tip: The rooms over looking the garden are very nice.
2 Thank Kevan S
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks this past visit and I was once again welcomed by the very friendly and courteous staff in the business. After reading other reviews, I am not sure as to why people feel as though the staff are not trustworthy. I am confident in saying that I have never had an issue with any staff member and they always go out of the way to ensure that I feel safe and comfortable. I want to acknowledge the Bar and Restaurant staff and how everyone who comes in contact with them states that they are the reason why they will or do come back. I trust that Management will make note of this and do the right thing. The hotel has been going through various renovations and are always trying to improve their looks but lets be honest, renovations take time. Is it really that important to have a flat screen in your room? I have and will continue to recommend this hotel to my friends. Great job everyone.

2 Thank colette2425
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 January 2012

A little out of the way, quite and inexpensive, the food was average but the staff extreemly pleasant, I see it as a cheaper version of the Courtleigh a sister hotel in the same town. The room I had was clean but the only windows were in the bathroom, which seemed odd.

The pillows I had were too high for me but thats me. Hot Breakfast was included and although limited to Eggs and Sausage, it was fine,