“Best lobster with ocean view”
Review of Marguerite's

Marguerite's
Reserve with OpenTable
Marguerite's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 139 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: An elegant and sophisticated 5-star, dining experience on the edge of the Caribbean Sea, specializing in an assortment of fine wines and fresh seafood,creatively prepared.
Reviewed January 25, 2016

This lovely Restuarant has a lobster menu along with many other fish entrees. It is right on the ocean with outdoor tables on a balcony overlooking the ocean. You feel like your on a cruise. The service is very good with a good selection of wine including port. The lobster came with mashed potatoes that were excellent and local veggies. We had crab cakes for an appetizer that were delicious. The lobster was delicious. We were too full to try dessert. The restaurant sent a van to pick us up at our hotel so we didn't have to pay for a taxi. So if you're looking for a perfect atmosphere and excellent food this is a good place to go to.

1  Thank Ngm888

Reviewed January 20, 2016

Hubby and I both had the scallops with garlic potatoes. We had 5 small scallops each and they were chewy. The dish was so-so and the portion was small. I had a fabulous molten chocolate cake for dessert. Best I've ever had. 2 entrees, a bottle of wine and 2 desserts with tip/tax was about $220. US Way to much. Lovely setting and service was ok.

1  Thank Linda P
Reviewed January 14, 2016

My husband and I read about this while staying in Montego Bay and are we ever glad we decided to leave the all inclusive for an evening. Don't let the fact that it's located right next to Margaritaville fool you. It's a classy restaurant, four to five star dining with a decent wine selection and outstanding seafood. And I haven't mentioned the views. You can sit right outside on the cliffs overlooking the ocean hearing the waves, so incredible. We enjoyed seafood from the appetizer right through our entire meal and it was all fabulous. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed January 10, 2016

We went to Marguerite's based on a combination of the reviews on Trip Advisor and a recommendation from the concierge at our hotel. The only way that the ratings make sense to me is based on a lack of competition. Dining options are apparently severely limited in Mobay because so many visitors stay at All Inclusive Hotels.

To begin with, it does not look or feel like a fine dining establishment, It was a little odd when we got there and entered what would normally have seemed like a main dining room and found it empty (meaning no seating areas or tables). We ate outside, which was nice as it was on the water, but it was still an odd impression.

It certainly doesn't sound like a fine dining establishment. There was a party at the club that adjoined the restaurant, and we could barely hear each other speak over the music.

When the food came, my lobster was overcooked.

All in all, I did not feel that Marguerite's was worth either the hype or the price. But if you want a special occasion dinner in Mobay, I don't know how many options you have.

1  Thank canediver
Reviewed November 30, 2015

We had a lovely dinner here - great views and have Keneif as your server he is super great and charming. Nothing to see in Montego Bay so don't go to see anything else - we had fish and lobster - all delicious